Author Thread
Larrysreachinghigher

View Profile
I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 08:05 PM

Leon,

All I am saying to EVERYONE here is love each other. We are Christians. Love as we would want to be loved. As Christ would love us.

If we need to correct someone, we are to do it in a loving fashion. If we quote scripture in an angry fashion, as was done here, we do more damage than good. Who is to listen to us if we are not loving? If we are like this to non-believers it's no wonder that so many are turning to other things.

None of us here, ESPECIALLY ME, can judge any man or woman. I fall so far short of His glory that I can't tell you how grateful I am for His amazing sacrifice for me and the gift of grace. That's all I have to say about that.

And if our brothers/sisters don't wish to hear, then we shouldn't brow-beat them mercilessly. What does it accomplish? Resentment. And loss of respect.

I sense some well meaning individuals have unknowingly created some very deep wounds. And when those types of scars come at the hands of other Christians, they don't always heal.

Be blessed,

Larry

Larrysreachinghigher

View Profile
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 01:48 PM

I have hovered over this discussion.

I have lost sleep over this discussion.

And all that I can think of is:

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal." 1 Cor: 13:1

"Love suffereth long and is kind;..." 1 Cor. 13:4

"...He said unto them, [i]'He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.'[/i]" John 8:7

[i]"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to

your words, shake the dust off your feet when

you leave that home or town."[/i] Matthew 10:14

Be blessed my brothers and sisters,

Larry

Larrysreachinghigher

View Profile
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 08:59 PM

A question is asked about a photo and a character is attacked?

Colleen, I will withhold judgement on your photo lest I also be judged...

But I will say....

That no man should throw stones or criticize his brother or his sister when his own house is not in order...

That in Paul's letter to Timothy in which he encourages the women to dress modestly and without adornment in WORSHIP also says that women are to be quiet and submissive...let's read the whole thing, shall we? Not just the parts that we want...

It is clear that at least 2 of the male posters, by their own posts, had previously tried to contact Colleen and at least one was obviously ignored, probably both...and I think these lectures are just ways of venting.

I am sure that you ladies, when you go to the beach/pool, are covered from your necks to your ankles at all times and you never lay out in the sun to get a tan. Are you ready to don 'burqas'? Also, why are you responding in the 'ask a guy' forums?

I can tell that Collen was hurt by many of your comments. Your opinions could have been delivered in a more loving fashion.

Colleen, by the tone of the responses it is obviously a provocative picture. Is it inappropriate? I guess that depends on who's looking at it...what is considered acceptable by today's Christians would be absolutely sacrilege 200 years ago.