Author Thread: Compromise...
Admin

Compromise...
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 07:10 PM

Listened to a song tonight that really spoke to me ~ perhaps it will to some of you as well. Called 'By Your Side' by 'Tenth Avenue North'. Just google it on You tube.

For some reason it made me think about compromise. Lotta pressure put on us Christian ladies, by so-called like-minded men, to do just that. Has made me think ~ would I compromise what I believe (mainly regarding intimacy) for the 'right' man.

Occurred to me that if he 'is' the right man ~ I'm not gonna have too. He won't want me to do so.

View Profile
History
Compromise...
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 09:49 PM

Sister Lydia ~ you do seem to get the point I was trying to make. Perhaps for those who didn't I just wasn't clear enough...sorry!

The norm in my dating seems to be for the man to bring up wanting complete intimacy ~ and he does this on the first or second date. Main reason why I don't have many third dates. I do make it clear that's not what's happening with me ~ and don't put myself in such a position that temptation is going to allow for it (though there are times when I may wish I could sin without consequences ~ that's not the way it works).

And if you're wondering who these guys are ~ they're the ones that claim to be strong in their faith...they truly seem to think there's nothing wrong in what they want (or even in trying to encourage me to do what I know is wrong). Have you come across some of them too?

My prayers for discernment in this area have increased ~ as well as asking God to close the wrong doors before they're even opened...

View Profile
History
Compromise...
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 05:52 AM

My sister,

Yes, in fact I met someone last year who said that he totally respected my beliefs on waiting for marriage. He also is an ordained minister. But the first day that we met he tried to get me to sin sexually. Looking back on it, I should have known by the the content of some of his conversations. I blame no one but myself. May God give us wisdom and discernment in this area and strengthen us not to compromise.

God bless, Lydia

Page : 1 2