Author Thread: twilight
evona

View Profile
History
twilight
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 05:58 PM

WHAT IS ALL THE FUSS ABOUT THIS MOVIE?

WHY ARE PEOPLE GETTING "ADDICTED" TO IT?

HAVE NOT SEEN IT BUT HEAR A LOT OF IT LATELY

BARBARA ANN

View Profile
History
twilight
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 09:43 PM

Hey Evona,

Don't worry I have'nt seen it either. My Brother always kids me that by the time I get to see a movie that everyone has to see and are talking about....It will be out on D.V.D.(Ha,Ha).

Godbless,

Arlena

View Profile
History
twilight
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 09:47 PM

Sorry,Barbara I did not get to read your name on your post until after I posted a reply. Is it Barbara? or Barbara ann...?

Godbless,

Arlena

View Profile
History
twilight
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 09:47 PM

Sorry,Barbara I did not get to read your name on your post until after I posted a reply. Is it Barbara? or Barbara ann...?

Godbless,

Arlena

ladystorm

View Profile
History
twilight
Posted : 9 Feb, 2009 11:20 AM

I don't know what the hype is because I have seen the movie and read the book and to me they were both boring.

View Profile
History
twilight
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 05:50 PM

i think the craze is that edward is portrayed as this perfect being. all he wants is bella. there is noone else in this WORLD for him. he loves her more than anything...& he really is the perfect man that a girl could only dream of (be honest, there's no perfect man. haha). & so i think its kind of this lust for him, in a sense. i know that when i read it, i became completely in love with the character of edward. he's just wonderful.

the movie...they could have done SO much better than they did...it was kind of sad because the first book really is good (cant say that about the following ones) & then they just did a cheap movie with mediocre acting, so it was a dissapointment.

View Profile
History
twilight
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 09:42 PM

I'm reading the book right now, and it's very interesting so far. I haven't actually seen the movie yet, but I might rent it after I'm done with the book.

View Profile
History
twilight
Posted : 3 Apr, 2009 08:10 PM

I watched the movie, and I thought it was kind of lame. I'm not saying that because I'm a guy who assumes all chick flicks are lame, because I do like many chick flicks, but just because it didn't seem to be all that great of a story. Maybe if I'd read the book first it might have been better but I wasn't impressed. For instance, Bella appears to become really good friends with some people at her new school but she rarely talks to them and when she does talk to them she acts cold, but somehow she is magically their best friend. That's just one example of things that seemed kind of odd to me.

View Profile
History
twilight
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 03:15 AM

There has been a Biblical study on this by a brother of mine, and Twilight is highly occultic. The cover of the book is depicted to emulate when Eve gave Adam the apple, and the series promotes death and vampirism. Remember, Lucifer comes as an angel of light. The author of this book series said that she got the idea in a dream. It sounds a lot like these musicians who have felt as if they were being channeled by another being, and the song's lyrics just "came to them". This is much darker than Harry Potter, and I wouldn't advise anyone to let their children watch it.

LonelyEyesOnly

View Profile
History
twilight
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 07:16 AM

But Stephenie Meyer is a Christian isn't she?

I liked the book and the movie and even though it is about vampires and stuff I don't think it's that bad.

Then again I liked Harry Potter as well and never really got what's supposed to be so bad about that:angel:

View Profile
History
twilight
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 05:59 PM

people attacked the potter books when they were new also. maybe this is just another example of the attacker attacking a book he or she has not read.

Page : 1 2