Author Thread: Importantce of Sharing a faith
Lisamk

View Profile
History
Importantce of Sharing a faith
Posted : 31 Aug, 2011 03:18 AM

Ok, I can say from experience that this is extremely important.

Just quickly this is my story. I have a friend, we were a perfect match, or so we thought. We had the same hobbies, interests, morals, direction in life, and we thought the world of each other. After 2 years of dating we decided to get engaged. As the year went on I went through a rough patch spiritually, stuff was happening and I had no idea what to do. He wasn't a Christian, it tore us apart, we realised that no matter how well we get on or how much we love each other if we are not on the same page spiritually it will not work. so we separated and are still friends, though we don't talk very much as we have gone our separate ways. Since then I will on ever consider Christian guys.

:rocknroll:

I guess my question is, How important is a potential partners faith to you and why?

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Sep, 2011 01:49 PM

I think you about wrapped it up, sister. When the rains come down is the most obvious time you notice the difference. Important life decisions, and how to raise children also come into play.

It would be like working on building a house together... only your date/girlorboyfriend/spouse never intends to move in. Umm... what then?

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Sep, 2011 10:04 AM

The �Building the House� Analogy is a Good One�but it is more like:

One is Building their House with Quality Materials and is Building it to The Highest Standards�while the other is using sub-grade materials and is Building his house using sub-standards.

When a Hurricane comes�The House Built to THE HIGHEST STANDARDS with withstand The Winds�while the other man�s house Will Not and come crashing down on him and Kill him.

A True Team has to Work Together�using the Same Plans and the same Book�or their Results will be Chaos and of SubStandard Quality.

Tell your Non-Christian Friends about Your Faith. SHOW them Your Faith�but do not �YOKE� yourself with Unbelievers. For if you do�one will �Pull� this way�and the other will �Pull� in the Opposite Direction.

Make Sense?

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Sep, 2011 11:59 AM

I agree Arche, but take it a step further...

If you are yoking yourself to them, your well built house is intrinsicly attached to their sub-standard house. So when the hurricane blows and their 'side' is blown down, you will become broken (though still standing) in the process, damaged and torn at the edges.

Best not to build together to begin with!

:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2011 03:12 PM

maybe you two were just unequaly yoked some one has less faith than the other so ur standing higher than ur freind hes standing lower than you ur going to have lots of disagreements about lots of things and that may end up into arguing alot. thats the best i got for ya.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2011 03:16 PM

also to add to that you were the spirtal leader since you say he wasnt a christion you probly should have stuck it out with him and agreed that you guys just simple didnt agree. then maybe later in life he would have been saved who knows every thing happens for a reason maybe god was saying it wasnt going to work out.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2011 06:18 PM

Also - if you date someone who doesn't quite hold God in the same place as you do (first!!) then they may feel like they're getting jipped somehow because they're putting you first and you are putting God first. And there's always the hope that they'll grow spiritually closer, and when they dont.... people can feel when there is something expected of them and they aren't quite meeting it. Not good for either person really.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2011 01:14 PM

In my experience,listen to the word of God..Be ye not unequally yoked..and seperate youtselves from nonbelievers. I have got a little wisdom from making the wrong choices. The thinking you can show them to thinking God will change them ..I now,have decided to just listen to the word and save myself a lot of pain. God bless us all with our spiritual mate...