Author Thread
Twitwi96

View Profile
Why do I not get a response from a guy when I send them a message?
Posted : 15 May, 2016 07:47 PM

Sad, but true. There is no way of informing the site that one has passed on.

Twitwi96

View Profile
Scam Alert
Posted : 11 Dec, 2015 03:20 AM

Hey Pinkstrawbs!

The thing about scammers is that they always give themselves away.

Be it by:

- refusing to videochat with you,

- being too eager to videochat,

- wanting your digits in the first "Hello" message, e.g. "halo, i come frm ___ . Wnt 2 no u betr. my skype id is ____ and whatsapp # is ____ send me yourz pls",

- which leads me to the bad grammar aspect of things: We all have a text language but I mean when meeting someone new (that you probably find yourself attracted to, friendship wise or otherwise) we want to make a good first impression, so if someone sends me a "Wnt 2 no u betr" I immediately assume this person has probably sent this message to 20 different women and did not even put any thought into it. Just my take on it...

- some want to know the specifics of your life from the get go, e.g. where you live (city, street address), when you were born, your real name, who you are related to (as if they would even know them), your favorite numbers (I find this one kinda strange), if you are on any other sites, etc.

- then there's the obvious outbursts of "I love you", "Will you marry me?", "When can we be together?", all very aggressive behaviour in your first communications. At first I would think mmhm maybe this person is just too eager...BUT NOPE...once you refuse their advances they either block you or become super angry, or something like that.

There's more stuff to look out for but for now, this is all I can think of...but I must say, not every single person who displays some/one of these traits is a scammer. Someone who refuses to videochat may just be an extra careful person, or self-concious, or has been through it before many times before and has been disappointed in the end.

I hope this helps! As you can tell, I've seen a lot!

Twitwi96

View Profile
Why its so hard to find friends on this site?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2015 05:17 AM

Tricky question...

Personally, I think most people are on here to find their match (granted, it's a christian dating site after all), but I think people know what they're looking for in their possible match that they don't really stray from that to just make a friend. Because really, how many of us actually make a list of what our friends should look like, act like (of course you may not want them to be of a certain demeanor), where they should come from, what denomination they should be a part of (if they're christian), how tall they should be, body size, etc.

And also, maybe some people have enough friends to catch up with in their day to day life so they may not be looking to make any more.

Just making assumptions to help answer your question...

Most people may be more focused on finding "A Marriage Partner", or "A Date", so those who are looking for just "Friends" should be able to find you, just have fun!

Twitwi96

View Profile
Why are there more foreingner women here than American?
Posted : 26 Oct, 2015 05:10 AM

Wow, it's amazing that you feel there are too many "foreign women" on this site. America does happen to be only one country in the whole world, so of course there would be less American women online in comparison to the rest, just like how there are less Nigerian women, or Ukrainian women, or Mexican women in comparison to the rest of the world respectively. And lo and behold these countries are all in different time zones so you'll definitely find them online at various times of the day.

I'd agree, just block people from abroad (if this is a requirement for you) cause it even stresses me out but I don't complain cause maybe that Indian man is to be my partner in 10 years to come as a blessing in my life or that Australian woman, who you avoid cause she's foreign, is to be the greatest blessing to yours (just giving examples).

It is a real shame that people feel that some women/men only contact them because they come from a certain country; yes, there are numerous scammers (it is unbelievable what they will do) but there are just as many genuine individuals. I hear about the visa issue all the time and I understand that coming from America or wherever is seen as coming from wealth in some of these countries, but if you ask some of these people, they already have a visa and wealth is not of importance cause it doesn't pay your way through to heaven. God uses unbelievable methods to shower blessings upon his children, continue your search in faith. Do not give up! :)

God bless you all

Twitwi96

View Profile
The first message to a woman
Posted : 22 May, 2015 09:50 AM

I agree with @wee_scotch_egg . If you can think of anything besides confessing your love for a lady and hounding her with requests to contact her on other forums you're probably on the right track. I loathe it when someone says they love me and the next thing I know I get their phone number/skype name/facebook profile name etc.

I second just introducing yourself then bringing up a mutual interest, saying something new about yourself, and finishing off with a question that you are interested in finding the answer to (not: I like mangoes. Do you?, I see a lot of this)and also one that will further the conversation/create depth.