Author Thread: Ridiculed for Christ
Admin

Ridiculed for Christ
Posted : 22 Feb, 2011 12:41 PM

So it's likely anyone in Canada or the US has heard today about the two couples killed by pirates. As the story goes these couples were sailing around the world distributing bibles to remote areas. I was reading about them on yahoo news. After the article people had posted comments...all of which appear to be negative.

It literally brings me to tears to see just how much the world hates Jesus. I commend these couples who understood the danger they were placing themselves in, but did it anyway to spread the gospel. No one seems to care. CNN, as far as I've heard, doesn't even mention why they were on this journey beyond the fact that they were retired and sailing around the world.

I know that we're hated, I know and yet my heart is in utter anguish. It's disturbing. If it'd said they were distributing food to the poor, I'm positive they would have been applauded, but because they were giving people eternal bread they're simply hated.

I don't know about you, but this actually gives me even more of a zeal for Christ. I pray that their deaths will re-ignite a flame of passion for all believers, that this is what we are here for.

Matthew 24:9-14

�Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.