Author Thread: The Soul of man
Admin

The Soul of man
Posted : 27 Nov, 2010 04:27 PM

Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

This verse really helps point out the soul and how it ties in to Romans 12: 1and 2

In referring to the soul we see hear the soul is not saved, or renewed or restored. in other words we are to receive the word of God which is able to renew our soul.

Ps 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name�s sake.

Who restores our soul Jesus or the word.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

These verses when meditated on will really bring understanding, notice how again we are talking about renewing, what are we to renew our mind.

In these verses the you is understood to be the Spirit of man or the heart, he is to renew the mind with the word of God.

Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Now two sparrows you know you can't make that horse to drink, he has to want to, lol

3Jo 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

I remember not long ago some one mocking believers about health and wealth, not understanding it is conditional on the soul be renewed to the word of God, or buy the word of

God on the given topics.

View Profile
History
The Soul of man
Posted : 27 Nov, 2010 09:21 PM

@PJ:

The Soul of man

Posted : 27 Nov, 2010 04:27 PM

Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

This verse really helps point out the soul and how it ties in to Romans 12: 1and 2

In referring to the soul we see hear the soul is not saved, or renewed or restored. in other words we are to receive the word of God which is able to renew our soul.

The Greek word for the English word saved in the James 1:21; is

G4982

σώζω

sōzō

sode'-zo

From a primary word σῶς sōs̄ (contraction for the obsolete σάος saos, �safe�); to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

Looks like saving to me.

Ps 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name�s sake.

Who restores our soul Jesus or the word.

The Hebrew word for the English word restores is:

H7725

שׁוּב

shûb

shoob

A primitive root; to turn back (hence, away) transitively or intransitively, literally or figuratively (not necessarily with the idea of return to the starting point); generally to retreat; often adverbially again: - ([break, build, circumcise, dig, do anything, do evil, feed, lay down, lie down, lodge, make, rejoice, send, take, weep]) X again, (cause to) answer (+ again), X in any case (wise), X at all, averse, bring (again, back, home again), call [to mind], carry again (back), cease, X certainly, come again (back) X consider, + continually, convert, deliver (again), + deny, draw back, fetch home again, X fro, get [oneself] (back) again, X give (again), go again (back, home), [go] out, hinder, let, [see] more, X needs, be past, X pay, pervert, pull in again, put (again, up again), recall, recompense, recover, refresh, relieve, render (again), X repent, requite, rescue, restore, retrieve, (cause to, make to) return, reverse, reward, + say nay, send back, set again, slide back, still, X surely, take back (off), (cause to, make to) turn (again, self again, away, back, back again, backward, from, off), withdraw.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

These verses when meditated on will really bring understanding, notice how again we are talking about renewing, what are we to renew our mind.

In these verses the you is understood to be the Spirit of man or the heart, he is to renew the mind with the word of God.

Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

PJ:just a few weeks ago in an earlier posting you said something about the mind.Oh here it is.

View Profile

History

discernment

Posted : 6 Oct, 2010 01:54 PM

George Where is it in scripture that the mind of man is Spiritual or has spiritual contact with God

Now you are telling others to use their minds.

This is a little hypocritical PJ.

Now two sparrows you know you can't make that horse to drink, he has to want to, lol

3Jo 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

I remember not long ago some one mocking believers about health and wealth, not understanding it is conditional on the soul be renewed to the word of God, or buy the word of God on the given topics.

PJ:I happen to be the one you are referring to..

I asked this question:

How does ones soul prosper,Physically,emotionally,or spiritually.

If this question is considered mocking by you,then what do you consider Yeshua calling the Pharisees a Brood of Vipers.

PJ,i am begining to see that you take both sides and play them one against the other.

You completely disagreed with my earlier posting about Believers using their minds to Meditate upon the word,

Yet you want Believers to be using their minds.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

View Profile
History
The Soul of man
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 02:17 AM

NO GEORGE I NEVER TOLD ANYONE TO USE THEIR MIND, I AM QUITE CLEAR ON THE SUBJECT, I AM WELL AWARE OF THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN THE SPIRIT OR HEART AND MIND

View Profile
History
The Soul of man
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 03:19 PM

PJ not sure where the prosperity gospel ties in?

But after further thought on the subject this is how I see it;

God creates a body with a mind and heart and puts a spirit in it ; we become living souls. But the spirit and body are at odds, One is physical one is spirit. They vie for control much like man and a woman vie for the control of the marriage which would be the soul. But this is a battle the spirit of man is not strong enough to win. This is why we need a new spirit, the Holy Spirit who has conquered the flesh as evidenced through Jesus.

View Profile
History
The Soul of man
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 02:37 PM

I do the Gospel is prosperty