Author Thread: I am not a Christian
Admin

I am not a Christian
Posted : 29 Oct, 2010 04:28 PM

I am not a Christian. I am not a Protestant or a Catholic. I am not a Jew or a Gentile. I am not Messianic or Baptist, Presbyterian or Lutheran, Orthodox or Charismatic. I cannot be a Christian because I purposely choose not to choose a religion but rather I choose Faith. I am a man that walks this earth seeking Peace and Truth. I have chosen to follow a man who is a better man than I. . . a perfect man. . . who is a perfect story; a perfect man who lived a perfect life, died a perfect death and now is the Lord of a perfect Kingdom. I am not a man of fear because I am never under condemnation. I am not a man of pride because I have accomplished nothing on my own. Their are no words, books, weapons, or men that can harm me or kill me. I cannot be destroyed. I carry with me the message of the perfect man I follow. I pass His knowledge on to those who wish to know it and I protect it from those who wish to abuse it. I am not a Christian. I am a man who follows one man and loves to be at His side more than any place in the universe. I am a man who knows that he is eternal and will always be with his friend, the perfect man, Jesus, for eternity and will one day be face to face with His Father.

Thunder

View Profile
History
I am not a Christian
Posted : 29 Oct, 2010 04:46 PM

:bouncy:...You are a Follower of Christ Jesus*...:peace:...xo

View Profile
History
I am not a Christian
Posted : 29 Oct, 2010 06:26 PM

I hear you and it makes my heart glad!

However:

The word 'Christian' does appear in Acts 11:26-28 & 1 Peter 4:16

The Greek 'Christianos' originally applied to the slaves of a great household or a army that holds allegiance to one.

*Just thought you'd like to know*

View Profile
History
I am not a Christian
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 08:04 AM

@ Thunder:

Hey Thunder,I understand who you are and what you are.

For sometime,I have seen myself as you are seeing yourself.

I have wondered why I do not fit in with the normal christians..

As the Holy Spirit empowered Paul,Peter,James and the other New Covenant writers,These men called the believers,brethren,Saints,and other names,yet they did not call themselves Christians.

The disciples of Yeshua were called Christians by the people around themselves...

Act 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Agape' and Charis;St.Thunder

ps:Most people which know me,say that I am just different than others.hahahahahahaha

View Profile
History
I am not a Christian
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 08:18 AM

Amen to 99% of what you said but i have to agree with twosparrows,you are a christian the word says so,God bless ya.

View Profile
History
I am not a Christian
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 12:37 PM

My understanding of the word Christian has always been Christ In, and that should speak for itself.

View Profile
History
I am not a Christian
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 12:38 PM

Wow! Thunder, your statement is rather jacked isn't?...to say you follow one man, and that's Jesus Christ, yet you're not a Christian?... sounds jacked to me :excited:

I think maybe you don't know what the word Christian means... uh, as 2sparrow say being a Christians means to be a follower, or disciples, or servant, or slave, or saint, or student, or be adherent to Christ's teachings. Which has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone's denomination... a denomination doesn't make anyone a Christian, the inne man being born again, and following the teachings of Jesus Christ makes a person a Christin.

Acts chapter 11:26 and Acts chapter 26:28; even the Bible calls us Christians, I Peter chapter 4:16... if you're not a Christian than you're not a believer in Jesus Christ...

Sooooo, if you're not a Christian what are you? How do you identify yourself? With whom do you identify yourself? Being a Christian means to be Christ-like being transformed to the image of God's Only Begotten Son, and if since you say you're not a Christian, WHAT ARE YOU?... to say you're not a Christian, this would also mean that you don;t know your position in Christ, nor do you know His position in you... :excited:

Maybe you have need to truly born again from above in your inner man... you reckon?:ROFL::peace:

In spite of what the Bible teaches US, Christian about communion, is this why you don't take or believe in parttaking of the Holy Commuion?

John chapter 6: And Jesus said, I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE... I AM THE LIVING BREAD WHICH CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN. IF ANYONE EATS OF THIS BREAD, HE/SHE WILL LIVE FOREVER, AND THE BREAD THAT I WILL GIVE IS MY FLESH, WHICH I WILL GIVE FOR THE LIFE OF THE WORLD.

The Jews (unbelievers) quarreled among themselves, saying How can this Man give us His flesh to eat? Then Jesus said. Most assuredly, I say to you unless you eat the flesh(symbolic, because Jesus states He is the BREAD OF LIFE) of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. wHOSOEVER EATS MY FLESH AND DRINKS OF MY BLOOD HAS ETERNAL LIFE AND I WILL RAISE THEM UP AT THE LAST DAY.... bread & wine is symbolic of the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ that was shed on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins.

Therefore, Thunder, according to what the Bible teaches, this makes you an UNBELIEVER. And this would mean that You'e not a Christian, becasue you don't believe in the Holy Commuion, which means you don't belive in the total word of God... nor can you be a committed follower or disciple of Jesus Christ. So what are you?... just asking?...

View Profile
History
I am not a Christian
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 12:40 PM

ET where have you been? Thought maybe you went back to your home world! Missed you!

View Profile
History
I am not a Christian
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 12:47 PM

Heeeey 2sparrow, I missed you as well, and all the crew. I've been busy on the mission field... which in and of its self is another world:ROFL: working with church folk...:ROFL::ROFL:

I started to take the mothership back home for a vacation, but I suppose I am as Paul, I must have need to saty around for a season:yay:

how you beeeen?

View Profile
History
I am not a Christian
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 12:53 PM

Been good; perhaps you might like to visit the CITY LIST-LOCAL CHAT section and post so we can all keep abreast of your mission experiences and endeavors! . . . .(just go by the date)

View Profile
History
I am not a Christian
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 01:15 PM

Will check it out..

BTW, you noticed I said working with church folks...NOT CHRISTIANS. Church folks have A FORM OF R GODLINESS, BUT TEND TO DENY THE POWER THERE OF... because they think their way and their thoughts are the best way.:laugh:

ella

Page : 1 2 3