Author Thread: MATURE ADULTS ARE WHAT? (CHRISTIANS I MEAN)
VIVIESPASSION

View Profile
History
MATURE ADULTS ARE WHAT? (CHRISTIANS I MEAN)
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 03:34 PM

THIS IS SOMETHING THAT I'VE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT FOR A LONG TIME ANDI JUST LIKE TO GET THIS STRAIGHT AS TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT SEEING WHAT I THINK I'M SEEING.I RECENTLY CAME TO THIS SITE AS I'M ALWAYS FROM SITE TO SITE (CHRISTIAN) OF COURSE, AND THERE IS SOMETHING THAT DISTURBS ME AND I JUST LIKE TO TAKE THIS TIME TO ASK A QUESTION TO MY FELLOW CHRISTIANS.1. WHY IS IT WHEN SOMEONE POST A PROFILE AND ANOTHER MEMBER ANSWER IT AND IN RESPONSE THERE IS NO RESPONSE FROM THE MEMBER THAT YOU ARE RECIPROCAL TO WHAT DO YOU DO (DUH) ?? 2. DO YOU HAVE A HARD TIME BELIEVING IT WHEN SOMEONE TELLS YOU THAT THEY ARE A CHRISTIAN AND YOU LOOK AT THE PROFILE AND THEY LIKE WHAT? OF COURSE I'M NOT HERE TO BEAT UP ON ANYONE BUT THAT ADADGE THAT SAYS {IFYOU CAN'T WALK THE WALK DON'T TALK THE TALK}3. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THOSE PEOPLE THAT KNOWS WHAT IS IT TO BE CHRISTIAN AND JUST SERVE GOD FOR WHOM HE IS AND NOT FOR WHAT HE COULD GIVE US..........THERE IT GOES, WE ALWAYS WANT THOSE MATERIAL THINGS AND NOT GODS' GIFTS THAT CAN HELP ALL MANKIND AND THE BODY OF CHRIST (THE CHURCH). YOU DIDN'T FORGET ABOUT "THE" BODY DID YOU? NOT ONLY IS IT AN ORGANIZATION BUT AN ORGANISM {MENNONITE SOCIETY. THIS SOCIETY WROTE ABOOK IN 1928 AND ITS FIRST EDITION WAS PRINTED IN 1914."THE DOCTRINES OF THE BIBLE" THE BOOK HOWEVER IS OLD BUT GODS PRINCIPLES, STATUES, CONCEPTS , AND ORDINANCES SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING DOSES NOT CHANGE. TODAY'S GOSPEL JUST LIKE SOME CHRISTIANS ARE "WATERED DOWN" THIS HURTS ME BECAUSE I GREW UP BELIEVING THAT SAINTS ARE WHAT THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY PROFESS TO BE. NOWADAYS ITS THE GLAMOUR AND THE TITTLES AND ALL THE GRANDEIOSE GLORY OF VANITY AND PRIDE, WHERE IS LOVE? THE LOVE THAT I'M TALKING ABOUT IS GOD. THE BIBLE SAYS THAT GOD IS LOVE. WHERE IS THAT LOVE BETWEEN SAINTS ; SISTER AND BRETHERN? I CAN TAKE A LOT OF THINGS BECAUSE I HAVE TO, BUT ONE THING THAT I DETEST IS HYPOCRISY, ITS SUCH A SHAME, MY GOD IT HURTS US THAT ARE REALLY WHAT WE SAY WE ARE BY GOD'S LAW AND ORDINANCESI PRAY THAT WE WILL FIRST AND FOREMOST START TREATING HIM LIKE HE ASK TO BE TREATED AND THEN ALL PEOPLE WHETHER THEY ARE SAVED OR NOT.I JUST WISH FOR A CHANGE THE PEOPLE THAT ARE AT AN AGE IN THEIR LIFE WHERE THEY WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE LEARNED BY NOW WOULD BE REAL AND STOP USING GOD AS THOUGH HE WAS A COVERUP FOR THEM BEING WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING.ONE OF THE EASIEST THING THERE IS TO DO IS LOVE..IT IS SO EASY, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PRETEND BUT JUST BE YOURSELF AND I BELIEVE PEOPLE WILL RESPECT EACH OTHER IF ONE WOULD BE UP FRONT WITH THEM. :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 08:09 AM

Mornin Darlin...

May I first say that the use of all caps does make your questiona bit bit hard to read ~ no offense intended.

But will try and address a couple of points you made. First regarding the no response thing. I too have gotten that (and from people who you know have read your message). Though I can't answer for 'why' they don't bother to reply ~ I do try and make sure I don't treat someone else likewise. Sometimes, like when I've not been online for a while, I'm afraid I may have forgotten to do so (and since the dating site I use allows me to reply either from my email or their site ~ it can be a little confusing). But I make every effort to give some sort of reply to anyone who takes the time to write.

You also mentioned 'hypocrisy'. This too is something I worry about within myself. We do represent Him...and can't say that I always do so in a manner which I'm proud of. Usually, if I'm aware of having caused some offense ~ I'll pray that God will protect 'them' from my actions being a stumbling block. Still, I'm far from perfect ~ not an excuse, just an admission.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jan, 2009 02:37 AM

Hi there,

I sympathize with your situation, but something that you must also be willing to accept is that this site is not called, "Christian Fellowship For Free", it is called Christian DATING For Free. If I ask a girl out on a date, and she kindly declines, is she living in sin? Is she not being a loving sister? The area of courtship or dating is one of preference. This website is dedicated to Christians who are looking specifically to date. If a man sees your profile, sees your message, and is for some reason not interested in considering DATING you, then he might decline to respond. This does not mean that he is not a loving brother, because this is not a church service, or a Christian gathering, but it is a place that men and women come to find maybe one person that they can talk to about dating or finding a mate. So, although I agree with you that it is only kind to respond to everyone who sends a message, the fact of the matter is that the purpose of this site is to help people romantically, not in normal Christian fellowship. If you are hungering for Christian fellowship, it is much better anyway to have it within your local community or church where you can be with the people physically.

You can feel free to write me as much as you want :glow: ; I'll always answer you!

Just a note on the caps--putting all your writing in capital letters. I believe the only message I ever purposely did NOT answer was one that had all caps. I have experienced a lot of fraud attempts and the criminals tend to use all caps. I know that you use them probably because of being from a foreign country and you don't see why most people online do not like it, but in general it is viewed as YELLING or SCREAMING and this alone might explain why some people have not responded to you.

I wish you the best in the Lord,

David