Author Thread: How do you measure your success???
Admin

How do you measure your success???
Posted : 26 Jan, 2009 08:49 PM

Hi I'm Vlad, as you obviously see. I didn't know where else to post this question, so I'm taking a stab at it here. I was talking with a friend today and he asked me an interesting question. How do you (the reader) measure success? There is no right or wrong answer, hint hint...

Blessings'

Vlad,

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2009 08:54 PM

Hi Vlad,

What instantly comes to mind is that if I am pleasing to God, being a good witness, and giving all the glory to Him then I am successful for the Kingdom. Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2009 09:19 PM

Very good, and instant feedback. I was reading about Cathy Truett, founder of Chik-a-Fillet, who I think is a Christian, quoted this scripture in response to the same question that I posted: Proverbs 22:1 "A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold." I thought that it was very interesting to read that. She said that because many people in the worldly sense measure success by fame, fortune and so forth. That success to her is to have an honorable name, to be a person that people can depend on and trust...food for thought.

Lydia, let me ask you: What if your not a good witness, pleasing to Him, and not giving Him the glory--are you a failure? Please, no offense.

Blessings'

Vlad

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2009 09:30 PM

Vlad,

No, not a failure, but disobedient yes. If I am habitually a bad witness and not pleasing to God than I am at the least disobedient.

Good questions Vlad.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2009 09:48 PM

Ok, good response, I will respond more on this later...in the mean time, I have a ton of reading for my class tomorrow.

Blessings'

Vlad,