Author Thread: What does it mean to be a friend?
Admin

What does it mean to be a friend?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 12:59 PM

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2009 03:06 PM

Being a friend? Well, now that you're making me really think about it-- well, to be a friend, means to be there for someone as much as possible when they are happy, sad, in need, or as a shoulder of support. Being a friend is not necessarily a daily experience of communicating but knowing that no matter the frequency of being in touch, that person is still the same yesturday, today, and a "just knowing", they'll be the same way tomorrow.

A friend knows the truth and stands by you no matter what. When the bad things happen in life, even the things we cause ourselves, failures - a friend doesn't beat you down. A friend can talk to you and tell you you did wrong, pray with you about correction, listen to you pray repentance if need be, and lift you up to continue on.

A friend spends time watching you grow and tells you congratulations. A friend might forget your birthday or special key events in your life they can't make, but they'll always cheer on in support from the background. A friend will pat your back when you've reached your greatest milestones of accomplishments in life. A friend is not ashamed to say "I love you" and not ashamed to let others know they care about you--no matter if it's man/man or woman/woman friends.

A friend will step away from you if you need space, but always will be watching your back. Even when you get angry at your friend, a "friend" will let you, but will wait patiently for you till you cool off. A friend will learn to apologize even when they might not be right about something, but want to remove any strains. A friend "just knows" a friend and it's ok just the way they are.

I can go on and on, but, that's for starters. And that's the kind of friends I want to have!

*gracemae

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2009 03:44 PM

wow --- that is wonderful --- Thats how Jesus is in many ways. He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother or sister.