Author Thread: Clapton
Admin

Clapton
Posted : 17 Aug, 2011 06:25 PM

So, I recently finished reading Eric Clapton's autobiography and wow! It is so amazing to see the extremes 1 person can go to in success in music, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, bad relationships, and how God can reach beyond all that, and transform his life making him a whole and completely happy and fullfilled person completely sober and with a family that loves him. I found it extremely inspiring and if you're a wild child looking for answers or uncertain about God and Christianity or know somebody that is, I strongly recommend this book. It's not all about faith, it's about his life, but it is so amazing how deep his despair and troubles where and how it was completely turned around when he simply got on his knees and asked God to help him and how he was never let down and could deal with things he never could have before. It's also interesting to hear what was going on when songs were written, bands he was in, and other famous musicians he met and knew. His entire life experience is amazing. Again I strongly recommend it to anybody.

erik840

View Profile
History
Clapton
Posted : 31 Aug, 2011 09:48 AM

I have the book "If you love these blues" autobiography of Mike Bloomfield. Its interesting to read about certain musicians with impeccable talent and the struggles they go through with their God given talent.

View Profile
History
Clapton
Posted : 5 Sep, 2011 02:02 PM

That sounds interesting. Who's in it?

erik840

View Profile
History
Clapton
Posted : 6 Sep, 2011 08:41 AM

Guys like Paul Butterfield. Charlie Musslewhite. Bob Dylan. Bob wanted Mike Bloomfield in his band. I think even the Rolling Stones as well. Al Kooper. I guess the most recognized of some of Bloomfield's stuff was on the C.D. he did with Al Kooper and Steven Stills. Albert's Blues and Stop! both instrumentals. If you can find the book It comes with a rare C.D. of the Club he played at in Chicago. He just shreds. The first track was unbelievable. He's got the 56 goldtop cranked, too much treble lol. I can smell the amp through through my speakers. lol.

erik840

View Profile
History
Clapton
Posted : 6 Sep, 2011 08:46 AM

unfortunately Mike never found peace with himself like Clpaton but an interesting read. How he developed his skill. I believe he could run circles around Clapton in his prime. But thats my opinon. There is nobody that sounds like Mike Bloomfield. If you find the live track. "It takes time" with Nick Gravenites. You can probably find it on You Tube. He has got his 59 sunburst Les Paul on that one. He gives me chills with his playing.

erik840

View Profile
History
Clapton
Posted : 6 Sep, 2011 03:13 PM

here is the first track of CD that came with the book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXE8u_HRpls&feature=related