Author Thread: Once Saved
Deborahe

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 07:46 AM

Once Saved; Always Saved. Do you believe it ?

What are your views ? :angel:

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 30 Oct, 2008 05:38 AM

If you gave your life to Jesus, then you are eternally

saved and will always be. To say otherwise, would be like

taking the cross, death, and life of Christ in vain. What He

did stands the test of time...no question about that, and because of Him and who He is our salvation as Christians

is secure.

It's the work of the devil if you doubt your eternal security. He wants you to be an insecure mess to miss out on God's

purpose and will for you life. The less effective you can be in your service to God, the happier that little coward will be.

Every day to wake and know that your soul is saved by

the Grace and Power of Jesus Christ is one of the single

most empowering truth's we have as Christians. Don't

throw that out the window. That will help grow your confidence and faith.

Don't confuse the issue of eternal grace vs. the daily grace and manna we need. Granted, both come from the same source, but never doubt your salvation once you become born-again.

John 3:3 says that to enter God's Kingdom you must become

born-again. Have you done that? Have you received Christ as your Lord and Saviour in faith, by prayer? Then you are eternally saved.! Move forward each day in faith to foucs on how you can be an effective witness and servant to Christ.

Don't waste time on what you already know to be true. Move out of your infancy into maturity.

Will

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 09:02 PM

I believe that once a person accepts Christ as his personal savior, that he is once saved, always saved. Ephesians 2:8 & 9 tells us, "For by grace are ye saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast." This verse shows us that Salvation is all of God. It is a gift. Salvation would not truly be a gift if it came with strings attached. Works would be involved in salvation if you could lose it. The Bible clearly states that works are not involved. If there was just one sin that if I committed, I would lose my salvation, than I have worked to earn my salvation and would have wherewithal to boast. If God said, "Here is a gift of salvation, but I will take it back of you commit this sin," than it is not truly a gift. These are just some of the reasons why I believe in once saved, always saved.

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 10:19 PM

Charles Spurgeon, the Prince Of Preachers, describes this best.

He says the confusion lies on what he calls a sham conversion. When people fool everyone, even themselves into believing they are saved. The Bible sets the standards for salvation, one of which is believing in your heart that Jesus was raised from the dead. There are 2 people in this world that you can't lie to, yourself, and God. All those scriptures that you all are using to disprove once saved-always saved, are being taken out of context.

In the Epistles, they are telling you to check yourself to see if the Spirit is living in you. All these things that you are quoting are for your own knowledge. It is for you to test yourself, no Spirit, no salvation. Paul even lists some of the things that you will b doing differently of the Spirit is living in you.

If you are having to make yourself do these things, you might as well not do them at all. The Spirit will change you from the inside out. Forcing yourself to display the fruits is fruitless. That is nothing more than a watered down version of legalism. YOU can not earn salvation, quit trying and start examining yourself. Ephesians tells us that we are sealed with the Spirit until we go to heaven. Make sure you have that seal, and you are set. Nothing can take you from His hand.

Love and grace,

Leon

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 18 Mar, 2009 05:49 PM

I agree. The Bible says that Salvation is a gift, So, How can a gift be given back?? Dermassage

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 08:58 PM

Jesus speaks many times to us and repeats the same warning....never once does he say once saved always saved...endure till the end. Is not once saved always saved. The evil one can steal even what you might think is yours....what. Foolish thought is faith without works....we do not know the day or the hour....I know who comes first...it is not the true Christ..FIGS WILL BE HARVESTED OUT OF SEASON...IT IS WRITTEN...ONE WILL BE LEFT...ONE WILL BE TAKEN....TAKEN BY THE THIEF....READ EZEKIEL 13....don't fly away...read 2nd thessalonians ch 2....can you fly away before he is revealed?....do you understand the prophecy daniel 9-12....1st Thessalonians 4:17 is the answer to 1st thessalonians 4:13....do you do your own study....unbelievable lazy Christians....there will be weeping and a knashing of teeth.....the weeping just realized they trusted the false teachers....EVE DIDN'T EAT NO FRUIT ON A TREE...SHE HAD SATANS CHILD...DO YOU KNOW WHAT BEGUILLED MEANS....GET ONLY THE ORIGINAL STRONGS CONCORDANCE....DO YOUR WORKS!

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 01:03 PM

My comments is not one of yea or nay. But rather, one of frustration for people that blame others for their disobedience to Christ! I dont believe that an open discussion should drive anyone away. Individuals who chose to read this, are accepted for whatever opinion they hold to be truth. It is merely a conversation between people, if you will. I spent most of my youth turned away from God and blaming the abuse I suffered from others and how "those christians" act. I am heartbroken over how the world supported this view and I surfed on that wave of pity for years. However, God continued to pull me and I will say that I am saved and serving God. First, though, I had to stop blaming everyone else because I did not want to walk in obedience. I say this in love, as it took a great deal of patience and reading God's word to understand that as long as my eyes are on Him, my mind in His word, and my Heart is His....I am never tempted to stray by what other people say or do. I love the encouragement ya'll give each other, here. And, barring all the studying I have before me, will probably venture into these formats again! Blessings, Tammy

Forgiven4ever

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 09:52 PM

My question is why are Christians hung up about trying to prove each side? What are we rally doing when we try to prove this? I mean it is good to exam our salvation if one is wondering if they really are saved.

The enemy puts so much fear, confusion and condemnation on people. Is this so we walk away from Christ altogether? Is it to keep us from being used by Him? From growing?

The Word tells us we have that assurance. And yes no one can separate us from the Love of God. No one can pluck us out of His hand. But can we choose to walk away?

All I know is that if I am living and abiding in Christ I do not need to worry. And to tell you the truth I don't know myself.

But what does it say? "THE WORD OF GOD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"-that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness and with the mouth he confesses resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says; "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." for there is no distinction between Jew and Greek for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call upon Him; for "WHOEVER WILL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE Lord WILL BE SAVED," Romans 10: 8-13

I do know this that if you are one that feels you are not saved or that you lost your salvation. Fear not! You can pray right now, and ask the Lord into your heart and life. Trust Him with all your heart and let Him be Lord. That is what it is to believe to trust Him with all you have. In the scripture below it does not mean just to acknowledge there is a God, or that Christ died for you. But to trust Him with your life. The demons believe and tremble.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have ever lasting life. John 3:16

It is as simple as praying: Father I know I am a sinner. Forgive me. I believe you gave your Son, and that Jesus you died for me to be reconciled to the Father, and that I will have ever lasting life. So I ask Jesus that you would come into my life and be Lord and Savior make me new and righteous through your blood. Amen.

If you have said this prayer welcome to the family of God! It is not the prayer that saved you but calling out on the name of the Lord, and believing.

God Bless you all!

In His Love,

Cindy

Forgiven4ever

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 10:31 PM

Reads like I don't know about my salvation. Was explaining that I do not know if it is once saved always saved.

God Bless Saints!

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 30 Oct, 2009 12:42 PM

Ten Virgins ....Each Carries A Lamp...its an old style lamp....one in which LIGHTS THE PATH UNTO YOUR FEET"..."TO USE THIS LIGHT"...TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING...PERHAPS EVEN WHICH PATH YOU ARE ON....THE WIDE ONE THAT MANY ARE ON THAT LEADS TO DESTRUCTION.....OR THE NARROW PATH THAT FEW ARE ON THAT LEADS TO ETERNAL LIFE...OK THIS LAMP DOESN'T GIVE LIGHT....UNTIL YOU CHRISTIAN....LIGHT THE WICK...IF YOU CAN LIGHT THE WICK....YOU GOT LIGHT...AT LEAST AS LONG AS THE WICK REMAINS LIT...OIL IN GODS WORD REPRESENTS THE FUEL THE WICK BURNS TO STAY LIT...GOT FUEL?...GOT LIGHT...RUN OUT OF FUEL...AINT GOT NO LIGHT...DARKNESS CAN ONLY FELLOWSHIP WITH DARKNESS....IN THE DARK...WHERE IS NO LIGHT...FIVE VIRGINS HAD ENOUGH OIL...LOTSOFLIGHT...FIVE VIRGINS ....WHO HAD LIGHT ....RAN OUT OF FUEL CHRISTIAN...ONCE ENOUGH LIGHT....TO NOT ENOUGH FUEL FOR LIGHT...VIRGINS HERE REPRESENT SPIRITUAL FIDELITY...NOT A PHYSICAL ACT...ALL TEN HAVE SPIRITUAL FIDELITY...FIVE VIRGINS PREPARED THEMSELVES FOR "THE WALK"...NOT THE TALK...THEY DID THINGS THAT KEPT THEIR LAMP FULL...THIS FUEL...OR OIL IN THE LAMP...THAT KEEPS THE WICK BURNUNG....THAT GIVES LIGHT UNTO YOUR FEET...SO YOUR FEET DON'T STEP WHERE THEY SHOULD NEVER GO...COULD ONLY COME FROM ONE SOURCE...THE FIVE FOOLS TRIED TO GET OIL FROM THOSE WHO PREPARED...FOR EVERY SINGLE THING THEIR SOURCE OF LIGHT SAID AND WARNED THEM ABOUT...LIKE FALSE TEACHERS....AND FALSE DOCTRINE...EVEN ENTITIES WITHOUT A BIRTH CERTIFICATE...FIVE SPENT THEIR LIFE PREPARING....FIVE DID NOT...MOST CHRISTIANS TODAY BELIEVE THAT SAVED MEANS ..."SAVED FROM THE TRIBULATION" ..."OH FOOLISH GALATIAN ...WHO HATH BEWITCHED YOU"...Some may say the five fools were never saved....but who are they that teach Gods Children To Fly Away...SAVED FROM THE GREAT TRIBULATION....OR SAVED FROM THE WRATH OF GOD...OH FOOLISH GALATIAN...WHO HATH BEWITCHED YOU...SECRET RAPTURE..IS FALSE DOCTRINE..I KNOW FIVE PREPARED VIRGINS READ AND UNDERSTOOD EZEKIEL CHAPTER 13 ...Five Virgins Will Be Refused Entry Into Heaven...THE MASTER SAID.."I NEVER KNEW YOU"...I bet once saved always saved are prepared for nothing...they just fly away...You were ordered to come out of that FALSE TEACHING CHURCH CHRISTIAN...OR HAVEN'T YOU PREPARED YOURSELF EVEN TO HAVE READ THAT...JESUS SAID IT..

nightfarmer

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 8 Jun, 2011 07:18 PM

something to think about,,,,satan was a angel he didnt stay that way.....

i think we can also turn from GOD (free will )

as GOD also sent many trials to his people trying to get them to turn back to him,,,but but many still wouldnt and it sadened the lord

Page : 1 2 3 4