Author Thread: Faith! Are You Living the Life?
Admin

Faith! Are You Living the Life?
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 03:42 PM

Have you ever stopped and asked yourself these questions? Truthfully now, Are You Living the Life? What does it mean to be in Christ? Too many of us call ourselves Christians while we continue to rob and cheat one another. We lie to one another; face to face and especially behind the back. We seem to appear to be totally dysfunctional in every kind of relationship that requires trust, honesty, and transparency.

How I long to fellowship with people whose words are indistinguishable from the lives they live day after day. It is refreshing to meet and know people that if they don't like something you've done or said, they speak the truth in love and say it to your face. If something appears black to them, then they will call it black. If it's blue, they will tell you it's blue. Brothers and Sisters in Christ, it is time to stop playing games. Be a Man! Be a Woman!

It is my earnest prayer that if your life does not already show evidence of a dynamic faith in Christ and his word, by the end of this post it surely will. Hopefully this post will inspire you to take God at his word. To accept those promises that belong to his children, and to experience the joy of trusting fully in him. Only when we have won through and seen the deliverance and the saving grace of God day by day can we say with any meaning that the promises of God are �yes and amen.� God's promises cannot bear fruit or be fulfilled in our life simply by virtue. Each day presents new challenges, new difficulties, and new temptations. Each must be met with a firm resolve, resolute conviction, and unshakable faith.

Jesus said. �Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith in the earth?� Living the Life of faith is a term that is often misunderstood, even amongst Christians. Some think that it refers to some sort of special calling, something that is usually reserved for missionaries or full time Christian workers. Some think that it means having no visible means of support. Some think it means being supported by the generosity of others, some look at it as a much longed for alternative to a boring day job. All these views share a common theme. They are all inaccurate.

The fact is, all of God's children are called to live by faith, regardless of their occupation, financial status or circumstances. The Scriptures do not say that the poor shall live by faith, or that specially anointed ministers of the gospel, or overseas missionaries should live by faith. The Bible says that �the just shall live by faith.� Hab 2:4 All those who have trusted Christ for their salvation have received justification by faith, therefore they are numbered among �the just.� So who should live by faith? Everybody.

Too many of us only see heaven as the goal and making a decision for Jesus as the means. While it is true that Jesus spoke of the eternal kingdom and the life hereafter, most of his teachings was about living a life of faith in the here and now. He did not merely say that he had come to get us to heaven, he said, �I have come that you might have life, and have it more abundantly.� And a confession of faith in Christ as Lord and Saviour at some stage in the distant past is a positive step, but it is only the beginning. Why? God wants and deserves more than an acknowledgment from us that Jesus has risen from the dead and is the Saviour of the world. He wants an ongoing relationship, he wants his people to live their whole lives by faith. Paul said: �....the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.� He is not talking about an event but a continuous relationship. Each day presents new challenges, new difficulties, and new temptations. Each must be met with a firm resolve, resolute conviction, and unshakable faith.

Something that goes hand in hand with faith is fruit, but God's promises cannot bear fruit or be fulfilled in our life simply by virtue alone. A faithful Christian is a fruitful Christian, and there is no such thing as time or a season for Christians to bear fruit. Fruitfulness should be a constant activity. Growth should always be in evidence. This is why Paul encouraged Timothy to be urgent in season and out of season. �Don't grow weary in well doing, don't give up, don't stop shining your light, but press on towards the mark, keep reaching for the goal, because you haven't made it yet.� While we sit back and do nothing, those who have yet to see the light remain in darkness and may well do so for all eternity.

Every one of us has needs of one kind or another. Many of those needs can never be met by natural means. Some of them need a supernatural answer. Perhaps we need a healing in our body, but the doctors can't provide a cure. Jesus is the healer, but he does not heal us automatically. He responds to faith. Perhaps we need a miracle to save our marriage or some other valuable relationship. Maybe we need a miracle in our finances. Hope cannot provide the answer. Believing that God can will not necessarily produce the result we long for. We need something much more powerful than hope, we need faith to live by.

What is Faith? Faith is not what some people think it is. Their human dream is a delusion. Because they observe that faith is not followed by good works or a better life, they fall into error, even though they speak and hear much about faith. ``Faith is not enough,'' they say, ``You must do good works, you must be pious to be saved.'' They think that, when you hear the gospel, you start working, creating by your own strength a thankful heart which says, ``I believe.'' That is what they think true faith is. But, because this is a human idea, a dream, the heart never learns anything from it, so it does nothing and reform doesn't come from this either. Maybe this explains why there is only one definition of faith in the entire Bible. �Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen� Why only this one? Because faith is best understood not by discussion, but by seeing genuine examples of it. When faith is employed, it does not require the abandonment of reason, nor is faith opposed to reason, it is simply that faith operates on a higher plane.

Now, lets see what faith is not. Faith is not wishful thinking: �The faith that would stop the mouths of loins should do more than hope they won't be eaten.� This is not to say that hope has no value to teach us to have faith instead of hope, rather that hope that is not in vain must have its basis in faith, and faith must be founded on something more solid than a whim or a fanciful idea. Faith is not the ability to believe in the unbelievable: Faith is not a matter of fantasy or make believe. It is based on fact, truth, and the word of God. Faith is not positive thinking: Faith's source is not in the human mind but of the spirit. Faith is not presumption: In the garden, Adam saw that Eve had eaten the fruit and was probably persuaded by the fact she had escaped the judgement of death, and if the fruit had not killed Eve, it probably would not kill him. He presumed that it was safe to eat, that it would not make a whole lot of difference to God. He probably even presumed that if he, his wife, and the serpent kept this matter between themselves, that God would never know. Faith is not imitation: When Paul says to imitate him it does not mean that we should attempt to perform the same miracles, preach in the same cities, or attempt to copy any of the acts of faith that were evident in his life or that of other's lives in the bible. People think that if they try to walk on water, that is faith; if we throw away our medication, cast aside our canes, crutches, or walking sticks that is faith. They are all misinformed. One of the reasons we get this wrong, is that we see few demonstrations of real faith, and when we do see it we tend to imitate the action rather than the faith that precipitated it.

Instead, faith is God's work in us, that changes us and gives new birth from God. (John 1:13). It kills the Old Adam and makes us completely different people. It changes our hearts, our spirits, our thoughts and all our powers. It brings the Holy Spirit with it. Yes, it is a living, creative, active and powerful thing, this faith. Faith cannot help doing good works constantly. It doesn't stop to ask if good works ought to be done, but before anyone asks, it already has done them and continues to do them without ceasing. Anyone who does not do good works in this manner is an unbeliever. He stumbles around and looks for faith and good works, even though he does not know what faith or good works are. Yet he gossips and chatters about faith and good works with many words. Faith is a living, bold trust in God's grace, so certain of God's favor that it would risk death a thousand times trusting in it.

Such confidence and knowledge of God's grace makes you happy, joyful and bold in your relationship to God and all creatures. The Holy Spirit makes this happen through faith. Because of it, you freely, willingly and joyfully do good to everyone, serve everyone, suffer all kinds of things, love and praise the God who has shown you such grace. Thus, it is just as impossible to separate faith and works as it is to separate heat and light from fire! Therefore, watch out for your own false ideas and guard against good-for-nothing gossips, who think they're smart enough to define faith and works, but really are the greatest of fools. Ask God to work faith in you, or you will remain forever without faith, no matter what you wish, say or can do.

If we really are people of faith then we also are separated. That is what holiness is: Separation from the world unto God. Being separate means that we no longer belong to the world. We have a new Master. He has replaced the old ways with new ways, the old thought with new thoughts, the old values with new values. We no longer lie and cheat and deceive one another. We don't fiddle our income tax, we don't take stuff from anybody without permission, we don't walk into an exam with a bunch of hidden answers. Being separate means that we speak differently. We use our tongue to bless rather than curse, to encourage rather than belittle the efforts of others, to speak well of another rather than criticize or slander. Being separate means that we are no longer proud or haughty, but are prepared to take a sober view of ourselves, seeing others as better and treating them that way.

If people are to know the truth, if they desire to come to a true knowledge of God, if they want to have real faith, they must hear the word of God. In Jesus Name, Amen

:peace:

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 04:42 PM

Elixar4U,

That last article you posted was terrific. I became curious and needed to refresh my memory, so, I looked at your profile.

You know what jumped out at me?

Your occupation--Masonary

Which to me means wall building--I know it is a lot more than just that--keep following.

Nehemiah--re-establishing and fortifying the walls of Jeruselum--making it safe and inhabitable again for women and children.

As I read this in conjunction with your other writings, I thought another brick in the wall.

:yay:A commercial for "Habitat for humanity" just came on TV. Well, I feel confirmation on this one.:applause:

I just looked-up the name Nehemiah = "God's compassion".

:glow:All the miracles occurred because Jesus had compassion on them.:glow:

Keep it up; reproving; rebuking; instructing, encouraging, and exhorting the brethen while it is today; least the deceitfulness of sin continue to take hold.

Keep your hand on that Sword and a trumpeter close by while building back up the walls, too!

May the LORD bless you and send forth His servant's to assist and ministering spirits on your behalf.

:prayingf:

Susan

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 05:05 PM

I second that! Thanking the Lord for each of your posts!

elixier; may God continue to bless you abudantly with His

strength and anointing!

Love in Christ,

Deborah

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 05:25 PM

Back on topic: Here's some scripture

Ephesians 4 (New King James Version)

New King James Version (NKJV)

Copyright � 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

Ephesians 4

Walk in Unity

1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you[a] all.

Spiritual Gifts

7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ�s gift. 8 Therefore He says:

� When He ascended on high,

He led captivity captive,

And gave gifts to men.�[b]

9 (Now this, �He ascended��what does it mean but that He also first[c] descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head�Christ� 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

The New Man

17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of[d] the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

Do Not Grieve the Spirit

25 Therefore, putting away lying, � Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,�[e] for we are members of one another. 26 �Be angry, and do not sin�:[f] do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you."

:yay::applause::bow::yay::applause::bow:

Thanks be to God who has given us such a firm foundation, His WORD!

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 06:17 PM

NOT ENOUGH!!!

James 2:14-26 (New King James Version)

Faith Without Works Is Dead

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, �Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,� but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, �You have faith, and I have works.� Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe�and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, �Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.�[d]And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

BY FAITH

Hebrews 11 (New King James Version)

Hebrews 11

By Faith We Understand

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.

3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible....

BY FAITH... BY FAITH....BY FAITH...

6. But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him....

BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...BY FAITH...

Susan

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2008 07:50 AM

Oh, what a day! It is a wonderful thing to read and hear such wisdom and honesty! We are saved by the grace of the Lord, sanctified by fire and trials, and learn to dwell in peace by understanding that the God of Abraham is in CONTROL!

Too many that receive that grace and mercy have the idea that it is enough! That they may do as they wish, right or wrong, for after all, there is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1) But, they seem to forget that judgement begins in the house of the Lord. (1Peter 4:17) God will not be mocked! Salvation was bought at a high price. We are given it free! But, not to use it to our own ends. For our own wants. We are to be reflections of Christ, we are to be living epistles to be read of men! What others see in us, should bring them to a knowledge of Christ. Each of us get lonely, tierd, ill, we waver at times, we don't understand most of the time, and we need to bring to mind that if we fill our hearts with the Word of God, with the complete and utter submission to Him, that is the answer. It is not in another person, place, or thing. The lessons along the way to this revelation are sometimes hard and discouraging, for until we are humbled, completely and without any strength of our own left, we will never really know the freedom of the Lord. Until we stop seeking for our "happiness" in people, or relationship or our job, or things, we will never realize that we need to completely focus our thoughts on the One who is able to fill all the empty places in our hearts and lives. We are to love the unloveable, not just those who we find easy to love. Walking in the Word requires strength from He who is our creator, He who knows our each and every thought, and it is in HIM we will succeed!