Author Thread
ClimbCrew

View Profile
How we are seen and remembered
Posted : 7 Jul, 2008 03:30 PM

Not that its important, but it is true. The only thing that you can leave on this Earth that will stand for all time is your "Spiritual Legacy". If you stand on the Rock and build your house there and many come to Christ because of it, your name may never be remembered but the family of believers that springs from your fountain of faith will be a lasting testimate to the power of Christ in your life.

ClimbCrew

View Profile
What does God know?
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 08:17 PM

I'm really going to have to beg to differ ever so slightly from you on this issue. But thats okay, its about our agreement in our salvation thats important :)

ClimbCrew

View Profile
"Many are called but few are chosen"
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 07:18 PM

Wow I cut myself off =p Read it and then post what you think about after you've done that :)

ClimbCrew

View Profile
"Many are called but few are chosen"
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 07:17 PM

I suggest you read Matt 7:7-28

ClimbCrew

View Profile
What does God know?
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 04:24 PM

Interesting. So you don't believe God can place shame on ones heart? What do you believe about conviction then? Can not sham be a tool of conviction?

ClimbCrew

View Profile
A sin most American Christians seem to ignore?
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 05:13 AM

I'm going to have to challange you on this one. I was a chemistry major for a long time and often have paid attention to biology (O-Chem was my specialty) and history of peoples. Before the mid 1850's you wont find a single society with a middle class with above recommended body mass. Most of the upper classes were at the high end of body mass. There is a clear conclusion that most scientist and medical professionals make about this - between the introduction of sugar (nasty nasty carbohydrate!), preprossesed food, and increased consumption of fatty foods our society has gotten bigger. It's strange you don't find "genetic" obessedy even 200 years ago. Don't forget that MOST of the genetic work being done now confirms that scientist now little if anything about many DNA markers. Just because "obesse" people tend to have a marker doesnt make it a positive correlation between the two. The fact is simple, if people lived glutten free lives, there would be virtually no one over weight. Americans need to stop making excuses for EVERYTHING we do. Its unbiblical and it makes us the biggest hypocrits... We claim to be the Nation Under God but we sure dont act like it.

ClimbCrew

View Profile
Don't give up
Posted : 5 Jul, 2008 09:55 PM

Paul has given me a great view from heaven and it is this... so take heart and remember it:

When we struggle and seem to fail, those are the times God most treasures. When else are we so close to Him? When are so reliant on Him? When do we cry out in the dead of night for Him? I would not be surprised if, from heaven, we look back on our lives and realize those are really the pearls of our lives... the times we had to totally surrender to the over powering and all mighty will of our Master, our Carpenter, our Lord.

ClimbCrew

View Profile
I am struggling with my faith...
Posted : 5 Jul, 2008 07:36 PM

Should you read this brother take heart. I'm concerned that you say you have never "felt" the love of Christ before. Let me say this to you... faith and our relationship with God is not about feelings. Yes, some people are gifted with the "feeling" of Gods presence (I have experienced this before and you can email me if you want to talk about it) but thats not what we are asked to do nor is it what God promised us. He wants you to Love Him. But that Love isnt an emoition... thats what modern society wants you to believe! Its only the last 50 years that we have become about an "emotional" connection with God and we have now allowed our emotions to run us! Look whats happened to the Church and men like us because of it! No, what God said by Love Him is this - Trust and obey! Do as He asks of you! Read your bible, obey His word, turn your life over completly to His son! Even when you don't feel like it... thats what real Love is! SACRAFICE! I suggest everyone here read the introduction to The Five Love Languages to get a better sense of what I'm talking about. Love is an OPTION not an EMOTION. If you do this, God promises never to leave you! He will always be with you, never making plans to harm you, but only for your betterment! Brother, I suggest you find a good church with a good pastor who will be glad to council you. We all need counciling but I worry especially for men like you. Reach out to me if you need someone to speak with!

Alex

ClimbCrew

View Profile
When He was asked, He told us His name. Why don't we call Him by His name?
Posted : 5 Jul, 2008 07:09 PM

He did indeed say He Was. But remember what He was refering to... He IS the beginging and the end. He IS the alpha and the omega. He IS the God above all gods. He IS the maker of all creation. But even Christ refered to God as Father, Lord, and God. If the Son of God called Him these things... I'm pretty sure we can as well :)

ClimbCrew

View Profile
Women in the Church
Posted : 5 Jul, 2008 07:05 PM

It's good to hear sisters speak like this. I often get ridiculed or shot down when I call out Joyce Meyers. If your a biblical literalist, as I am, you have to almost call herasy! God made man and woman different and opposite so we could balance each other out.

The big issue with the US is that we have taken the sexual revolution and femanist movement beyond its bounds. Neither has a place in the Church of Christ. Woman are by nature the best nurturers of children, best balance to men, and are the best at being submissive. Thats why God put you where you are! Think if men had to swallow all their pride! =p We'd never get anything done, we'd spend all our time on just that!

If we are to take the bible as the Word of God, and you have to in order to be a Christian, than you can not in all conciousness disobey the command of the bible. Thus, men should teach while woman follow. I pray that one day, woman like Joyce Meyers, will pick up the bible and go back to being literalists... nothing born of sin like that is glorifying God... in fact, her leading the flock into sin will bear a terrible punishment for her in the afterlife :(

Page : 1 2 3