Author Thread: enlighten me please. Good manners?
happyfella52

View Profile
History
enlighten me please. Good manners?
Posted : 12 Jan, 2009 10:55 AM

Hi all. There's many very nice people online here. I thank everyone who's been so kind. I do have a question, though. I have mailed out a number of notes expressing interest in getting to know someone. And there are quite a few that don't even bother taking the time to say, "Thanks, but no thanks." That seems to me to be poor manners. I look at a note the same as someone speaking to me. Gosh, I would never think of just ignoring someone who spoke to me. But, then again, maybe this should be considered a different format than a personal hello. How do you feel?

On a different note. I have had two people say, I will respond tomorrow. They never did. How would that make you feel? Is that the same as telling a lie? Just curious about how others feel.

chozen2b

View Profile
History
enlighten me please. Good manners?
Posted : 14 Jan, 2009 02:16 PM

As a nice southern girl, I wouldn't think of not responding to someone, who contacted me. However, it doesn't seem everyone has that same sense of good manners. Perhaps it just individuals trying to spare someone feelings. To not do what you said you were going to do is a lie.