Author Thread: Sexploitation in the media!!
Admin

Sexploitation in the media!!
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 01:57 AM

I am so SICK of the way women are presenting themselves on television and movies just to make some money. The media is becoming trashier by the second. I am trying to raise two teenage daughters in this mess. Even some of the commercials out there are just inappropriate period. There really needs to be some strong christian teen shows that show a more healthy and positive way for these kids. Well--what are your thoughts, suggestions???? :waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 03:05 PM

You are so right on!! I can't even sit down and watch a night of TV with my 12 yr old daughter without hearing and seeing sexual content. It is so sad!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 03:11 PM

Amen to both of you. Even the cartoons are inappropriate, I caught my niece watching one that was openly talking about sex and homosexuality.

We as Christians, have to realize that being meek does not mean being a push over. We have to stand for right. I promise that if we refuse to watch those things, they will not put them on the air.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 05:01 AM

It's something I've noticed as well, especially in the last 1.5 decades or so.. human sexuality being used to market and sell practically everything. And then there is Horrorwood, Californication glorifying every unGodly act imaginable that people will actually pay for.

It's one reason I do not watch tv. If you can see the tv as an item purely 100% for entertainment purposes only rather than actual true information(outside of TBN and other theocentric stations) then you're probably ahead of the pack.

I'd equate something similar for men that may help for the guys.. women dress to captivate your attention.. if any of you (men/guys/dudes) struggle with weakness in this area.. implement a little self discipline and avoid the fiery darts from below by diverting your eyes to another beautiful creation of God... nature;the trees, the skies, and the heavens in which clearly He can be seen.

The combination of moral relativism and 2009 equals an 'anything goes' society. Semantics and spin doctors cannot hide wickedness.

God bless you all, stand firm for the Lord! :waving:

positive43

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 03:43 PM

Hey Arwh,

Got your wink'

I think you are Areel funny woman.

Anyway, I just wanted to comment on your post.

You have a point. I Agree with you.

I would also like to present what is going on today under the diguise of "Diversity". As long as you go along with "them"

you are Diverse but if you oppose it you are considered

judgemental and predjudice. This not an new idea" tolorence"

I believe that this has been done with past societies and they were gutted from the inside out eg. Rome .

O.K. thats to you Arwh, your good.:glow:

Jay

ophelia72

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 11:41 AM

I teach high school in an extremely rural area. I was teaching rhetoric during the first part of the year and wanted to use commercials. We had a huge discussion in class about commercials and it was unanimous in thought. We, my students and me, believe that sex is what sells a product. I found a Hardees Cheeseburger commercial with that very beautiful chef from Foodnetwork. I asked my students what are the "trying" to sell here? They had some very interesting answers, but all agreed that the company was using sex to sell even cheeseburgers.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2010 07:45 PM

I know-right! Shampoo, food, perfume, clothing, cars-you name it, the media will use sexuality to sell it. The sad thing is that children from a very young age become so desensitized to it they aren't even aware fully of the impact it can have on them. I just think it's insane!!

sherrys

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Oct, 2010 09:55 AM

When I was a child I remember the controversy over Ellen Degeneres having the first lesbian kiss on television. It was horrifying to not just the ultra conservative Americans, but there was a universal shock. Now it is difficult to find a show where one of the main characters is not in a homosexual relationship. The worst those is the teen shows GLEE, that are specifically geared to teens but are so overt in their sexuality. MTV no longer shows sexy music videos now they air reality tv shows encouraging parental disrespect, teen pregnancy, and "Jersey Shore" that would have to be classified under pure stupidity.