Author Thread: Fornication
Ferngirl

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 06:52 AM

Fornication! God is love - fact! What I would like to know as a new Christian is where does a formal marriage ceremony appear in the Bible plz. Does it teach about tying together in the law of the land? Also, if two people are deeply in love and committed, is this still fornication if they are close in spirit with a joint faith? Is it wrong to live together and be in love? And, if so, where in the Bible can I learn this part? I need all the formalities straight in my mind as I have never had a Christian relationship before and only got baptised in August, so it's all new.

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 07:06 AM

I'm going to let someone who's stronger in God's word answer all the where is it in the bible questions. I do think it's fornication to have sex-- living together or not--- before marriage. Why would you want to just live with someone you Love and opt out of marriage?

chevy

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 07:45 AM

chevy : She is a babe in Christ. Think "milk" not "meat" when you minister to her heart and mind.

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 08:01 AM

In Judaism (my faith) as well as Christianity (raised Catholic-Methodist) it's fornication to have sex outside of marriage, period.

For religious Jews (well, some of us) we don't touch one another unless married or closely related. The observance is called Shomer Negiah and it's why religious Jews wont shake hands with women among other things (like becomming unclean touching a woman who's menstruating.) But this observance also helps when courting somoene since the feelings you develop for them have nothing to do with physical pleasure. Thus you stay much more objective in how you feel about them.

So if you're in a relationship with somoene and you wish to enjoy the love physically, marry them. If one or both isn't willing to marry you have to reevaluate what the feels are. Infatuation or lust is more likely the case than love if you're not planning to wed.

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 08:03 AM

Ferngirl--- Jesus turned the water into wine at a Wedding.

1Thessalonians 4: 3,4

For this is the will of God,even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you shoul know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour.

Ephesians 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not once be named among you, as becometh saints.

Acts 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication; FROM WHICH IF YE KEEP YOURSELVES, YE SHALL DO WELL.

Maybe some of these scriptures will help. God Bless you,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 08:16 AM

1 Corinthians 7 gives instruction in some of what you ask too, sis

Ferngirl

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 08:31 AM

Well I don't want to just live with someone of course, I pray God brings me a wonderful husband but I have only ever lived with partners before so I am trying to learn properly for Jesus so I definately go to heaven because i dont want to be any part of the devils work. I have been conned and lied to by the devil through being so sensitive and I just want to do what God wants me to do - that's all!

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 08:38 AM

Ferngirl welcome to the faith and to the spiritual body of Christ!

God is indeed love, but God's love is asexual--it is more akin to the love a mother and father express toward their children or the love a child expresses toward a beloved pet. God never looks upon us and desires our physical bodies as humans do.

Marriage and government authority:

Romans chapter 13 verse 1-7:

"You must all obey the governing authorities. Since all government comes from God, the civil authorities were appointed by God, and so anyone who resists authority is rebelling against God's decision, and such an act is bound to be punished."

1 Peter: chapter 2 verse 17:

"Have respect for everyone and love for our community; fear God and 'honour the emperor.'"

So as you can see after reading the Apostle Paul and Peters thoughts on temporal authority if the government requires you to obtain a marriage license as a Christian you are expected to comply or you will be in rebellion against God.

Fornication:

1 Corinthians chapter 6 verse 13,18 : ...But the body ---this is not meant for fornication...Keep away from fornication."

In 1 Corinthians chapter 7 verse 1-3 Paul explicitly states that fornication is a sexual act between non-married men and women:

" Yes, it is a good thing for a man not to touch a woman; but since sex is always a danger, let each man have his own wife and each woman her own husband. "

Also in this statement made by Paul is that no matter how deeply in love a man or woman may be they are not to engage in intimate touching until after they have been married.

I hope this Helps

Ferngirl

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 08:43 AM

@Itaska - yes thankyou this does help a lot. I appreciate your time to guide. Amen!

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 08:50 AM

Great responses everybody!:applause: and I will put my 2 cents in, and the 100% of what God has to say. Prayerfully, this will also help Ferngirl in her searching for answers, and others.

First Corinthians chapter 6, GOD says this, Did you not know that NO unrighteousness will inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived, Neither FORNICATORS, nor idolaters, nor adulteres, not effeminate , nor abusers of themselves with mankind (homosexuals), nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will in herit the kingdom of God."

God continues to speak making it very plain and clear to all of us who are born again believers, who ONCE practiced things fornication and all the above BEFORE we repented of our sins. I also understand some who profess and confess Christ and that they are born again believers, STILL practice fornicating, but UNLESS they repent and turn away from such, they are in dnager of not entering the kingdom of God. Which means if you're still practicing those things God has said are SINS, you really are NOT BORN AGAIN FROM ABOVE IN YOUR INNER SPIRIT. Otherwise, you would do everything in your power and through the power of the Holy Spirit to OBEY God's commands. SELF-CONTROL is a fruit of the Holy Spirit in the believer, which means that the believer is being transformed into the character of Christ when he/she is bearing a likeness (FRUIT) )in the image of Christ.

God speaks in First Corinthians chapter 7, again and make His rules very clear to all of us, so NO ONE is without excuse.

Paul writes, Now concerning the things whereof you wrote to me about, It is not good for a man to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to AVOID FORNICATION, LET EVERY WOMAN HAVE HER OWN HUSBAND. AND LET EVERY MAN HAVE HIS OWN WIFE.

VERSE 8: THEREFORE, to the UNMARRIED and widows, it is good for them IF they live even as I (single), BUT if they CANNOT CONTAIN themselves LET THEM MARRY. Because it is better to MARRY then to burn with lust."

I don't think much more can be said about fornication not being a SIN, because God has had the last word in this matter. Living with a man or woman, and you're not married is a SIN according to God, and it doesn't matter how close or how in love YOU TTHINK you are, it is still a SIN.

Chevey makes a great point, why would you settle for less, living with a man or a woman and not becoming as one in marriage with that person.

Living together unmarried, That's called SHACKING, isn't it?!!!:nahnah: Are you that in love that you would risk not going to heaven just to SHACK with a man who doesn't care enough about you or himself, or about God to marry you and make you his wife? Doesn't sound much like love to me...

Also, if the man or woman you're with doesn't care to marry, and would rather SHACK with you, yet he/she says they are a Christian believers, I would have to question they faith and belief in Christ and their born again experience. Because MOST people who are truly born again are seeking to obey God's word, and live a life style pleasing to Him and that represent Him in all things.

WE ALL have experienced the darkness the devil offered us in our past, but have repented of those things. This is how one because a born again Chritsina through repentance if SINS.

And when you're turly born again, we try to do it God ways, and not continue in the path we once walked, nor do we think its wise to return BACK to the place God has delivered us from... that would be a slap in God face!... so fi you are truly a born again Christian, you would not allow any one to turn you away from theings of the Lord. FORNICATION AND SHACKING ARE SINS!

ella

View Profile
History
Fornication
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 08:56 AM

Also, Frengirl, read Romans chapter 8, in this you will find here God tells us that when we becaome born again, we are no longer in debt to please our flesh, but we are now debtor to please God, and not our flesh or any body else.

Page : 1 2 3 4