Author Thread: Why I Don't Believe in 'Speaking in Tongues'...Continued ~
Admin

Why I Don't Believe in 'Speaking in Tongues'...Continued ~
Posted : 3 Nov, 2011 04:09 PM

elishabroadway shared ~ �I will say again read corinthians 14:2 then someone reply and address that scripture.. thank you�

*** After reading the verse in context I believe the �Unknown Tongue� is a Language only known to Father GOD and the Holy Spirit�some say it�s the Language of �Angels��I included the break down of Key words in the verse from Strongs Lexicon for concideration and a fuller understanding for those that like to read...And I�d like to state�I �Believe� in speaking in Tongues�Be Blessed�xo

1 Cor 14:2 ~ For he that speaketh in an [ unknown tongue ] speaketh not unto men, but unto ( God:) for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the [ spirit ] he speaketh [ mysteries. ]

Unknown Tongue ~ glōssa G1100

1) the tongue, a member of the body, an organ of speech

2) a tongue

a) the language or dialect used by a particular people distinct from that of other nations

Spirit ~ pneuma ~ G4151

1) the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son

a) sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the "Holy" Spirit)

b) sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of "Truth")

c) never referred to as a depersonalised force

2) the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated

a) the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides

b) the soul

3) a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting

a) a life giving spirit

b) a human soul that has left the body

c) a spirit higher than man but lower than God, i.e. an angel

1) used of demons, or evil spirits, who were conceived as inhabiting the bodies of men

2) the spiritual nature of Christ, higher than the highest angels and equal to God, the divine nature of Christ

4) the disposition or influence which fills and governs the soul of any one

a) the efficient source of any power, affection, emotion, desire, etc.

5) a movement of air (a gentle blast)

a) of the wind, hence the wind itself

b) breath of nostrils or mouth

Mysteries ~ mystērion G3466

1) hidden thing, secret, mystery

a) generally mysteries, religious secrets, confided only to the initiated and not to ordinary mortals

b) a hidden or secret thing, not obvious to the understanding

c) a hidden purpose or counsel

1) secret will

a) of men

b) of God: the secret counsels which govern God in dealing with the righteous, which are hidden from ungodly and wicked men but plain to the godly

2) in rabbinic writings, it denotes the mystic or hidden sense

a) of an OT saying

b) of an image or form seen in a vision

c) of a dream

GOD ROCKS...:yay:...:peace:...:bouncy:....xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2011 08:29 PM

NT- I Corn. 14 chpt kjv

The Bible teaches on Tongues. It is evident in the Church today! If you do not believe, then it still is the Word of

God. And the Word of God is Always truth.

:applause:

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2011 09:17 PM

I really dont see how you addressed anything at all, that scripture is as plain as day

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2011 10:41 PM

HA your i agreement, I aplgize I was a little perplexed thank you, noone (that diagrees) has adressed it yet i am still waiting.... God Bess

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2011 05:38 AM

Lady,

you didnt get what we have discussed here.

You are talking about healing by the laying on of hands.

I prayed about a Muslim man laying on him my hands and God healed him.

There are many manifestations of the Holy Spirit who dwells in believers in the God Jesus.

That's why He gives us many gifts.

So many gifts that I even cannt count then here right now.

The tongues is just one of the them!!!!!

Re-red the Scripture to see it.

We all agree that it is possible that people speak today in the tongues. But we have not met such people yet. What we see in our Churches is just crazy barking. And this barking cannt be the language of the Holy Spirit. Check thread I posted for you a link where you can see such barking.

So, what I say: those who bark will be judged by God. Because they allowed themselves to be deceived by other 'christians' and they deceive other people. God does not bark because the Holy Spirit is not dog!!!!

God will start the judgment from the House of God.

One of my friends was among them for many years and even until today he cannt get free from madness which he saw there and did with them!!!

Do you want to see what demons make in the so-called christian churches?

Look at it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCeVZ6e2T0E&playnext=1&list=PL8168824CFFFA8FFF

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2011 08:27 AM

I did get what was being said, your the one who dont get it. I watched the video and i agree its demonic I also agree its at leas 25 years old and my question to you bahira is this since you say that peope can speak in tounges but "we have not met these people" have you met everyone in the world? also just because this particular church has been decived that doesnt mean every one who claims they speak in tounges has been, so what you are saying basicly is that God created a gift something to give us this gift of a prayer language but he is withholding it... till when exactly do you think he is withholding it? Paul spoke in tounges, either you believe in cesation or believe in the present day gifts, I dont really understand what your saying I ask you again to please read cor14:2 and then adress the subject as I watched your video as you asked, I said in an earlier post that satan has his counterfits (a statement that you plagerized in your very next post) what you left out was in he is counterfiting it then that means there is an original right?