Author Thread: Hi everyone, anyone want to talk about music?
Admin

Hi everyone, anyone want to talk about music?
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 08:43 PM

I think the Lord can really minister to people. What do you guys think?:dancingp:

seekingpatience

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 11:13 AM

I believe music is one of the most powerful things in our world today, it can be used to minister or to bring people down.

I wish more churches would revert back to singing hymns instead of playing noisey electric guitar and banging drums so loud you cant even hear the words. Jesus said we should sing hymns also.

I think most modern music, expecialy rock is worldly, and has a negative affect on peoples spirits. The new testiments says not to love the world or the things of the world. After all, satan was an angel of music, and if he knows thats what people like, ofcourse he would use it!

I also things more people are less and less content with simplicity (ie when classical music came out every body loved it now people says its boring? hmmm) what an uncontent generation yikes!!! anyways since you wanted to talk about music, I was just stating my musical oppinion. con mis respectos. your sis in Christ!:party:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 05:51 AM

Im majoring in Music Education right now.

So all my life I've learned to express myself through music.

Never in my entire life have I seen someone through their hands up and give theirselfs over to the Lord just by a preacher talking.

I know it happens but I haven't seen it yet.

Most people in church get moved by the music the words and the notes just hitting us dead home. That's when I see people raise their hands up to the heavens and praise him.

Music is a way of communication.

I speak through my french horn.

Others may speak through a piano or their singing voice.

It's all how you look at it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 05:28 PM

Well, actually I like a varitey of music. Anything from some some classical to rock. I also love the hymns as well as some of the new praise and worship songs that have come out. As

long as it's directed as praise to God and it's lyrical content

is Biblical, it's fine by me! :glow: