Author Thread: Why It Matters What You Believe!
Admin

Why It Matters What You Believe!
Posted : 25 Jun, 2008 10:30 PM

Here is something a close friend of mine wrote which is on his web site. Please carefully consider his words of which I whole heartedly agree with.

Love in Christ,

Walter

WHY IT MATTERS WHAT YOU BELIEVE

In contemporary western Christianity, post-tribbers are looked upon with pity and suspicion. Some think we have a "martyr complex." Others think we are just troublemakers, wanting to rock the boat. Post-tribulationism just doesn't seem to fit in with the prosperous lifestyles of contemporary western Christianity. The lack of real persecution and hardship has led many to assume that this is the normal Christian life. But, according to Scripture, persecution, tribulation, and hardship, is the real "normal" Christian experience. The comfort western Christians have enjoyed for the last few generations is an anomaly that will soon come to an end. The theological "comfort zones" we have constructed around this anomaly are about to come crashing down.

For those who are honestly considering the various views of the rapture timing, and are open to God's leading regarding this issue, there is plenty of opposition ahead for you. The "rapture question" has been a hot potato issue in the recent past. In some cases, splitting churches. Christians who have abandoned the pre-trib view and been the least bit vocal about it have often found themselves being offered the "right foot of fellowship." Many pastors who have abandoned pre-trib have lost their churches, and missionaries have been abandoned by their mission boards and supporting churches because of their switch to the post-trib view. So, if you have no tolerance for hardship, you had better stop here. If you've got the guts to face the truth head on no matter what it is, then please continue.

Some say it really doesn't matter if Jesus is coming before or after the tribulation, as long as we are "ready." They think we should all just agree to disagree, and love one another. But, "ready" is a relative term! It begs the question, "ready for what?" There is a huge difference between being ready to be gently whisked away to heaven on a pillow, and being ready to become a martyr at the hands of Antichrist! Is surface harmony worth the risk of huge numbers of believers being caught totally unprepared spiritually, emotionally, and physically? What about the "many" believers whom Jesus mentioned in Matt. 24:9-13 who would fall away when the deception and persecution of the last days arrives? If Jesus' coming is several decades away, then perhaps the rapture debate is not all that critical. But, if Jesus is coming soon as the signs seem to indicate, one's views on the timing of the rapture are crucial to being prepared to be an overcomer in the difficult days before His coming.

Knowledge of what lies ahead motivates people to prepare. A rookie soldier, who knows he is about to be shipped to the front lines in a brutal war, will have a much different attitude about basic training than a new recruit who joined up to get a free education and a pension! The soldier who is about to engage the enemy knows his training may mean the difference between life and death. He learns survival techniques; he gets physically fit; he learns his weapons inside and out; he makes sure his weapons are in good working order; through countless hours of practice he becomes a marksman. He also prepares himself mentally for combat and the possibility of being a POW. His objective is clear; he is fully equipped; and he is mentally focused on getting the job done and coming home in one piece! On the other hand, the new peace-time novice, with big ideas of a comfortable career, could have a ho-hum attitude about basic training. If he is unexpectedly thrust into a fierce battle, he will find himself woefully unprepared. While staring down the barrel of the enemy's rifle is not the time to be fumbling around for your weapon's instruction manual. He might just conclude that this is not what he signed up for!

If it really doesn't matter what we believe about the last days, why did God devote such a large portion of His Word to end-time prophecy? Is it just filler material? Is it for intellectual entertainment? The answer is really quite simple. Prophecy was intended to provide the kind of motivation needed to turn flabby pew-potatoes into Christian soldiers. This website is an introduction to "basic training" for Christians, alerting them of the coming trials we will soon face in time to prepare themselves and their families spiritually and emotionally, and perhaps even physically at the proper time. And don't kid yourselves about your own or your family's ability to easily digest the emotional implications. Without strong spiritual character first, Christians who live at relative ease in the western world often react badly to the idea that they may soon face the Antichrist, and all the venom that hell can dish out on God's children.

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2008 01:31 PM

ONLY GOD knows exactly when, what, where, how, and who

I believe to HOPE for a pre-tribulation rapture because it is consistant with GOD's merciful character when pouring out HIS judgement and wrath in the past (Noah, Lot. and even Ninevah) why would HE put HIS bride through it?

I, also, believe in the possibility of a post-Tribulation.

For me, being ready means prepared to meet GOD everyday. I call upon the name of the LORD, like when a car gets to close. In 1985, a man held a knife to my throat. I asked if he was going to kill me because I wanted to prepare myself for GOD. I am already dead but living for CHRIST. Martyredom wouldn't be as much of a problem. My weakness is the potential suffering of my children.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2008 04:41 PM

Wow, I say preach it like it is. We have been lullabyed way too much. God's people need to wake up. We are living in the last days and I shutter to think what Obama will actually be if or when he gets in office. I am reminded of the 10 virgins. 5 wise and 5 foolish. You sound like a man that knows his Bible and has studied some prophecy. Keep up the good work. So, what is your calling?

Cheryl

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2008 07:15 PM

Cheryl,

Hi there, welcome!

Sorry to say, I haven't seen a post from Walter for a couple of days. So, I thought I might acknowledge and comment your imput. This was a third thread of 2 others (pre-trib rapture, a false teaching and the day of the Lord)

YES and Amen to the 10 Virgins on this one. I refered to it on June 25, at 9:0? Hoping to be continuously ready with my lamp filled!

In light of the times (including weather and earth activities), the election season has caused me great concern. I didn't feel like I did in 2000. In fact, it was the first election I didn't participate in because I didn't like any of the candidate. Hillary and Obama particularly concerned me. Based on the history of Israel, and the book of Isaiah speaks about when women rules a nation is under judgement (scary). Then, I see the sudden rise of Obama and the charismatic unquestioning popularity with no substitive foundation. There are people who have compared him to Jesus or the Christ. Not his fault but still (scary). Because of my concerns about him; I was prefering her? Mc Cain is a bit old, so, I am wondering about his running mate?

GOD"S will be done!

:applause::yay::dancingp::peace::applause:

Revelation 22

The River of Life

1 And he showed me a pure[a] river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

The Time Is Near

6 Then he said to me, �These words are faithful and true.� And the Lord God of the holy[b] prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place.

7 �Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.�

8 Now I, John, saw and heard[c] these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.

9 Then he said to me, �See that you do not do that. For[d] I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.� 10 And he said to me, �Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand. 11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous[e] still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.�

Jesus Testifies to the Churches

12 �And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.�[f]

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments,[g] that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But[h] outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

16 �I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.�

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, �Come!� And let him who hears say, �Come!� And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

A Warning

18 For[i] I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add[j] to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away[k] his part from the Book[l] of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I Am Coming Quickly

20 He who testifies to these things says, �Surely I am coming quickly.�

Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.[m] Amen.

:applause::yay::dancingp::peace::applause:

In Christ,

Susan

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 07:18 PM

Well, you can't get much plainer than that. So, the question is: Are we ready?

It not - there is still time to seek Him and ask for his forgiveness.

Cher

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 08:11 PM

You know Susan, I just had a thought or I should say a nudge from the Spirit- we as Christians have to be careful not to get our eyes off of the Lord. Satan will use anything, including scripture, to keep us torn up, scared, or confused just to keep us preoccupied so he can slip in when we least expect. As you have already said, God is not the author of confusion and He gives us that peace that passes all understanding. We must keep our eyes on Him and not struggle with his Word. He will reveal it to us as we are ready to understand. I believe that all of us will miss the mark in some form or fashion when it comes to scripture. We will one day know the truth. Keep those lamps filled, keep the eyes on the Lord and let Him do His work. Rev. clearly states that there were problems in every church. Some were lukewarm, some were complacent, some had wealth, and so on � but what amazes me � we are NOT HEARING God�s Word. We read it, we hear it from the pulpit, and some of us teach it but we are still not hearing what the scriptures are saying. If we don�t like what the pastor is preaching or the teacher is teaching we either get rid of them or leave to go to a church that will tell us what we want to hear! God is not in that! Revelation 3:11 says: �I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.� Then in vs. 17 He says: �You say, I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing. But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. Vs. 20 Hear I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.� If we make it to heaven � you can believe that we are going to be tried and refined. Let�s keep our eyes on Jesus and not get distracted!!!

Cheryl