Author Thread: What about personality?
myhopejeremiah29_11

View Profile
History
What about personality?
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 08:27 PM

Why is it that a male will constantly say "Good looks do not matter to me, I am looking for someone with an awesome personality" however the girls with great personalities are still left standing? This has not just happened to me so I do not feel as if it is my personality that is a problem lol...however it very well could be, I am just wanting an answer.

ayngrady

View Profile
History
What about personality?
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 08:46 PM

Hey sista

cool write up! nice lookin fam too!!! someone will come alongside you and you wont know what hit ya!!!! i second that write up there.

have a great night!!!!!!!!

k.ayn

myhopejeremiah29_11

View Profile
History
What about personality?
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 08:48 PM

thank you, those are my two sisters (a.k.a. my best friends) and my baby cousin and my sister's boyfriend.

I know that someone will come along, however it is just frustrating...I mean all in all doesn't that imply that they are lying when they say looking for personality but then they say looks aren't there? I just want an answer.

ayngrady

View Profile
History
What about personality?
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 08:54 PM

hmmm. thats an interesting point. I guess if they are that shallow its time to move on. seriously.

noothergods32

View Profile
History
What about personality?
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 02:11 PM

Most guys say that because they want girls to think that they aren't shallow. However the truth is that looks do matter, which is not to say that everyone has to look the same, far from it. I have friend with very far ranging ideas of what is attractive, from one guy who only found women 5' and under attractive to guys who found very large women more attractive. Every guy is attracted to something different and the answer is not simply changing what you look like, there are only so many modifications you can make, but finding a guy who is attracted to both your appearance and your personality.

On a similar note personality affects your physical attractiveness. I've know several women who I found very attractive until I started talking to them and vice versa several who I found only mildly attractive until I got to know them a little.

View Profile
History
What about personality?
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 04:31 PM

dear myhope, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
What about personality?
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 12:08 AM

Praise the LORD JESUS CHRIST and peace be unto you my dear sister. To answer your question:

I don't know if there is a person on earth who doesn't care about looks to some degree. Does looks matter at all to you?

What if a man was 400 lbs with only one tooth, a no hair in the middle of his head, with bad hygiene. But he was very nice and kind. Would you be attracted to him?

If you won't, maybe someone else would. It seems to me that GOD puts in the heart of certain people to find others attractive whom some or most may not find attractive.

At the same time, I've noticed many women who care more about a man's bank account than his personailty. They want a lavish lifestyle and care nothing about love.

The truth is that our own evil desires may very cause us to not be in a blessed relationship.

There is the old saying, one person's trash is another person's treasure. Praise the LORD.

In the love of CHRIST,

Thaddeus

View Profile
History
What about personality?
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 12:11 AM

Praise the LORD,

It's late, my apologies for the poor grammar. lol

View Profile
History
What about personality?
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 06:23 AM

This is where i think these dating sites are limited!I dated a girl once who,by any standards,would be considered average,plain,whatever,At first i was not attracted to her at all,but i eventually fell in love with her because of her incredible personality!After that,when i looked at her i saw the most beautiful girl in the world!I was not saved at the time so it didnt work out,but i still find her absolutly goergous!(i work with her so its hard not to notice her)anyway,what im saying is,men are first attracted to looks,but personality wins in the end,its hard to convey a personality with a picture and some words In Christ Steven

View Profile
History
What about personality?
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 10:03 AM

RIGHT ON

And guys and gals, here's what I dont understand. This is a Christian site. PPL looking for Christian mates. Why then are some of the men's pics shirtless. Guys, dont get me wrong, I love a sexy chest as much as the next gal, but I struggle enough with temptation in my daily life. I'm not a size 10 and I dont want to be selected based on my body. My mind will be active and interresting long after my body is. I want a man who will get to know who I am without needing a picture to see what I look like. Judge my heart, not my dress size.

Yes, I do notice man's looks, but I have replied to more ppl with catchy bios and no pics than I have pics and uninterresting bios.

Just adding the 2 cents of a Southern Gal.

myhopejeremiah29_11

View Profile
History
What about personality?
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 11:00 AM

Well I am not naive by any means and I know and realize that looks do matter. However, why try to say that they don't when they do? Just be up front and honest. That is the part that bothers me...are the ones who claims that it doesn't....is it that they are trying to make themselves look better or feel better? Idk, but it was just bothering me at the time so I needed to vent lol.

Page : 1 2