Author Thread: My Friend, My King (Jhons Vision Our Hope Of Heaven) By Calvin Miller
Admin

My Friend, My King (Jhons Vision Our Hope Of Heaven) By Calvin Miller
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 04:24 PM

Anyone out there who read this book? Any thoughts?

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 06:28 PM

"When the singing subsided and things were quiet once again, the Son of God continued walking through the vast sea of the reedeemed. He came upon a child standing along the side of the road. She was eyeing Him quietly as she stood there between a peaceable lion and a small white lamb.

The child leaned on the lamb as if it were a crutch.

Jesus smiled at the girl and leaned toward her.

He reached out and stroked the lions mane and then knelt down in front of the child.

He looked at her warmly. He did'nt appear to say anything in words, and yet it was clear that the child understood Him.

"Though you walked with great diffuculty through your earthly life, you are now free. Come with me and enter the great city where you'll never again need a crutch.

He took her into His strong arms and began to carry her so that she could survey her position above the heads of the people around her.

Jesus felt her Joy and embaced her. He smiled at her and she smiled back. He carried her aways towards the city then let her down to walk on her strong legs.

The lion and the lamb continued to walk beside them.....

Exerpt from Calvin Millers book My Friend,My King

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 06:49 PM

That is quite beautiful. It paints an amazing picture in my mind of the new Heavens and especially the new earth. Where we will once again walk with our God in the cool of the evening. Praise God!

Thank you for sharing that with us.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 07:26 PM

That book is one of my favorites, because it illustrates how we will one day go beyond the bonds of our human frailty and be transformed into perfection.

My son has a nueroligical disorder and evertime I read that passage , I am deeply moved into tears.

I am believing that he will place the right doctor in my sons path that will give him the right alternative treatment so that my son will be healed.

Thank you Brother and Godbless,

Arlena

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 07:26 PM

That book is one of my favorites, because it illustrates how we will one day go beyond the bonds of our human frailty and be transformed into perfection.

My son has a nueroligical disorder and evertime I read that passage , I am deeply moved into tears.

I am believing that he will place the right doctor in my sons path that will give him the right alternative treatment so that my son will be healed.

Thank you Brother and Godbless,

Arlena