Author Thread: Virginity question
Admin

Virginity question
Posted : 21 Nov, 2009 04:03 PM

What percentage of christians are virgins when they get married in your opinion?

Adam

View Profile
History
Virginity question
Posted : 21 Nov, 2009 05:16 PM

dear aspie, i aint got a clue.. but i do know how many it should be.. hehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Virginity question
Posted : 21 Nov, 2009 06:37 PM

Yeah thanks. I know it's not futile.

Adam

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Virginity question
Posted : 21 Nov, 2009 06:58 PM

First you would probably need to establish how many of them came to the Lord at a very young age, for a whole lot of people may even know about the Lord, but do not come to accept Him until much later.

Frankly, I think that study is a lot bigger than this site.

Unfortunately we run into a lot of people today that wear the Christian label but do not practice obedience in the Word, and like to say that such things are out dated in the Bible. People with a good solid walk that do practice obedience in the Word however, know that such a theory is clearly not true, and just another one of those deceptions that the devil uses to lead people astray. Devil misleads a lot of people by soft selling issues till they become legal and, in the minds of many, true.

Personally, I am not big into polls for they can be very misleading. The condition of any man's heart (or woman's heart) is between him and the Lord. I have seen a lot of Christians ask opinions of others when it comes to condoning premarital sex, especially on other forums on other sites. Like somehow they think if they get enough people to think its okay, it will be okay somehow when they stand before God because they had support for their selfish ways. That is where the argument gets really, really weak. I surely would not want a part in that argument. Rather arrogant to think there is anyone among us that could convince an unchanging God of anything we might think we know better on.....hmmm, sounds a little like a story I heard once about a tree in a garden called Eden. That argument didn't hold up so well either.

I don't know that your question can really be answered my Friend. I think all we can do is look for the heart that walks with Christ, and pray about it. I think purity is important for a Christian, whether they are a virgin or not, no matter where they are in their walk with Him, purity matters and is something we all struggle with, all need to pray about, and all need to practice, whether we are single, divorced or married, for to be close with the Lord, our relationships with others should also be right.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Virginity question
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 12:21 AM

Cattle... I couldn't help but chuckle on that one... :laugh:

View Profile
History
Virginity question
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 12:32 PM

This is a question that should be handled very diplomaticly.Ole' cattle was funny in his answer.It got me to smile.You can tell by how some people respnod and others will avoid the issue at hand.

I am single again, my marraige failed.I will not share myself with anyone but my future wife after marriage,ok.Dennis

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Virginity question
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 01:06 PM

Oh, was this an official poll??? Ooops, my bad:excited: I too am divorced and will remain that way until my wedding night when I make love to my husband, for I do believe that day will come, and until then, the Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want for His blessings shall be enough until His abundance comes to me in its due season.

I wish I could say it had always been this way, but I really didn't fully understand the importance of obedience in the Word when I first came to the Lord, and met other Christian men that evidently did not understand this either, and I fell to that "flesh is weak" line they like to use.

But when you learn better, you come to know better, so now its God's way or the highway, for to my Lord, I am worth far more than any man that would devalue me in such a manner. Nor will I be responsible for slinging dirt on the soul of one of God's children. For would we really do it if we thought for a minute that person would be doused in gasoline and be set on fire for it?

Truly is amazing how God keeps giving us so many chances until we get it right. For His patience alone, we should be eternally grateful.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Virginity question
Posted : 24 Nov, 2009 07:37 AM

Speaking of virgins. The koran is not clear on whether the 72 virgins are female. This could be a problem?

Peace

View Profile
History
Virginity question
Posted : 24 Nov, 2009 10:09 AM

The problem with the Muslim way is that while 73 Virgins may seem appealing,....they forget that with 73 Virgins comes 73 Mother-In-Laws so where they receive those Virgins is obviously not Heaven. lol

Blessings!

Walter

View Profile
History
Virginity question
Posted : 24 Nov, 2009 10:37 AM

Adam,

The last statistic I heard regarding the average age of when someone looses their virginity is age... Ready for this.... 13. A sad commentary of America.

Among Christians I would "HOPE" that statistic would be far less.

Many people come to the Lord after they have long lost their virginity and once it is lost it cannot be regained. While we become "New Creatures" in Christ after Salvation it does not alter our Virginity or lack thereof status. This "Spiritual Virginity" concept that I hear about is not in Scripture. If it exists I sure would like to see it.

All that matters is that we understand that because of the Blood of Christ, our sins are forgiven and we are washed clean and we should never look at a fellow Christian who has lost/forfeited their virginity as anything less than clean or somehow less of a person.

I also want to encourage any of the younger crowd reading this in that you should not give your virginity away even if you love that person you are dating. Wait until marriage and do not give in to peer pressure or what the Pagan world promotes. If someone you are dating presses you to commit any sexual act, then you run from that person because they do not have your best interests in mind and they do not fear God enough. If they have no conviction on this issue then they are either not discipled well or they may not be truly saved.

Blessings!

In Christ Jesus,

Walter

<

James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. NKJV

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Virginity question
Posted : 24 Nov, 2009 11:18 AM

Never thought about the Mother in Law thing Walter, that's funny, but I have wondered what on earth any man would do with that many wives for anytime you put numerous women together under one roof, there is going to be a whole lot of PMS, bickering, and jealousy. Honestly men, how many times can you stand to hear, "Do I look fat in these jeans?", "I always knew you liked her better than me!" and "what do you mean that's not how your Mom does it?"

Totally agree, that doesn't sound like Heaven! lol

Tarasye

Page : 1 2