Author Thread: Spiritual Level
Admin

Spiritual Level
Posted : 3 Aug, 2011 12:44 PM

It is important to be in a relationship with a Christian, if you are a Christian, because you both have that understanding, of the Spiritual walk with Jesus.

But every Christian is not on the same Spiritual Level, so

is it also important to be in a relationship with someone,

who is on your Spiritual Level ? Are would that even be

a Real problem being you both are equally yoked according to the Bible.

:angel:

View Profile
History
Spiritual Level
Posted : 26 Oct, 2011 09:08 PM

Brothers and sisters in Christ, let us not try to reason what is right because "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." - Prov.14:12

Let the attitude of Christ our Master be our attitude:

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." - Luke22:42

Just as God persoanlly arranged the first marriage between Adam and Eve, He will arrange yours. He might even call you to marry an unbeliever, for He is God and He knows the heart of all men and women, believer or non-believer. Who knows what future lies ahead for any man/woman except God? Even the most matured Christian may backslide in the end(God forbid), and the most sinful man/woman may become a mighty preacher in Christ who travels to the 4 corners of the earth leading millions of souls to Christ.

Therefore, let us trust and obey God. He alone knows what's best for us. Amen.

Your brother in Christ,

Ken

View Profile
History
Spiritual Level
Posted : 28 Oct, 2011 12:35 PM

The bible does not say; God calls a believer to marry a non-believer. That would definately be Unequally Yoked.

:angel:

View Profile
History
Spiritual Level
Posted : 28 Oct, 2011 09:44 PM

God is merciful,

Yes, you are right sister. Thank u for correcting me in the love of God. I apologise for that statement, I realised later that it sounded quite misguided.

What I basically tried to say was, our reasoning is not God's way of reasoning. So it is best for us to submit all our cares/desires to God in prayer.

1Samuel 16:2~13

2 ...The LORD said, �Take a heifer with you and say, �I have come to sacrifice to the LORD.�

3 Invite Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what to do. You are to anoint for me the one I indicate.�

4 Samuel did what the LORD said. When he arrived at Bethlehem, the elders of the town trembled when they met him. They asked, �Do you come in peace?�

5 Samuel replied, �Yes, in peace; I have come to sacrifice to the LORD. Consecrate yourselves and come to the sacrifice with me.� Then he consecrated Jesse and his sons and invited them to the sacrifice.

6 When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, �Surely the LORD�s anointed stands here before the LORD.�

7 But the LORD said to Samuel, �Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.�

8 Then Jesse called Abinadab and had him pass in front of Samuel. But Samuel said, �The LORD has not chosen this one either.�

9 Jesse then had Shammah pass by, but Samuel said, �Nor has the LORD chosen this one.�

10 Jesse had seven of his sons pass before Samuel, but Samuel said to him, �The LORD has not chosen these.�

11 So he asked Jesse, �Are these all the sons you have?�

�There is still the youngest,� Jesse answered. �He is tending the sheep.�

Samuel said, �Send for him; we will not sit down until he arrives.�

12 So he sent for him and had him brought in. He was glowing with health and had a fine appearance and handsome features.

Then the LORD said, �Rise and anoint him; this is the one.�

13 So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the LORD came powerfully upon David...

shineme27

View Profile
History
Spiritual Level
Posted : 16 Nov, 2011 07:54 PM

Sometimes we think, we are in 'this level' and he or she in 'that level' but I think, no one will really know or can measure his/her spiritual level. Only God know it. Sometimes this leveling make someone proud or make judgement for others.

So, I think, the most important thing is not about spiritual level to find a mate or spouse. But, to know if He or she really fear and love God by the way he lives.

God bless you :)

Page : 1 2