Author Thread: Let Go, Let God
Admin

Let Go, Let God
Posted : 24 Jul, 2008 12:26 PM

Everyone of us may find in the words I am privileged to write what you most need now. If you will listen with your inner ear, see with your inner eye, feel with your innermost being, and let the doubting mind rest, you will find exactly what you most need for your development. Many have often spoken the words, "Let go, let God," Let us examine the true meaning of "Let go, let God" for there is a lot more to this saying than meets the eye, my friends.

Letting go obviously means letting go of the limited ego with its self will, its narrow understanding and its preconceptions. It means letting go of fears, distrust, misconceptions, and suspicion. But it also means letting go of the insistent attitude that says, in effect, "I can be happy only if so and so does thus and thus, or if life responds exactly as I determine." This often appears as not wanting to give up something precious that is, in itself, legitimate and that you should indeed have. Does letting go of the little ego's self will mean having to settle for unhappiness and unfulfillment? Is the striving for fulfillment that falls under the category of "letting go" wrong? These questions are important and we shall now deal with them.

If you are anxious, tense, or concerned about anything in your life, begin now to relax, let go, and let God from the center of your being, from your heart, from your innermost self where God speaks if you wish to listen fill your need. Before this highest, most blissful and secure state can exist, obstacles and dualistic confusions must always be removed to actually apply this great spiritual truth to your daily life. No matter what seems to be missing from your life�be it a much-loved person, a special place, an activity of great value, or a feeling of well-being�know that God is right now filling your need.

Take a deep breath. Release it slowly, and tell yourself quietly: �Let go. Let God� fill my need. Accept the reality that God�s wisdom is ever present and available, ready to fill you with new understanding, light, and life. Let God fill every void, every emptiness that seems to separate you from the desires of your heart. Let go! Let God fill your need! God�s light and substance and divine activity will move in and through you as you let go. God�s creative process is awaiting your acceptance of its productive, healing action. Let your thoughts be lifted up. Let the presence of God dissolve your fears and doubts and remove every unbelief. Let go and let God within you do the work. Begin now to relax from the strain and effort of questioning, planning, and reasoning. Take a few moments throughout the day to calm your thinking and place all your attention upon the words: Let go. Let God fill my need. Although it may sometimes seem we are separated from that which has been our greatest avenue of comfort, security, or supply, remember: God always fills our need. No matter how great the storm seems between you and the solution to your deepest desire, you can trust God. Tell yourself again and again, as often as you need to do so: Let go. Let God fill my need.

You�re on your own now! Mature �sons� and 'daughters' do not have to be told what to do like they did when they were bondmen! Let go your earthly, natural security and swim but �don�t swim with one foot on the bottom� . . .Ezekiel 47:5 states �Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to SWIM in, a river that could not be passed over.� By walking with Christ through many waters, as it were, He has trained us to hear His voice and to know His ways. His mind, the mind of Christ, is operative in you and you now know the way to go!

The limits of our confidence in our abilities, our decisions and our walk have now come to an end. Our natural thinking and accompanying walk is now �out of its depth�. Our feet are away from the earth . . no more mud stirring. . . we are being fully upheld by the living waters that have increased to become a river of life. At this point we cannot cross the river by walking and staying in touch with just a little �earth�. It is truly full surrender to His leading. The waters have surrounded us and now force us to swim. The struggle with its determined efforts is gone. When we swim (and I am thinking of the breaststroke), the head only is seen . . . this speaks of the Head of the Body � Christ . . . which in turn speaks of the mind of Christ which we have and as we allow His mind to be the source of our thoughts, then Jesus Christ is truly Lord in us and only then. When thus swimming, the current of this river of life will take you where it flows. This is called elsewhere �entering into His rest� where we have ceased from our own works as God did from His. . . which means don�t rely upon your own thinking. You have given up your will for His, haven�t you? Your will is now fully replaced by His will. . . �not my will be done, but Yours�.

Let God talk to your heart. When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left. The bible said that, they came out from us that it might be made manifest that they were not for us. For had they been of us, no doubt they would have continued with us. 1 John 2:19

People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay. Let them go. And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over. And you've got to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead. You've got to know when it's dead. You've got to know when it's over.

Let me tell you something. I've got the gift of good-bye. I believe in good-bye. It's not that I'm hateful, it's that I'm faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have He'll give it to me. And if it takes too much sweat I don't need it. Stop begging people to stay. Let them go!! If you are holding on to something that doesn't belong to you and was never intended for your life, then you need to ..LET IT GO!!! If you are holding on to past hurts and pains ...LET IT GO!!! If someone can't treat you right, love you back, and see your worth...LET IT GO!!! If someone has angered you ... LET IT GO!!! If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge .. LET IT GO!!! If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction ... LET IT GO!!! If you are holding on to a job that no longer meets your needs or talents ... LET IT GO!!! If you have a bad attitude...LET IT GO!!! If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better... LET IT GO!!! If you're stuck in the past and God is trying to take you to a new level in Him... LET IT GO!!! If you are struggling with the healing of a broken relationship....LET IT GO!!! If you keep trying to help someone who won't even try to help themselves...LET IT GO!!! If you're feeling depressed and stressed .... LET IT GO!!! If there is a particular situation that you are so used to handling yourself and God is saying "take your hands off of it," then you need to... LET IT GO!!! Let the past be the past. Forget the former things.

What is God telling you to LET Go? Stay blessed in the Lord.

:peace:

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Let Go, Let God
Posted : 24 Jul, 2008 03:43 PM

Will,

God Spoke to me, through this Post. Thank you, my friend. As I read the list of things to "Let it Go", I thought of (friends?) who have caused me pain; even tho' it caused me

stress; I've continued to try to help and love, no matter what. I will always Love; But I'm going to heed God's Voice and let them go ! After making this decision, I already feel like a load has been lifted from my shoulders.

God is so Good to us!

To God Be The Glory;

Deborah :angel:

View Profile
History
Let Go, Let God
Posted : 27 Jul, 2008 12:51 PM

GOD WARNS US TO SEPARATE OURSELVES FROM ANTHING THAT IS NOT OF HIM. GOD VERY CLEARLY TELLS US THAT SATAN COMES TO ROB, KILL AND DESTROY. THE WORDS OF GOD VERY CLEARLY TELL US THAT THERE ARE WEAPONS FORMED AGAINST US, TO DISTRACT US FROM HIM AND EVEN SEPARATE US FROM HIM. SATAN IS SATAN WITH A CLEAR PURPOSE IN WHICH HE HAS HAD MUCH EXPERIENCE AND HIS FALLEN ANGELS THAT FAITHFULLY FOLLOW HIS COMMAND. WHEN YOU CONTINUALLY GO INTO HIS CAMP IN THE NAME OF LOVE, WHERE IS GOD? GOD WILL NOT BE IN THE PRESENCE OF DARKNESS AND UNGODLINESS. THE ONLY FRUIT THAT CAN BE PRODUCED IS MORE DISTRACTION FROM GOD. WHEN ONE SUBJECTS ONESELF TO THE ENEMY CAMP FOR THE PURPOSE OF LOVE, WHERE IS THE PROTECTION FROM EVERY EVIL AND DANGEROUS THING THAT WOULD RISE UP AGAINST YOU. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD AND WILL NOT LOOK UPON SIN. DARKNESS AND LIGHT CAN NOT MERGE, BOND, OR BE IN UNITY. THERE IS NOT A PERSON, A PLACE, A THING OR A CIRCUMSTANCE THAT IS WORTH JEOPARDIZING MY RELATIONSHIP WITH THE MOST HIGH GOD. I WILL PROTECT IT AT ALL COST.