Author Thread: Struggling
Admin

Struggling
Posted : 6 Jul, 2011 06:36 AM

Just occured to me that when we struggle with our respective faiths and denominations or traditions, it's likely due to how we don't live in a theocratic country (ruled by a religious system.) In fact, for us in the USA, it's the exact opposite with Separation of Church and State. Rather than following religious law, we follow federal and state laws. Indeed, many of them come verbatim from religious (Jewish et al) law, and others inspired by it like don't murder, steal, commit adultery, etc.

When we say we're struggling with our faith, I'd think a lot of the time it's more a matter of having difficulty doing what we know God wants us to do, but because of our upbringing in a non-religious country, we're used to being able to pick and choose our religious beliefs.

Problem with that, is that over time you probably lose sight of the original form of faith God laid down for us. Those of us interested in doing what God said for us to do then go back to the texts of our faith, see the correct way, yet are so used to doing it differently, find ourselves struggling.

Another difficulty I myself share with others is sometimes just believing in God. I've managed to work around these doubts and questions by simple believing that what God is cannot be defined since doing so limits the Limitless. So when we say we don't udnerstand how "God" could even exist, that's actually perfectly normal and sensible. God is so far above our finite nature and physical bodies how can we possibly hope to understand how He could exist? But He does just as this 'verse exists though we don't understand how either (Big Bang and Inflation theories don't answer how it came to be in the first place, just what happened AFTER it came to be.)

Maybe, just maybe, God is the totality of all individual universes (see 'm-theory') and we're like individual cells making up our own bodies. A single autonomous part of a vast greater being. And just as an individual cell would be unaware of the true nature of the person it's a part of, we're all unaware and unable to see the reality of being a part of a greater whole too.

shalom716

View Profile
History
Struggling
Posted : 6 Jul, 2011 06:46 AM

Interestin concept, when comparing the body of christ to the human body, which in fact is in the word. I could see different theologies, nations, working like different organs within the body. Each organ in the system is vital to the well-being of the body. With Christ being the head and the brain, he directs the functioning of all the body systems. With each of us being a cell with in the body, we are all equally important to the overall health of the body. When invaders come, the body produces different cells to fight off the infection, similiar to the demons in the world.

When you say that G-d is not easily understood, so true as well, in fact the more we come to know him, the more he reveals different aspects of his character which is beyond the scope of our finite minds to grasp, we try hard to analyze, but fall so far short of GLORY.

:angel:

View Profile
History
Struggling
Posted : 6 Jul, 2011 06:53 AM

I'd say that not fully understanding the nature of God has to do with a line from "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" that goes like, "...There are some who say that if ever anyone came to understand the universe fully it would collapse and be replaced by an even stranger one. And there are those who say this has already happened." :)

View Profile
History
Struggling
Posted : 8 Jul, 2011 09:40 AM

Hello Jeff:

In Philthadelphia,(Philadelphia)Pa.We as believers had an interesting yet Biblical saying.

DEAD MEN AND WOMEN do not wrestle with GOD,or the things of GOD.

Gen 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

Gen 32:25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

Gen 32:26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

Gen 32:27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.

Gen 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

Gen 32:29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.

Gen 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Gen 32:31 And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.

Mr.Merciful

View Profile
History
Struggling
Posted : 8 Jul, 2011 09:18 PM

we go through some point when everything seemed so grand and its putting some impediment of the precepts of God and the laws of this world.There is so much confusion this world has to offer.The solution, to listen to God through His Word. The bible should be our map in living a victorious life. Everything is written for us, the only thing we need is to read the BIBLE, everything is there.And of course asking God for the wisdom for us to understand the complexity of this world.

View Profile
History
Struggling
Posted : 10 Jul, 2011 02:07 PM

dude,

if you are struggling, try looking outward...get some friends that you trust to hold you accountable, will listen to you about your struggle, work with you. Attempting to be a better person has its limitations...your flesh, your good works will never make you stand righteous before God.....that is why Jesus Christ had to die...we live in Grace now...look outward for some support..

View Profile
History
Struggling
Posted : 15 Jul, 2011 08:25 PM

Lovingcoman...Im sure you ment well, but actually Leanign on the ARM of FLesh is the NOT what one shoudl do when they are struggling with Faith.

If one is struggling with faith(since Faith coems fro mGOD, as does repentance, adn FEAR of Him) We ALL need to Go to Jesus. ONLY HE is who we go to in times of need. HE is our dwelling place, our Rock.

When we strugle, or when we dont belive, or when we CANT fel his presence...maybe we need to think if we EVER did, and then we need to get to the feet of th LORD adn cry out to him and ask HIM what is wrong..and tell HIM that we want t know HIM its about HIM and no other...not even our selves....humanism has played way to big of a role in following Christ, when in ALL actuallity we need to DENY SELF. SELF the Flesh, The WILL is what we give to GOD what HE breaks(Yehushuah learned through what he suffered..as do we being made into HIS likeness) Jesus wants us to be like HIM in all ways. that is a BEAUTIFUL thing. not a bad thing. PAIN is what we need, other wise we take thigns for granted and flesh and pride rear there heads.

So my friend Jeff, Keep on Going Dont ever give up and ABIDE in Christ Jesus. Seek The LORD with aLL you are, LOVE God with ALL you are. And you can begin that by humbling self(i do this daily..it IS a daily thign...we NEED to do it) And seeking the LORD in humility and pray and ask him to show himself to you, tell hi myou want to know him like never before, adn you want HIM to lead you and HIS spirit to Guide you.

I pray for you my friend. MAy The Most high Keep you and guide you. Keep your eyes on HIM alone, adn HE will bring who HE wants into your life, as YOU hav faith in him and trust HIM..becasue in the End its ALL about HIM adn we get be aprt of HIM that is the biggest gift ever. Be well. You will be in my prayers.

View Profile
History
Struggling
Posted : 16 Jul, 2011 07:26 AM

I missed the point of the thread...

We live in a wonderful country..A country of balances.

The constitution is a wonderful document...HOWEVER it is based on "democracy"...if it was not the case that the bill of rights were added we would be living in a very messed up place. The Bill of rights "balance" this country of ours.

For those of you who think America is a democracy, think again....."I pledge allegiance" to "the democracy"...NOT..

we live in a REPUBLIC folks... like Rome itself..

But think about this...Rome, as great as it was, had like this little flaw called "slavery". And folks, that is sort of the way of the world, when you live the word of God you are a very balanced person indeed..when you live in the LAW or LICENSE you are making the same mistake(S) that Rome did some 2 thousand years ago.

The problem with our country are those "fourth wheels", the administrations, as in anything that is added to the original concept, anything more than the legislative, executive, and judicial branches........no, I have not forgotten what the constitution provides for defense and so on....you know what I am talking about...

michael

View Profile
History
Struggling
Posted : 24 Aug, 2011 05:14 AM

Jeff, I do not struggle because I am a Christian and have the Lords peace. Consequently , I am not of the world--yet I am in the world-- you on the other hand are of the world therefore you are driven by the godless powers and principalities which control it.