Author Thread: If Grace --- Then Faith
Admin

If Grace --- Then Faith
Posted : 8 Jun, 2011 11:48 PM

If Grace is irresistible then what need is there for Faith?

View Profile
History
If Grace --- Then Faith
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 05:43 AM

Well you see The man with the horse, there are those that openly oppose God, that have made up this doctrine and they could not find any other way to get the word faith in their doctrine, so they made sure they but it in their that would create the illusion they agreed with God. You can rest in this truth it is by the hearing of the gospel and choosing to believe, or not to believe the gospel that determines the man or woman's salvation and those that teach otherwise have another so called Jesus and they have no foundation to be a child of God, for that, that is not in agreement with faith is death, is spiritual death. For they have tried to come another way than Jesus.

View Profile
History
If Grace --- Then Faith
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 06:51 AM

If Grace is Irresistible then what need of faith?

Well, first off the faith is IN Christ.

What need of faith in Christ?

Because GOD has chosen Jesus to be the sacrificial lamb for the sins of His chosen people.

The short answer for any question where a person asks,

"Well, if God is sovereign, why do anything?"

Is.........Because God said so.

If there were no rhyme or reason other than that, THAT would be reason enough.

The longer answer is that God, who has chosen the ends of all things has also chosen the MEANS of all things.

God could have decided to regenerate everyone He was going to on their 21st birthday at high noon. Then we would just wait for that day, and see what happened.

But that is NOT how God has chosen to do things. So, we are to pray, to preach, to write Bible tracts, to invite the neighbor kids to vacation Bible school, etc, etc, etc.

And Faith IN Christ is absolutely what God wants, and demands so, that is what we must do.

In Christ,

James

View Profile
History
If Grace --- Then Faith
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 08:05 AM

Well, first off the faith is IN Christ.

This statement sounds good but it is not in agreement with faith such as this:

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteous.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Ro 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith

Ga 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Heb 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

View Profile
History
If Grace --- Then Faith
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 09:52 AM

James, I don't see where you've actually answered Two's question. If regeneration [being made born-again] precedes faith, how does one come to faith in order to believe, if you're saved before you have the faith to believe? Why even need saving faith at that time? You're already saved.

View Profile
History
If Grace --- Then Faith
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 08:01 PM

71 said,

James, I don't see where you've actually answered Two's question. If regeneration [being made born-again] precedes faith, how does one come to faith in order to believe, if you're saved before you have the faith to believe? Why even need saving faith at that time? You're already saved.

James replies:

Oh, sorry about that........

What you are asking about is the Order of Salvation.

Being born again by the Holy Spirit (Regeneration) is NOT being saved. That comes when the person repents and accepts Jesus.

God electing someone does not save them. Their sin MUST be paid for. Jesus HAD to die for the sins of His people, to satisfy God's perfect justice.

And the same goes for faith in Jesus. God requires that we repent and trust in Jesus to be saved.

I don't know if I am answering your question very well, but if you cut and paste this link into your search bar, I think it will find what you are looking for:

http://covenantofgracechurch.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=20

In Christ,

James