Author Thread: Abused Kid...
Admin

Abused Kid...
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 08:08 PM

My daughter brought a young boy home from school with her yesterday (both kids are 15), and I reluctantly agreed to allow him to spend the night (he's not a boyfriend). Got suspicious something was wrong today, and found out the kid (Darien) had run away from home.

When I said that I had to call his parents, he became terrified...turns out he's been abused (hit and pretty much starved ~ he's 5'7...weighs 100 lbs (I checked)...and my daug...just a t-shirthter shared that he always has to beg his friends for lunch at school).

Well, I had to do something ~ so told him I'd call CPS to investigate, and also tell them that he could stay with me until they did.

CPS said that someone would call me within 72 hours. Darien was relieved that he'd have a little time and could stay with me until they called (kid have been scared to bits, and threatened to hurt himself if taken from my home).

Not much more than an hour later police officers are at my door ~ and with guns drawn were up my stairs. Ordered Darien to stand and be frisked like a criminal, then hand-cuffed him (telling me that's how all runaways were treated). They quickly were on the way out my door with the kid not even having on shoes or coat/sweater...just a t-shirt (and it's 'cold' here. Only at my pleading and tears did they at least allow my daughter to retrieve shoes and a coat for him.

Police later called me about picking up all of his other belongings, and are due here between 11-11:30 tonight, to pick up his other belongings. Of course they will give me 'no' information about Darien's well-being or location.

Please pray for him.

A side note ~ my daughter keeps rescuing these 'wounded chicks' and bringing them to me...have a sweet 17 year old now living with us, who was kicked out of her home...so she's here until graduation in May (at least). Fortunately her parents are in agreement to her living at my house, so she's been spared quite as much trauma...but still...... There have been others, and I think God's getting it through to me that as imperfect as I may see myself ~ he wants to use me to help these kids.

View Profile
History
Abused Kid...
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 08:15 PM

Sorry about the typo's. I really do need to start reading my message before posting it!

View Profile
History
Abused Kid...
Posted : 3 Feb, 2009 06:50 AM

Rose,

My heart and prayers go out to Darien, and all abused children in our society all over the world. And I thank God you acted responsibly by calling the proper authorities for him. Sorry, to hear the police officers didn't act appropriately when they came to pick him up, but you win some and lose some. lol...

I would also suggest that you tell you daughter to please notify you as to when she invites these kids to your house to sleep over, because its not only for your safety, but for hers as well. Plus, you are the adult and parent therefore, I would think that your daughter should respect your authority as head of your house, and ask permission before she invites anyone to stay at your house. You never know what these kids have done and although I would pray not, but there is a risk that she could bring home someone who is running away from home and a crime, or be involved with drugs, and could be found at your house... I'm just saying.

My God always protect you and your daughter, as you continue to do the right things by calling the parents and proper authorities who will take these kids to a safe place. God's love and care be with Darien and the young girl that is now living with you.

ella