Author Thread: Death of a loved one
rbeebe

View Profile
History
Death of a loved one
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 03:35 PM

How do you start a new life after years of marriage.

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Death of a loved one
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 04:27 PM

My Grandfather passed away when I was 4 years old. My Grandmother and him had been married for over 25 years. She remain a widow til I was 23. She stayed involved in the local Senior Citizen Center and there she met someone and after a couple of years they got married. I think you just have to keep living your life. I know if must be hard not having that special someone that had always been there, but just know that God is and just stay busy and doing that things that you enjoy. I'm sorry for you loss. God Bless!!

View Profile
History
Death of a loved one
Posted : 10 Feb, 2010 08:41 PM

Take one day at a time. If that is too big a chunk, take an hour at a time, or whatever chunk of time works for you. Ask God to help you get through it. Pray. Go as slow as you feel comfortable. Not what other people tell you, or other people expect. What you are comfortable with. Pray, gather your courage, and start something (or pick something back up) that you are interested in. Even if it means doing it alone. You won't forget, but if you don't keep moving ahead and letting God use you then you won't get the blessings He has waiting for you around the bend.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
History
Death of a loved one
Posted : 11 Feb, 2010 11:52 AM

I've never been married myself, but have lost a lot of friends. When doing all the "cliche" things isn't enough, it helps me to remember that everything is God's anyway. It's just on loan to us