Author Thread: Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Admin

Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 06:15 PM

I just need to know what other peoples opinion on this subject is. I personally am legally still married, we are separated and are in the process of a divorce. What are some of your opinions on dating a married man or woman in this situation. If the man or woman says to the other their marriage is over, are your free to start dating? Or do your have to wait until your divorce is final?

View Profile
History
Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 07:35 PM

No, I am trying to be careful not to take any problems from my marriage to any relationship. I am just looking for christian male friends. I can not really do anything but be friends because I am still legally married. Appreciate your response.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 07:37 PM

Thank you for your two cents. I am reading everyones opinion on this subject.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 07:38 PM

Thank you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 07:39 PM

Thank you.

kennethhunt45

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2009 09:32 AM

Greetings in the name of Jesus. My name is Kenneth Hunt I can relate to what you are going through because God recently delivered me from that place of not feeling unprotected in dealing with new people.

The first thing the Lord did was to transform my mind (Romans12:2) so that I could see people the way he see them, then I was able to recognize other people with transformed minds. You see, until your mind is transformed you will always choose the wrong men and attract the wrong men so pray that God transform your mind and he is so faithful to do it! He is waiting on you.

To help you pray go to www.christian.org and get the book on prayer. God bless you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2009 08:00 PM

First of all, get out your bible and look in the scriptures on what it says about marriage, and pray! then read some more and pray, and when you are tired of that, read and pray some more! seriously! If we want to lead a Godly life that is pleasing to the Lord, we must be obedient, not trusting in anything but what God says for us to do, the way we should live, that my friend brings all praise and glory to our Father! Don't let any man tell you how you should feel, God will do that for you, He will comfort, heal, and love us 100% just the way we are. We need to show Him that we love Him by being obedient. In Christ's love, Glory be to God!

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 07:20 PM

Hello, my sister in Christ. I'm also divorced and it's a horrible experience. I don't know what your reasons were for your divorce and how you feel about being divorced so I'll only make this one comment. Before you do anything no matter what it is, doesn't have to be only about dating it could be anything just ask yourself if your thoughts, decisions, actions, etc. will glorify the Lord and if it will then youl have your answer.

I'm praying for you and plese you do the same for me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2009 07:54 AM

This is in response to Sevanna. Thank you. It was and still is not my choice. This is what he wanted. He is still seeing the woman he cheated on me with. He said he is no different than David in the bible. No good is going to come to him or her. I am just praying for God's strength to get through this we go to court soon, as soon as he filed the papers our marriage was truly over. He was out of the marriage mentally for 5 or 6 years, I just did not know. I know I love him and I always will, but I know I have to move on. And God is giving me the strength to do so. I pray you grow strong too.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2009 11:01 AM

Hi,

I wasn't going to comment on this because I am just separated right now myself. I have been separated for 6 years, and will file the papers sometime this month, but I have been pursuing a relationship with a woman from this site. We have not met in person, and we will not until the divorce is final, but that is not what I wanted to talk to you about.

When you say that you love him, and always will, it sent off alarms in my head. I am not counseling you to hate, but to hold on to a relationship that is finished is unhealthy for you. Love is a choice we make. We choose who we love or don't love. It is not, nor has it ever been this mysterious "feeling" or emotion. It is a choice, always. You do eventually have to forgive, and move on, but you will only hurt yourself and every man you come in contact with, if you try to move on now.

I know that it is easier to get over someone with another, but that is really not fair to that person, and it only delays the pain for you. I spent almost three years getting myself ready to start dating seriously. It took me that long to not have any resentment toward women in general.

I didn't do this at first, I just didn't want to hurt, so I used women and hurt them. But the pain and anger were still there, they don't go away until you deal with them. I see so many of the same things in you right now. Please know that I am not trying to accuse you of anything, other than wanting to move on. But, please, take some alone time, and get yourself ready first.

Think of yourself like a piece of fruit that you are offering someone. Are you really pure, whole, and ripe? Or do you really need some time to grow into that beautiful, sweet, perfect treat that a man would really desire? And think of the differences in the man that will take you now, versus the man that would pursue you then.

Just the thoughts of someone who has been there,

Leon

lostnfound

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 04:36 PM

A seperated person is still married and should be treated that way. No if, ands, or buts, about it.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10