Author Thread: Two Observations
Admin

Two Observations
Posted : 5 Dec, 2008 10:29 PM

Two internet dating observations have been popping up more recently and I thought I'd address them in case no one was paying attention.

First, I see a lot of profiles with the phrase "Is there any good ones out there?". The answer to every one of these is yes. Unfortunately, that's not really the question you wanted to ask. Your real question is something more like, "Are there any good ones that also meet my criteria?". It seems a small difference, but to one that knows they are a "good one" the former can be a bit offensive. It's not the good ones' fault if you do not recognize they are a good one. It's your responsibility to recognize the good ones.

This kinda leads me to the next observation. I've seen the use of the fairy tale about kissing frogs and the frog becoming a prince. My only comment here is that I believe the point of the story has been missed. I think most believe the frog turns into a prince because the prince is more desirable than the frog. The real point of the story is that the prince is inside the frog. The prince is the frog. You discover the prince inside the frog by seeing the good parts and the bad parts and loving both.

View Profile
History
Two Observations
Posted : 6 Dec, 2008 12:27 AM

Amen and amen.

Leon

cranston

View Profile
History
Two Observations
Posted : 6 Dec, 2008 02:11 AM

and again Amen.

View Profile
History
Two Observations
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 04:17 PM

Have recently stated that 'guess I'm gonna have to kiss a lot of frogs first'. Reading your post makes me rethink my choice of words :)

Hopeful123

View Profile
History
Two Observations
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 02:54 PM

Amen! well said brother

Proverbs31inWA

View Profile
History
Two Observations
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 09:00 AM

I do agree with what you have said, definitely...and I also feel that we ALL have certain criterion by which we decide if we are wanting to be with that person- otherwise, something as simple and seemingly arbitrary as the fact that I am 37, instead of 36, wouldn't have stopped the e-mail I sent you before from going through. You wrote of feeling offended, and I can certainly commiserate with you on that one.

Many Blessings. :)

SarahLuna

View Profile
History
Two Observations
Posted : 24 Aug, 2016 07:04 AM

WOW! Good points! ;)

Searchnow^

View Profile
History
Two Observations
Posted : 2 Aug, 2020 11:43 PM