Author Thread: Christian Country music?
Admin

Christian Country music?
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 01:14 PM

Does anyone know some country Christian artists? I know there are a lot of country artists who sing religious songs but aren't soley Christian artists. Anyone know any out there? Much appreciated!!! Thanks

dciscokid

View Profile
History
Christian Country music?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 07:56 PM

Hi ! There are not many. I was in Nashville a few months ago and had a chat with a producer looking for writers for a "popular" country artist who wanted to sing christian music. They could not find very many songs written. I write christian rock...but used to write country in my secular days. I told him I would start to write a few.

I am thinking this could be a great market. EXCEPT....there are no radio stations that play country...willing to play them...and that there are not Christian Country stations...or very few. So who will play them ? Not sure. But needs to happen.

DJ

View Profile
History
Christian Country music?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 07:07 PM

The only one i know of is Paul Overstreet...try him. I like the song "ball and chain"

God bless!

View Profile
History
Christian Country music?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 07:27 PM

Good call on the Paul Overstreet! It's sounds pretty old school but good...reminds me of Alan Jackson.

I agree there aren't many soley Christian Country singers but there are quite a few Christian songs...know what I mean?

I would love to sing country songs for a crowd:) I tried out for Candian Idol once...lol, it was a lot of fun but no dice. haha. I guess I'll just stick to singin in my church and singin to myself all the time. lol.

The country staions out here play the religious songs from the country artisits. But I agree it would be nice to start a country Christian station. It would be nice:)

Thanks guys!

StereoTom

View Profile
History
Christian Country music?
Posted : 1 Apr, 2009 09:31 PM

The Bellamy Brothers have long been known as a secular group known for their hit Let Your Love Flow, among others... their most recent album, Jesus Is Coming, is spectacular, including a "gospel" (but not really) flavored remake of Let Your Love Flow. The first song on that cd, Drug Problem, could be a big hit in a Christian Country market.

If you go back several decades you'll find that many of the older Country artists, Johnny Cash, Eddy Arnold, Jim Reeves, Jimmy Dean, did record gospel songs, and if someone wanted to start a radio station for Christian Country music they could start with a mix of old and new, until more new stuff came along. I think there is more Christian Country out there than is let on, though....some of it becomes popular just in the Christian genre and not the Country genre though.

View Profile
History
Christian Country music?
Posted : 24 Oct, 2009 07:43 PM

There are quite a few Christian country music artists. A few that come to mind right away that have had gospel albums released recently are Connie Smith, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson and Reba's sister Susy Luchsinger. (sp). I could think of lots more if I gave myself a few more minutes. I think its a shame that christian music stations don't give country gospel singers airtime. That's why they don't make more records like this, I guess. Usually they make them to sell at their concerts only.