Author Thread: Are Looks That Important?
Admin

Are Looks That Important?
Posted : 4 Dec, 2008 10:45 PM

Funny isn't it. How people think that looks really matter. If you are competing in a beauty pageant or up for a modelling job, I suppose so. How can one talk when they aren't the ugly duckling? Beauty becomes the burden. The lonely, setting the dinner table for one each night as the sun sets. Evenings which are silent, and always still. Nobody wanting to date you either, as they feel you would turn them down with that abrupt, No. So, nobody asks, and you remain, once again- alone. The phone never rings. You begin to feel you are the most hideous of all of God's creatures . There must be something wrong as you are still -One. Holidays approach, everyone thinking you have someone, so nobody calls. Tears are your company, cold evenings, as there is not that extra set of feet under the covers to warm you and brighten your soul. So you set out on a mission of self destruction, Putting on 20 pounds just to deter the predators, you say,yet it is to punish oneself. Satisfy the devil. Yet, the hungry wolves waiting and lurking, and they come. Just to devour this lost sheep... Now with a little meat on the bones making the kill more delectable. Fat skinny, pretty, ugly. Hurt is all the same, ridicule, ignorance and the mean individuals slandering ones name. Stealing one's innocence. Inflicting pain. Using one to gain whatever it is these individuals feel they need to steal from you all while trying to detroy ones spirit, and then pain, oh so real. You ae left even lonlier than before. Yet in God's grace and gentle hands," He" embraces you and holds you close, to make you feel you are worth more than anythiing and you are everything and the most beautiful creature "He" ever created", and all because "He" can. Our Father.. Our beauty is judged by our hearts, and what we place in there , not by our appearance. We are just waiting for the right one to be introduced by God. So in "His" time. We will meet our perfect match. And not withourt pain or trials... It is not what a person says, but what one does which proves his/her worth. We will be grateful and honoured to meet this special someone of kindness and truthfulness one day. Until then we must pray for strength and obedience to God . I will pray for honesty and purety over muscles and millions. I've been on that side of the fence, only to find lonliness to be one's best friend. Imagine then, the enemy. God Bless, M

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2008 11:37 PM

You are so right. And to make matters worse, this time of year, there are so many predators out there just waiting to take advantage of some poor woman's pain, just to lead them down the path to destruction.

It happens to men as well, but not as often.

That longing, and doubt, and loneliness, just make decent people easier targets. So many in our nation are alone for the holidays every year, that you can almost watch the vultures lining up.

It breaks my heart to watch, but most reach a point where they no longer care about the consequences, they just don't want to be alone. Of course, they regret it later, and that just dips their self esteem another notch.

We think another person will make us feel better, more complete, but that is only a patch. What we really want, what we really crave, is the pure and perfect love of God. No man or woman can give us that, no matter how our heart yearns for it. True, pure love only comes from the Father, through the Son. Don't fall prey to the enemies tricks, call out to Jesus. He will bring true comfort.

Love and peace,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2008 01:33 AM

Leon thanks for reading my heart as you seem to do . I do trust in God and only Him, for my faith in man at this point of my life is nil. How said that things have come to this. I wait for God's direction and guidance so as not to be taken by the wolves in sheep's clothing again. Sadly though it is not just at christmas time that evil lurks. It just seems to rear it's ugly head more so at these times. It is always more predominent at the holiday seasons. My skin is getting tougher as time goes on however. God is just getting me stronger for the next fight. :boxing: Your friend and sister in "Christ"

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2008 09:43 AM

I am glad that your eyes are open dear sister. I had assumed by your post that you were well aware of the hidden dangers lurking out there.

Many men are very good at telling women what they want to hear. I, myself, before coming to Christ was very good at this. I used to practice my facial expressions in front of a mirror when saying different things, just to make sure I had that eye twinkle, or enamored look in my eyes. I know I am not the only man to ever do that. I even had myself convinced that I wasn't really doing anything wrong.

God bless you sister, and guard your heart, but don't harden it, we need more strong Christian women.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2009 07:31 AM

Leon you said not to harden your heart. I beleive i did for a while. I struggled with this bitterness i found myself nuturing. One day i realized i didn't like myself this way anymore. So, I spoke with a friend. I cried as i explained what has become of me, due to the lies of man I so foolishly believed. My weakness filling me with shame. It consumed me. Who is this person I had become? I did not like to see the refelection of myself as it repulsed me. I had to look away. "How could any man love me now", I said. With such a bitter and hardened heart? My friend gently looked into my eyes and said, "when the right "One" comes along, "He" will see past the bitterness and "He" will soften your heart and lighten your spirit". "How will I know "Him"? "You will know "Him" if you truly seek "Him" with all your heart, he said. UntilL I realized that my friend meant "God" i stayed trapped. Eventually through prayer and meditation I arrived. God since has touched my heart and soul with such gentleness and love , I can't express the gratitude I feel. All glory and honour to "You" Almighty Father". Amen. God bless you Leon. Your sister in Chrisit, M :angel: