Author Thread: Something I've noticed...
Admin

Something I've noticed...
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 11:45 AM

It's so weird talking to people online. I mean, seriously...mainly b/c the things you say have to be worded so incredibly carefully...it's so easy for people to misinterpret what you say.

One member recently contacted me & kind-of began a conversation & he basically proposed, or so it sounded, via the very first email...then, when I told him it sounded like he had been hurt by someone (mainly b/c all he could talk about for the most part was - who's out there that will be totally faithful & perfect like the prov 31 woman) - So, when I gently confronted him on this & tried to help him a bit, he told me in a nutshell - that this is why Paul said for women to be quiet in the church. Then he went on to say that he is a famous missionary...what a weirdo. Ok, I guess this really is more of a comment...I just thought it was weird. Maybe online is just not for me, but...there has to be SOME normal guys on this thing? right? Anyway, thanks to anyone who reads this..I really hope I didn't offend anyone!

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 01:02 PM

I really appreciate all of you guys & girls taking the time to respond, thanks a bunch & blessings :-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 03:34 PM

GOD bless you my sister for humbly receiving correction. That says much. Peace and Love and grace be with you as you love the ONE who died for us All. Amen.

My love in CHRIST, :glow:

Thaddeus

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 03:38 PM

Sarah: I think that you are on to something. Many have posted about their past relationships and the abuse they have been through. The only thing about this is--- we only have their side :-)

I would like any of the guys to answer a question for me... Why do guys always say one thing, but they probably mean something else??? Thanks. :applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 04:05 PM

dear help, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 09:18 PM

dear help - sisters do it too. heck, i see it at work, and everywhere.

as for original question/comment, i too, notice that when i respond to questions, i try to internalize, and not personally address at the writer...like in ask a gal and by a guy, that many guys would be asking the same questions. However, on a couple of occasions it is taken personally... so the limitation of the use of email, should be realized on both sides of communications. Without the vision clues it is difficult. The good news and we can BLOCK.

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 10:28 PM

I can't believe that I stepped out and wrote to you - and then you spread it all over the internet and call me a wierdo!

Okay, okay, I'm just joking everyone, it wasn't me -honest!

Naw, duchess - don't sweat it. There is, unfortunately, the odd person here and there who will take things you say personally...or write wierd things like this guy apparently did. I mean, telling a girl that the Apostle Paul told you to "shut up?" Bizarre - and claiming to be a famous missionary? There's some serious insecurity issues going on there.

But guess what? You'll run into them in the real world too! Isn't that exciting? :laugh:

I just recently met (in person) what I thought was a lady who was like, WOW, to me. But after meeting her and having lunch with her, I walked away with fifteen bazillion questions about her - all of which would've been answered on the profiles of this christian dating site.

So we spoke on the phone a few times too, and sure enough - all my questions started getting answered, and I was disappointed - there was NO way this would ever work out.

I mean, it's okay and all - she's a great gal, and I'll happily carry on corresponding with her and being a friend, but it brought home - again - why I like these christian matchmaking sites so much - everything is right up front, 9 times out of 10 you know right away if there's something that just won't allow it to work, y'know?

So keep yer chin up, and don't let these things discerge ya!

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2009 12:43 PM

I'm sorry if I forgot to thank anyone for responding! Thanks to you Bush256, SingleRose, cattleman...Kristiankid - &hope, blessings to you guys!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 12:32 PM

sounds odd enough, he did misuse that scripture that the apostle paul stated, yeah, that should be an immediate warning signal. When I read that part I had to laugh. That guy has quite the personality. Just pray that god would give him direction along with a sound heart, sound mind, and a clear understanding of the scripture. God bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 05:49 PM

God Bless you my sister.

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 06:06 PM

dear sarah, dont mention it little lady..

ole cattle

Page : 1 2 3