Author Thread: Is the Blood of Jesus a License to sin?
elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Is the Blood of Jesus a License to sin?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2011 04:13 PM

Being savedis not accomplished by reciting a few special words. We do not say a magic phrase and become saved. We do not merely say, "Jesus please forgive me" and suddenly all of oursins are automatically wiped away simply because we uttered a special sentence. Itisn't a formula for salvation or an incantation that somehow cleanses us and then permits usto go out andsin. The Bible says, "What shall we say then? Are weto continue insin that grace might increase? May it never be! How shall we who diedto sin still live in it?" (Rom. 6:1-2).1 Unfortunately, there are those who accuse Christians of having alicense to sin. To this, the Bible says, "And why not say (as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say), 'Let us do evil that good may come?' Their condemnationis just," (Rom. 3:8). Notice that Paul says that those who accuse the Christians of doing evil are being slanderous.

On the contrary, salvationis an appealto God for cleansing fromsin, forgiveness, and repentance so that we might notsin. This appealis a heartfelt confession of our hopelessness before God and an acceptance ofJesus'sacrifice on our behalf. Itis simultaneous withsincere repentance whichis a turning fromsin, notto it.

To receiveJesus in our hearts means we have first acknowledged that we aresinners and that we are incapable of saving ourselves or of appeasing God in any way. We acknowledge before God that we are helpless and worthy of damnation. But with this, we also acknowledge thatJesusis the one who paid the penalty for oursins. We realize that thereis no possible way that we can make things right with God by our own works. When we acceptJesus as our Savior we are accepting the callto repentance fromsin. God then calls us His children: "But as many as received Him,to them He gave the rightto become children of God, evento those who believe in His name," (John 1:12).

New Creatures

Furthermore, when we receive Christ, we are regenerated; we are changed; we are born again. This means that thereis something different about us. Something has happenedto us. This is whyJesus said, "Truly, truly, I sayto you, unless oneis born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God," (John 3:3). To be born again means that something new has happened in us. This "something"is the change in us thatis the result of regeneration. "Therefore if any manis in Christ, heis a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come," (2 Cor. 5:17). The old things were thesinful passions and desires. Our enslavementto themis broken when we are born again. Furthermore, once we are born again, we are no longer our own and we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit who convicts us of oursins, "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerningsin, and righteousness, and judgment," (John 16:8). This conviction ofsins occurs in the believer andis a method that the Lord usesto help us stopsinning. We are not saved so that we are freeto go out and do that whichis wrong. We are saved so that we might bring gloryto God and demonstrate the work of regeneration in us as we turned from oursinful ways. This is why it says in Rom. 6:1-2, "What shall we say then? Are weto continue insin that grace might increase? 2May it never be! How shall we who diedto sin still live in it?" And also, "What then? Shall wesin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!" (Rom. 6:15). And again, "Whatever you do, do allto the glory of God," (1 Cor. 10:31). How can we bring gloryto God by going out andsinning? We cannot. In fact, anyone who says that heis a Christian and then continues in his sins without seeking repentance and without convictionis a liar. The Bible clearly states, "The one who says, 'I have cometo know Him,'� and does not keep His commandments,is a liar, and the truthis not in him; 5but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6the one who says he abides in Him ought himselfto walk in the same manner as He walked," (1 John 2:4-6).

The Bible says thatJesus bore oursins in his body on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24) and that salvationis a free gift we receive by faith (Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8-9). When we acceptJesus, we are accepting thesacrifice ofJesus for oursins, by faith. We are trustingJesus alone for salvation. When we do this, the Holy Spirit lives in us.Since the Holy Spirit convicts ofsin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8) we then seekto please God and avoidsin. Itis a natural result of being saved.

No, acceptingJesus does not mean that we can then go out andsin. It means we have turned fromsin and we are new creatures who desireto bring gloryto God and not use the grace of Godto sin.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2011 07:44 PM

Being justified (made right) through faith in Jesus, we can consider ourselves "to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:11

mcubed

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 03:55 PM

Being saved is not accomplished by reciting a few special words. We do not say a magic phrase and become saved. We do not merely say, "Jesus please forgives me" and suddenly all of our sins are automatically wiped away simply because we uttered a special sentence. It isn�t a formula for salvation or an incantation that somehow cleanses us and then permits usto go out andsin. The Bible says, "What shall we say then? Are weto continue insin that grace might increase? May it never be! How shall we who diedto sin still live in it?" (Rom. 6:1-2).1 Unfortunately, there are those who accuse Christians of having alicense to sin. To this, the Bible says, "And why not say (as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say), 'Let us do evil that good may come?' Their condemnationis just," (Rom. 3:8). Notice that Paul says that those who accuse the Christians of doing evil are being slanderous.

you wrote being saved is not accomplished by reciting a few special words. We do not say a magic phrase and become saved. We do not merely say, "Jesus please forgives me" and suddenly all of our sins are automatically wiped away simply because we uttered a special sentence. It isn�t a formula for salvation or an incantation that somehow cleanses us and then permits us to go out and sin. The Bible says, "What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace might increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?" (Rom. 6:1-2).1 Unfortunately, there are those who accuse Christians of having alicense to sin. To this, the Bible says, "And why not say (as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say), 'Let us do evil that good may come?' Their condemnationis just," (Rom. 3:8). Notice that Paul says that those who accuse the Christians of doing evil are being slanderous.

Number one any "Christian" that keeps a Jew from being saved does evil... but guesses what G-d loves them and they will ALL make Jews jealous... (Don�t know how but G-d's Word says so, so I believe it...)

Number two ... His word says confess with thy mouth and believe in thy heart that Messiah is Lord will be saved�. don't leave out scripture. (however, Messiah is much more than two scriptures from Romans but since people only quote one or two scriptures to make a Theological point� you get the sarcasm�)

Number three... Vey few "Christians" that I know live by Torah... go to church you will be served pig and shrimp at any church gathering where food is served.... but they will all go to heaven just like any one who calls upon the name of the Lord...Y-eshua... and believes in their heart they are saved...

I may not like the rules of salvation but that is why I am not G-d... nor you...

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 04:36 PM

In this life,this side of Glory,man is not perfect.

Man still has a fallen nature.

A believer in Yehsua has both the nature of Yeshua,and his old nature.

When does the old nature of man change,'NEVER'.

This is the reason for the new creation,in which the old nature of man will be completely destroyed,man will have his Brand spanking new 'SINLESS BODY'.

The believers will also be living within the COMPLETELY SINLESS NATURE' of Yeshua,without any desires for anything of the flesh,seeing that the flesh,and it's desires had been destroyed.

Until then every believer has this life,and everything associated with this life to be dealing with.

Yes,though i sin,i confess my sin(s) daily,and yes ABBA gives to me His Kindness leading me unto repentance.

Shalom and Chesed

The Gardner

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 10:14 PM

is tha like the catholics being absolved of continuios willfull sin? george the nature of man does not change but it decreases as Christ increases in us! Really? you dont have to si all the time! I have sin yes but not willfull sin! I dont live in it, if I know its sin I turn away and he gives me strngth not to , its not hard to not sin if you are truly born again he gives us the power from on high and that is real power to over come sin