Author Thread: It's Heartbreaking, Isn't It?
Admin

It's Heartbreaking, Isn't It?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 06:44 AM

hello my fellow brothers and sisters. i'm not sure if this is the right place for this post so forgive me please.

as i go about running errands or shopping, etc. i've noticed that people (saved and unsaved) are much more kinder, considerate, and respectful to complete strangers than their love ones.

please allow me to explain. complete strangers hold doors open for other strangers, greet and smile, say excuse me, please, thank you, have a nice day, etc., co-workers do the same, church members do the same, etc. everyone shows respect for one another (most of the time).

yet, i've witnessed people treating their own families, their love ones, like cr*ap! they're yelling at each other, using bad language, hitting, dirty looks to one another, showing anger/resentment/bitterness/jealousy/hatred towards one another, denying to do favors for family, don't use good manners, etc.

so my question or complaint is this: why do we treat the ones that we love the most, the closest to our heart like this?

if i feel badly every time i witness this, i can only imagine how our Lord God must feel since he has a wider view and knows all. it's heartbreaking, isn't it?

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 11:05 AM

SISTER ZOE, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT AND IN ALL HONESTY, I AM PERSONALLY GUILTY OF SOME OF WHAT YOU WROTE. I UNDERSATND THAT THERE IS NO EXCUSE, PLEASE PRAY FOR ME THAT ALL THE DESTROYED BRIDGES IN MY ENTIRE FAMILY WILL BE REBUILT. I WILL ALSO DO THE SAME FOR ANYONE ELSE.

THANK YOU.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 01:28 PM

i will pray for you and i my brother. as i also am a bit guilty of this. the good thing is, that the Holy Spirit convicts me every time and i repent of my sins. i immediately change the way i treat those closest to me.

but why do we do this? i can't understand it. i need to understand it so i, we, can stop hurting our loves ones.

are we stressed out? selfish?

do we get too comfortable with our families, hence the real ugly side of us comes out?

is the enemy aiming to destroy families?

why do we do this to the ones we love the most?

dear Lord, have mercy on us. please show us to be more like you: full of love, compassion, forgiveness, peace, joy, faithful in every situation....Amen. I will continue to pray for us all.

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 01:53 PM

dear folks, ya have to make a concious effort to treat all peoples the same.. and after awhile itll become second nature to ya..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 02:51 PM

YEAH, I TOTALLY SEE WHAT YOU MEAN CATTLE.

BUT MY SITUATION IS THIS. THE BIBLE CLEARLY STATES THAT WE SHOULD OBEY OUR PARENTS RIGHT?

THE PROBLEM FOR ME IS THAT MY PARENTS ABUSE THIS RULE, THEY TRY TO FORCE ME TO DO THINGS THAT I DONT WANT TO. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT WHEN I WAS ABOUT 15, THEY FORCED ME TO GET BAPTISED. I'M OVER THAT THOUGH.

MY MAIN ISSUE IS THAT MY PARENTS DESPISE MY CAREER CHOICE. I KNOW THAT WE ARE TO OBEY OUR PARENTS BUT THERE COMES A TIME WHEN THE LINE HAS TO BE DRAWN, I BELIEVE THAT THEIR IS ROOM FOR NEGOTIATION AND OF COURSE, PARENTS NEED TO BE REASONABLE AND UNDERSTANDING.

EXAMPLE, IF MY PARENTS TOLD ME TO JUMP OFF A CLIFF, WOULD I DO IT, OF COURSE I WONT BECAUSE THAT IS SUICIDE, PROVOCATION, WHICH IS WRONG IN GODS EYES AND AGAINST GODS LAW ALL TOGETHER.

I JUST WISH THAT MY PARENTS WOULD CEASE FROM BEING DRAWN INTO WHAT SOCIETY PERCIEVES TO BE A GOOD JOB AND INTO WHAT SOCIETY AND THE WORLD IN GENERAL , PERMITS TO BE GOOD.

AT THE END OF THE DAY, WHAT IS THE POINT OF GOING TO WORK, PURSUING A CAREER THAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU HAPPY, THIS IS WHAT I AM TRYING TO GET ACROSS TO THEM AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO SEEK GOD, WHEN THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT IS UPON US, WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ASKED FOR OUR MASTERS OR OUR PHD AND SO ON. I AM NOT SAYING THAT ASPIRING FOR SUCH IS WRONG BUT I AM SAYING THAT ITS JUST NOT A PATH THAT I WANT TO GO DOWN, ONLY GOD KNOWS THE DAY WHEN MY PARENTS WILL FINALLY ACCEPT THIS.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I AM IN CONSTANT PRAYER ABOUT THIS, I WOULD NOT MIND ANY SUGGESTIONS THOUGH.

THANKYOU.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 03:28 AM

Hi Zoe - this video brought me to tears. I know how many times I've been impatient with my mom over the years, and this really hits home. Hope it makes everyone think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y381DEn5Ku0

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 04:20 AM

"why do we treat the ones that we love the most, the closest to our heart like this? "

We expect more from the ones we love than we do others, and this is why we are harder on them. Not saying it is right, but that is my answer. It definately doesn't give us the right to be mean to them.

I for one catch myself doing this... I think we all do to some degree. I'm just glad God is a forgiving God.

Zoe this was a great question.. it has me thinking how I treat others to my own family. Life is short and before you know it your loved ones are gone. Love them while they are here.

~Lisa

View Profile
History

"why do we treat the ones that we love the most, the closest to our heart like this? "

We expect more from the ones we love than we do others, and this is why we are harder on them. Not saying it is right, but that is my answer. It definately doesn't give us the right to be mean to them.

I for one catch myself doing this... I think we all do to some degree. I'm just glad God is a forgiving God.

Zoe this was a great question.. it has me thinking how I treat others to my own family. Life is short and before you know it your loved ones are gone. Love them while they are here.

~Lisa

View Profile
History

~Lisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 07:21 AM

Amen! my sister

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 07:36 AM

UMMMM, SORRY , ZOE THANKS FOR PRAYING FOR ME, GOD BLESS.

Page : 1 2 3