Author Thread: About Forgiveness
Admin

About Forgiveness
Posted : 20 May, 2011 05:45 PM

I moved to a new home at the end of April. I was going to need help and I had a few guys from work lined up and every one of them quit on me just days before the move. I was really upset at them for waiting until the last minute to let me know and for not being the kind of guys I thought they were. So I hired a guy and his friend off of craigslist because the price was right and they could do the job with two days notice. So I called to confirm on the night before the move and the guy flaked out on me. He was going to call me but he forgot and was so glad I called him. I got back on craigslist and found a couple guys that could be there first thing in the morning and they were there for the heavy stuff but they had another move and I had to load a 17 foot truck and unload it by myself. Which I did.

I was upset at my coworkers and then the second guy just made things worse and then even though the third guy showed up I still had to do the work that the coworkers were going to do or that the flaky guy was going to do.

For about two days I thought about how I could get revenge on the flaky guy. ( I had no trouble forgiving my co-workers). I wanted to inconvenience him but wasn't sure how and then I thought, I'm a professional skip tracer. I have his cell phone # and I can find him and follow him around and do little things to inconvenience him like moving his grocery cart when he wasn't looking, locking his car when he ran into a convenience store an left it running, stuff like that.

Then one day while I was at work a thought went right to my spirit. How flaky am I? How much can God rely on me? If I want to be like Jesus then I should follow the example he gave us in the way he responded to flaky people, or at least people that didn't measure up. I thought of the grace he showed to every person he met. He had every reason to be bitter after he went home and his own neighbors tried to push him off a cliff. He had plenty of reason to be bitter at the Pharisees and Saducees. He had every right to be bitter about the people that mocked and ridiculed him. And he could have been very bitter about the way he, an innocent man, was tried, flogged and crucified. But he never was and he never sought revenge.

I think this is what the Psalmist meant when he said "my strength comes form the Lord". Knowing that he knows what I know and that he has felt what I have felt and so much more than I may ever experience. I have to look to him, my savior, to come rescue me from myself and soften my heart and lead me into forgiveness. Then I overcome my bitterness, hurt, anger and malice. Then I learn again that I am still in growth mode and I must listen and learn from him and he will guide me into righteousness.

Thunder

View Profile
History
About Forgiveness
Posted : 21 May, 2011 09:56 PM

I hope the feeling better thing takes hold and lasts! :laugh:

View Profile
History
About Forgiveness
Posted : 31 May, 2011 09:55 PM

Thanks for sharing, Thunder, and remember even flaky guys reap what they sow. No telling how many times he will be inconvenienced during his life-time!!

View Profile
History
About Forgiveness
Posted : 2 Jun, 2011 03:19 PM

This was 'sharing with family' at its finest. What a heartfelt lesson that was obviously not wasted on you. Thank you.

View Profile
History
About Forgiveness
Posted : 10 Jul, 2011 02:19 PM

forgive ourself, forgive others.