Author Thread: Tthe Holy Spirit is God
Admin

Tthe Holy Spirit is God
Posted : 4 Nov, 2011 07:58 AM

The Work of the Holy Spirit in the World & the Believer

William Randolph Hearst was one of the wealthiest men in the world. A passionate collector of fine art, one day he was pouring through a catalog of fine and rare paintings, and he came upon a piece he just had to have. So he instructed his purchasing agent to do whatever it took to find it. After a long and difficult search, the man found it�in Hearst's own collection! He already possessed the painting, but he had so much in his collection, he didn't even know it was there.

Spiritually speaking, many of us are like Mr. Hearst. We do not know all that the Holy Spirit has done for us now that we have committed our lives to Jesus Christ. As a result, we live as "spiritual paupers" in this life, never realizing how "rich" we are in Christ. It's much like living below the poverty level when you actually have $10 million in your checking account.

In this study, we will look at the work of the Holy Spirit in the world and in the life of the believer.

A. The Work of the Holy Spirit in the World

Read John 16:7-11;13-15.

1. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin (vv. 8-9).

The Holy Spirit convicts, or convinces, the world of sin by producing in people a sense of guilt and wrongdoing. He uses this conviction to cause nonbelievers to see their need for Jesus Christ. Some well-meaning but misguided believers turn to �pressure tactics� to lead someone to the Lord. Yet, we can actually hinder the process of conversion when we interfere with the Holy Spirit's work in this way. Only the Holy Spirit can prepare a person's heart for conversion.

What happens to those who resist the Holy Spirit's conviction?

We often hear that �good people� go to heaven while �bad people� go to hell. Yet, this passage dearly shows that "goodness" and "badness" is not the determining factor.

A person's eternal destiny is not so much a sin question as it is the Son question.

The worst possible sin is to ignore the Holy Spirit's conviction and to refuse to believe in Jesus (v. 9). Once we have heard the gospel, knowledge brings responsibility. Jesus said,

"If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin" (John l 5:22).

The Holy Spirit will convict a person only so long. When a person no longer feels any guilt or remorse for his or her sin, it is an indication that this person is no longer under the Spirit's conviction. By refusing to believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, this individual is calling the Holy Spirit a liar, and he stands condemned (John 3:36; 1 John 5:l0).

2. The Holy Spirit convinces the world of righteousness (v. 10).

Before a person can totally appreciate the incredible love of God, he must first see his utter depravity and desperate need for a Savior. To the proud, self-confident person who thinks that he does not need Jesus, the Holy Spirit comes with His convicting, convincing power and sets him straight. Our own "righteousness" will never meet up to God's requirements (Matthew 5:20). Without Christ, the Holy Spirit shows us that we are "unrighteous," and therefore unable to "inherit the Kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9).

3. The Holy Spirit convinces the world of judgment (v. 11).

Jesus is not speaking of some future judgment, but of a judgment that has already taken place. The "Prince of this world" (Satan) was judged when Jesus went to the cross of Calvary and died in our place. Satan essentially lost the power he had over us to force us to do what was against God. The Holy Spirit wants us to be aware of this great truth.

4. The Holy Spirit stops the wholesale spread of evil (2 Thessalonians 2:7).

You might say that the Holy Spirit "keeps a lid on things." His work through the Church is a restraining force in the world today. While we see an escalation in wanton, senseless violence and an increasing disregard for human life, it is nothing compared to what the world will see in the last days when Jesus takes His Church out of this world.

"For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the One who now holds it back will continue to do so till He is taken out of the way" (2 Thessalonians 2:7).

Once the Holy Spirit's unique work through the Church ceases (He will still work but not quite in the way we see it now), and no longer restrains evil, the powers of darkness will take over.

How does the Holy Spirit use believers to restrain evil?

Believers act as "salt."

Jesus said, "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men" (Matthew 5:13).

Salt was a preservative in ancient times. To be "salt" means to stand up for what is right and true and to stop the rampant spread of evil in our culture.

Believers act as "light."

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:16).

To be light means to be a witness to others through the good works that we do, to glorify God. It is also to let others know of our faith in Jesus Christ. The proclamation of the gospel is the most effective defensive and offensive weapon in our spiritual arsenal.

B. The Work of the Holy Spirit in the Believer

1. The Holy Spirit brings about the work of conversion (John 3:5; 6:63).

As part of the wonderful process of conversion, the Holy Spirit personally gives us the assurance that Jesus Christ has come into our lives (Romans 8:16), and He indwells us, taking up residence in our hearts (l Corinthians 3:16).

2. The Holy Spirit seals us (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Scripture tells us that once we believed in Christ, we "were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" (Ephesians l:l3). This description alludes to the royal seal of a king used in ancient times. Anything stamped with the king's seal signified a unique mark of ownership. In the same way, God has put His "royal seal" upon us: the presence and work of the Holy Spirit in our hearts and lives.

When the devil comes to make havoc of our lives, he is stopped cold by that seal of ownership.

The Holy Spirit is also called the "deposit guaranteeing our inheritance" (Ephesians 1:l4). Much like putting money down to "hold" a piece of merchandise until you can make full payment, God gives us the deposit�or down payment �of the Holy Spirit to show that He means business! He guarantees our future inheritance: eternal life in heaven with Him.

3. The Holy Spirit teaches us (John 14:26).

As we read and study Scripture, the Holy Spirit can give us incredible insights into what God's Word says and means to us today. While some passages can be difficult to grasp, the same Holy Spirit who inspired the Scripture can illuminate its words for our benefit (l Corinthians 2:13). He may also bring verses to mind when you are ministering to a fellow believer, giving that person a greater understanding of the Bible.

4. The Holy Spirit helps us to pray (Romans 8:26-27).

Many times we are disappointed when God does not answer our prayers the way that we want. Some will even abandon their relationship with Him and give up altogether. Perhaps we do not understand the true objective of prayer:

Prayer is not a means by which you change the mind or will of God�it is a means by which God changes you!

True prayer moves in a cycle:

It begins in the heart of God, with His purposes and desires;

God then places those desires in your heart;

Then you express those desires back to God in prayer.

As God's Word says, "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). Your prayer life will become more in tune with God's will the more that you abide in Him and allow His Holy Spirit to be at home in your heart (John 1 5:7). And for those times when you don't know how to pray-when all you can do is utter a simple groan-the Holy Spirit will intercede on your behalf (Romans 8:26).

Just think, the Holy Spirit has converted, assured and sealed you, all the while continuing to teach you and help you in your prayers. So rejoice! Your "spiritual checking account" is more full than you may have thought.

By Greg Laury

View Profile
History
Tthe Holy Spirit is God
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 06:32 AM

Lady, I see that you didnt get what I meant by saying that:

"You should GET RID of your demons TURNING your heart to God, repenting and asking Him to forgive your sins and connections with demons. Then you will be FREE."

Explanation: I am talking not to you 'lady' here in this Forum but to every one. If you bark and say that God speaks in you then these words are addressed to everyone who barks:

"You should GET RID of your demons TURNING your heart to God, repenting and asking Him to forgive your sins and connections with demons. Then you will be FREE."

Lady, do you bark? You said no. Then what is the problem? Again:

I even not though about you addressing to everyone here.

Again: God does not bark. He is not dog!!! Then who does bark in you (if you are barking)? Again, lady, by saying that I even do not think about you but address to everyone.

:ROFL:

View Profile
History
Tthe Holy Spirit is God
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 06:37 AM

Lady, do you bark? You said no. Then what is the problem? Again:

I even not thought about you addressing to everyone here.

Again: God does not bark. He is not dog!!! Then who does bark in you (if you are barking)? Again, lady, by saying that I even do not think about you but address to everyone.

View Profile
History
Tthe Holy Spirit is God
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 06:49 AM

Well Bahira quit talking about dogs you are the only bring it up, it is you that is desiring to hinder the lord by your kennel club.

View Profile
History
Tthe Holy Spirit is God
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 06:57 AM

Jesus is taking about dogs in the Bible and I say about he same dogs.

View Profile
History
Tthe Holy Spirit is God
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 07:01 AM

Brothers,

I want to show you that elishabroadway sinned again me and she needs to repent of her sin.

She said in the thread the Holy Spirit is God the following:

elishabroadway

Tthe Holy Spirit is God

Posted : 4 Nov, 2011 07:05 PM

"You should GET RID of your demons TURNING your heart to God, repenting and asking Him to forgive your sins and connections with demons. Then you will be FREE.

the above is a comment I pasted from a reply that bahira made to me in the thread "why I dont believe in speaking in tounges" if anyone thinks I am a liar go read it for yourself, this is just one sentence out of an entire page she wrote adressing me as oin the beging of her post it said "Lady" so again bahira you acused me of being demon possesd , I said I speak in tounges and I do, but you call it barking you make no distintion between true believers who are spirit filled and speak in tounges and the "barkers" in that 25 or 30 year old video you keep refering to, I am not a barker but I do speak in tounges... so I am going to ask you point blank, do you or do you not think that every one who claims to speak in tounges that is spoken of in corinthians 14:2 are demon possed or controled by demons, just answer that one question please "

I say that this lady committed a sin of lie against me. I call her to repentance, I called her many times to repent but she does not want to listen to me and she continues to insult me.

Here is what I said to every one and not to her. Here you can see that I copied two messages in the thread below addressing to her in the beginning and then to all "brothers":

( Why do I say her sin? Because hatred is sin what she said is sin. It is called lie. Liars will never inherit the Kingdom of God. So to stop her, I say her sin calling her to repentance and love. If she will continue to insult me or Donna, let's block her guys and Phil John too. Because I am sure we have enough his insults to stop him from insulting us.)

View Profile

History

Why I Don't Believe in 'Speaking in Tongues'.........

Posted : 3 Nov, 2011 09:50 AM

I want to explain you lady what I mean by saying that God does not bark!!!!!

One of my friends was among them for many years and even until today he cannt get free from madness which he saw there and did with them!!!

Do you want to see what demons make in the so-called christian churches?

Look at it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCeVZ6e2T0E&playnext=1&list=PL8168824CFFFA8FFF

I am called by my God to speak about such madness in the churches to show them what demons do among them and reasons why they all will get to the lake of Fire after their Judgment!

There will be a great FALLING AWAY {THE GREAT APOSTASY} at the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

And we are able to see it in so-called christian churches and among fake-christians/so-called-christians/ self-born christians!

God does not call us to be unreasonable and mad! The christian faith is reasonable. There is NO madness in our God and there should be no madness in His sons!

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy . . . having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

� 2 Timothy 3:1�2, 5

An oxymoron basically is a figure of speech that combines contradictory terms, like "jumbo shrimp," "virtual reality," "friendly fire," and "found missing." Then there is one of my favorites: "fresh frozen." You might go into a restaurant and ask, "Is this fish fresh?"

"It is fresh frozen," the server will say.

"Well, is it fresh?" you will ask again.

"It is fresh frozen." Why don't they just tell you that it is old?

Then there are other classic oxymorons, like "exact estimate" and "airline food." We can add "genuine imitation" to that list as well.

The idea of genuine imitation is what Jesus conveys in a story known as the Parable of the Wheat and the Tares. Prior to Jesus' return, the devil effectively will flood the market with cheap imitations of the real thing. In fact, there will be so many genuine imitations that people will have a difficult time distinguishing the true from the false.

Why will the devil do this? Because it is effective. When it is revealed that a so-called Christian has been living a double life that is a complete contradiction of his or her profession of faith, some people might think, Well, that person is a hypocrite, so I am not going to be a Christian either. I am going to turn my back on this. They are all just a bunch of phonies. They fell for the devil's trap.

So according to Jesus' parable, there will be many in the last days who believe�and many who will fake belief. They will sit side by side in the same churches. They will sing the same songs. They will read the same Bibles. They will say the same things, to some degree. But in reality, these people are never really believers to begin with.

Why do people buy into these crazy teachings? Don't they know any better? The Bible tells us that in the last days, there will literally be a cult explosion�an ever-growing plethora of every belief system possible except the right one.

The Bible tells us that Satan will:

"Use every kind of wicked deception to fool those who are on their way to destruction because they refuse to believe the truth that would save them. So God will send great deception upon them, and they will believe all these lies. Then they will be condemned for not believing the truth and for enjoying the evil they do" (2 Thess. 2:10-12 NLT).

You know something is popular when you start seeing the knock-offs or imitations. The Devil is not very original. He has always seen the value of copying something, and, in so doing, confusing the issue. It seems that whenever there is a genuine work of the Spirit of God, Satan will have his imitation.

Consider Pharaoh's magicians, who were able to duplicate the miracles of Moses, such as the plague of blood in the Nile, and the plague of frogs (see Exodus 7-8).

Jesus told the parable of the wheat and the tares (Matthew 13:24-30). In the story, a man planted wheat in a field, but his enemy came at night and planted tares (or the darnel seed) in the same field. Initially, this tare looks just like the wheat. But as time goes by, it actually uproots the wheat and ultimately destroys it.

These days while God is working, the devil is planting his tares. When they are exposed, people say, "See�they are all hypocrites!" As Peter said, "Christ and his true way will be slandered" through this. Yet, the presence of so many imitations should actually prove that there is an Original.

Whatever we have as Christians, you can be sure that Satan has a counterfeit version:

He has a false gospel that tells you that you can make up the rules as you go.

Along with this false gospel comes a false hope. People think that because they have gone through a certain religious ritual, they are eternally secure.

He has a false messiah. Satan always wanted the top job in heaven, and he has never gotten over losing his once exalted position. In these last days, he will thrust his imitation messiah�the Antichrist� on the world scene.

Here we see Satan's unholy trinity:

Satan, imitating God (and, for a short time, having the worship of people worldwide)

The Antichrist masquerading as the Son

The false prophet impersonating the Holy Spirit

The Work of the Antichrist

The Antichrist will bring about a new religious system that will accommodate everyone. We are currently in the midst of a cult explosion. Whether it be Dianetics, EST, goddess worship, reincarnation, astrology, holistic healing, or any of a hundred consciousness raising techniques of our day�the modern age is on a search for some mystical divine unity. The times are ripe for a world religion.

Brothers,

we ALL listen to the words of God (seed of God) but WE determine what kind of soil our heart will be!!!

We all need to make a real commitment to God Jesus because He is going to judge not only what we say but our motives!

That's why if our mouth will bark like these people bark in this video I provided you above with, then God will judge not only your barking but WHY did you decide to bark!

Is it a genuine imitation of God?!

A barking god is NOT God of Israel. My Father does not bark. He is teaching me to be separated from the madness of the world! I am able to see and understand what is madness and how to live correct.

Why? Because if you are born of God, you KNOW God. And God is not a barking dog! And His HOLY sons are not barking as these fake-churches do! Knowing God, we do what our God says.

Those who bark are demons-possessed. If God is livening in you, demons cannt live in you.

If those who bark in you are NOT the HOLY God of Israel, then who bark in you are demons! It is the manifestation of demons! We can clearly see it on this video!

You should GET RID of your demons TURNING your heart to God, repenting and asking Him to forgive your sins and connections with demons. Then you will be FREE.

If your god is a dog then HOW are you going to get to the Kingdom of God of Israel?!

Get out of your dogs living inside of you and be a son not of demons but the HOLY God of Israel! His sons said:

But everything should be done (in the Church) decently and in orderly way. 1 Corinthians 14:40

If you do not know what is decently then you SHOULD know it. Because God is going to judge your actions and motives. There is NO MADNESS in this God!

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Tthe Holy Spirit is God
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 07:55 AM

Bahira I did show the quote where you said it but yet you acuse me of being a liar and do you remember who the acuse is??? Satan is the acuser so when you acuse me then you are letting satan use you to put a stumbling block before me.

Why do you refuse to answer my question? Do you or do you not think that everyone who claims to speak in tounges is controled by demons and the same as your barkers? Because every time it comes up thats when you start with the barking!

I will say it again I DONT BARK BUT I DO SPEAK IN TOUNGES

You said things that implied everyone who speaks in tounges are the same as the barkers.. So just answer the question

Page : 1 2 3 4