Author Thread: How we are seen and remembered
Admin

How we are seen and remembered
Posted : 5 Jul, 2008 11:03 AM

In life the wicked is like a fruitless thorn bush, he offers nothing to those around him and he wounds all that are close to him. In death the sinner leaves nothing behind but a dry jagged skeleton of a lifeless past. The inheritance he imparts is a wasteland of brambles and briars that will soon be put to the torch. For the only way to find life among the thorns is to burn them.

In life the righteous is like a mighty tree baring sweet fragrant fruit for the sun and all those who sleep under it. He nourishes all those around him with his wisdom and the shade of his sheltering branches revives many. In death the righteous leaves many seeds and in time a forest will stand where he once stood alone. Even in death a mighty tree stands and all others seek to reach his height.

Who will you be in this life, and what will you leave behind in death? Will you be the bramble despised or will you be the tree that inspires?

RightKnight

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2008 12:13 PM

Since accepting Christ as my Saviour, I strive, daily, to be

the tree that inspires the people God has placed in my life.

Love In Christ,

Deborah :angel:

Great post, RightKnight! Certainly a thought provoker!

ClimbCrew

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jul, 2008 03:30 PM

Not that its important, but it is true. The only thing that you can leave on this Earth that will stand for all time is your "Spiritual Legacy". If you stand on the Rock and build your house there and many come to Christ because of it, your name may never be remembered but the family of believers that springs from your fountain of faith will be a lasting testimate to the power of Christ in your life.