Author Thread: Practicle ideas for the newly single to deal with aloneness
Admin

Practicle ideas for the newly single to deal with aloneness
Posted : 24 Sep, 2007 10:48 PM

1. Turn the TV off and keep busy with positive people activities. Most of TV is about and for couples.

2. Get rid of the big bed and get a single/twin bed. It helps the subconcience accept the fact you are now one.

3. A heated fitted bottom sheet and body pillow also helps with sleep.

4. Walk or exercize to help reduce stress and body tension.

5. Go to a church that gives hugs, lots of them for everyone.

6. Get a friend that will check on you daily as well as you check on them for safety. My friend saved my life twice just by calling and knowing something was wrong.

7. Even if the money is tight look for free fun things to do.

8. Look for opportunities to make friends of all ages, Senior Citizens often get isolated, reach out to them.

9. Play christian music or tapes when trying to go to sleep.

10. Keep a Thank you list of all God has been doing for you and read it when you are tempted to have a pity party.

As I look at this site I pray for you and ask God to help you find the person He made for you. They are out there be patient for God's timing is always perfect.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Oct, 2007 09:21 AM

do you have any suggestions of places to go to meet people besides church? I am a single mom, so I can't always leave my child with a sitter. Also the funds are strapped. I live in a state where the drinking & smoking rate is close or at #1 in the nation for young people. It is incredibly hard to find people who don't get drunk every weekend and who don't smoke. Does anyone have any tips?

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2007 11:07 PM

Turkeytracks, you said it perfectly. thanks for your inspiration, God Bless You!

Barb

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2007 11:19 PM

Check your local community calendar for events going on..lots of summer festivals, holiday festivals, etc..activities in parks, church or community groups that are free & sometimes provide free daycare (Eg: Mom groups or christian single groups) In the fall, take child out to gather hazlenuts, or pinecones to bake or decorate in fall, volunteer to visit at nursing homes, hospitals, homeless shelters, etc...you would be surprised at whom you may meet... I hope this helps, God Bless You, Barb

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2007 06:15 PM

You don't have to participate in only your churches activities. Many times other churches will also have good activities and meeting new people open up your opportunities to meet the right person. Instead of "Bar Hopping" to meet people try "Church Hopping". Most loving Christians will understand the need to meet new people and if they like you they may help the process.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2007 06:20 PM

Barb,

I have found that "aloneness" does not have to equal loneliness. It takes some purposful work but satisfaction and peacefulness is the reward.