Author Thread: not of this world
Admin

not of this world
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 03:58 PM

paul wrote that we are not to be of this world. our job is to preach the gospel to the unbelievers. We are to understand that by doing this we will be rewarded in heaven. It is a reward given to us by Christ for what we do here. We are not to seek worldly things. We are to be about the fathers bussiness and that is saving souls for the kingdom only. It is very simple and very easy to understand.

jesus said to the rich man to sell everything he had and follow christ. jesus told the rich many times to give all their excess to the poor. i wonder why????????

He did not say to seek worldly riches. The false teachers would have you tobelieve that Gos wants to give you wordly riches. Jim Bakker after he got out of prison wrote a book called, "why I was wrong." he said the health and wealth message was false.It was just to take your money.He repented of what he had done. Because it was not a popular mesage the book was never a best seller.

View Profile
History
not of this world
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 09:01 PM

Great post, DG!

1Timothy 5-8 ---- Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain.

For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us therewith be content.

Health/Wealth preachers tell you sow a dollar and God will give you back maybe ten, maybe thirty, maybe a hundred. Just sow that money to me, brother. I need it to keep gas in my Bentley and pay the light bill for my mansion.

I know God Blesses His children with material things. He has blessed me abundantly. But to say you aren't rich cause you aren't sowing enough cash is ridiculous. And that's exactly what some of the mega preachers imply. Now that's what I call false doctrine!

View Profile
History
not of this world
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 10:39 PM

I agree: "Now that's what I call false doctrine!"

View Profile
History
not of this world
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 10:44 PM

*moon cycles*

View Profile
History
not of this world
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 10:51 PM

I see what ya mean.:excited:

View Profile
History
not of this world
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 10:56 PM

First things first guy's guy when you put labels on the word of God, in mocking unbelief you are then guilty of the sin you suppose others are guilty.

Dennis you keep making that statement, about what Jesus said to the rich man, do you know why he said it, besides the fact Jesus the opposite of what you are saying, remember Jesus is the word, he is not ignorant of himself.

Now Dennis here is something Jesus said in lieu of your post:

Mr 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Mr 10:28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.

Mr 10:29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel�s,

Mr 10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

One of the things unbelievers love to say is so and so said that, Well this so ans is Jesus, not that you would say that Dennis

Notice how Jesus said how you would receive all this in this lifetime, but with a lot of persecution I sure would want to be one guilty of the unbelief in persecuting those that believe the lord Jesus.

Do you know what this is an example of?

View Profile
History
not of this world
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 11:22 PM

Chevy a responsible thing to do is to go to the word yourself, and see what it says concerning the matter, because before you know it you will believe what you say and it is completely against the word of God.

Here's is what Jesus said on the matter:

phill 4:15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, well pleasing to God.

Paul said what to the philippians, but I desire that fruit may abound to your account.

2nd Cor 9:1 � For as touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you:

2 For I know the forwardness of your mind, for which I boast of you to them of Macedonia, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal hath provoked very many.

3 Yet have I sent the brethren, lest our boasting of you should be in vain in this behalf; that, as I said, ye may be ready:

4 Lest haply if they of Macedonia come with me, and find you unprepared, we (that we say not, ye) should be ashamed in this same confident boasting.

5 Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up beforehand your bounty, whereof ye had notice before, that the same might be ready, as a matter of bounty, and not as of covetousness.

6 � But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.

10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)

11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;

13 Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men;

Very different from what has been here concerning this truth, I am confident Paul knew of the blessing of Abrasham and what the word of God teaches concerning giving and receiving.

Have you noticed how some try to make scripture fit their belief, outside of the given topic subject matter, in otherwords they will say things like this:

Money is evil, can you believe some would say that?

Here is another one:

Mr 4:19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Some literally try to use this verse to say, riches will deceive you, the verse is speaking of trusting in Riches.

Did you ever notice where Jesus said he gives you power to get wealth, oh and to establish his covenant.

I have found that those saying wealth is not part of the Gospel, usually oppose the blessing of the lord money wise, usually do not tithe, and are usually selfish in their giving.

Not that would apply to anyone here.

Just imagine if the body of Christ was obedient to the word we could go in places like Joplin and completely rebuild it.

Make sure you study the blessing of Abraham because Jesus taught us that belongs to the church, and in case you haven't heard some have the audacity to say the blessing of Abraham was spiritual, even though he only had the promise of the spirit, sigh.

View Profile
History
not of this world
Posted : 12 Jun, 2011 04:32 AM

Phil posts:

Mr 10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Phil says this will happen in this life

Mr.Meanie :

Act 2:44 And all the believers were together and had all things common.

Act 2:45 And they sold possessions and goods and distributed them to all, according as anyone had need.

Act 2:46 And continuing steadfastly with one mind day by day in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they shared food in gladness and simplicity of heart,

Act 2:47 praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the assembly, the ones being saved from day to day.

Of course, Yeshua could not be talking about this now could He.

As a person is joined to the body of Believers,everything each one has should be available to one another.

Oh no,not according to H-W theories.

What is mine is mine from GOD.

And what is yours is mine from GOD,in Jesus name.

Shalom

The Meanie

View Profile
History
not of this world
Posted : 12 Jun, 2011 05:03 AM

Phil posts:

Phil says this will happen in this life

Mr.Meanie :

Couple corrections George, Jesus said that he shall receive an hundered fold in this time, it was not Phillip that said it.

29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel�s,

30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Maybe you missed verse 29.

It is interesting you would try and say now is not now. By the way what Jesus taught was simply this, what you do for the Gospel in this life you should receive in this life one hundred now.

George Do you remember saying on this post, you do not like to give, so why did you want to post the verse of scripture in lieu of my post, it would seem you are confused, especially continually saying Phillip said, in lieu of Jesus said.

As Jesus taught in mark 10:30 all those that gave in acts will receive 100 hundred fold, completely in line with what Jesus has always taught.

View Profile
History
not of this world
Posted : 12 Jun, 2011 09:31 AM

PJ, you misunderstand the word. It is in heaven where you recive your reward not on earth. You error because those false preahers say you get it here on earth. you can seek this false reward if you want too. But why would you want to be rewarded earthy rewards. you can not take any of it with you.

It all just passes away. it is temperary. The things of this world will pass away. Lazerus and the richman is a perfect example. jesus said the richman had his reward on this earth. lazerus got his reward in the next life. You PJ misunderstand everything I wrote and you also misunderstand the laws and promises that go with it. Dennis

View Profile
History
not of this world
Posted : 12 Jun, 2011 10:32 AM

Phil;

Boring,boring,boring.

Tell that to all of those that had their lives destroyed by the Health and Wealth THEORIES.

Peddle your papers somewhere else plaese.

Mr.Merciful

Page : 1 2