Author Thread: Forgive Forgive Forgive
elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Forgive Forgive Forgive
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 11:36 AM

What are we as Christians suposed to do if we think someone has sinned agains us?

If you think someone has sinned against you are you suposed to anounce it to the world and try to make them look like a bad person?

I hearg a message on faith radio one day and it stuck with me it was about forgiving, The preacher talked about the rules of forgiving someone which we are commanded to do and he said there are 3 rules 1 is to never bring it up to that person again 2 never talk about it with anyone else again 3 never bring it up to yourself again as all your doing is dwelling on it and sinning in your heart.

So the only reason you should bring up this sin is if the person aproaches you to apoligize at such a time you tel them they have been forgiven.

When you think someone has commited sin whether its just a sin against God or if they have sinned against you personaly I dont really think its the Christian thing to do if you continualy try to convince others of tis persons sin and try to win them over to your way of thinking. That is jugment and you will be juged by the same measure

Furthermore God comands us to forgive our brothers and sisters no matter what this is not for them this is for ourselfs if we harbor unforgivness in out hearts it poisons us and seperates us from comunion with God

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Forgive Forgive Forgive
Posted : 7 Nov, 2011 01:06 PM

Jesus fullfilled the law and ripped the veil, we are free from the law , but that doesnt mean that its an ocasion to sin, what it means we being born of the spirit can over come sin and be free from it.

You see we are not sinners because we sin , we sin because we were born sinners if you live life never commiting one sin then you are stilla sinner because you were born a sinner (even though nobody can do that) we are frre from the law because Jesus fullfilled the law he kept it for us and when we are born again we take on his nature and the more of him we have the less of us we have the less sin there is in our lives.

Being free from the law does does not mean we can go live a sinful lawless life and the say wait a sec I am free from the law nope dont work like that. We still must abstain from sin and when we mess up we must ask forgivness and turn from the sin in our life, the process of regeneration will show us sin we didnt even know was there and the spirit of God will help us over come it, its a process.. But God knows whats in our hearts and thats what he sees.. If our hearts are pure and we are under the blood we are free from the law

View Profile
History
Forgive Forgive Forgive
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 08:48 AM

For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

� 1 Peter 4:17

Sometimes I think Christians believe they are never to make any evaluations of others, that they are to just be loving toward everyone. While it is true that we should be loving, that also means speaking the truth. In fact, the Bible tells us to speak the truth in love (see Ephesians 4:15). So if I am having lunch with a friend who has spinach in his teeth, then as a friend, I will tell him that. A friend tells a friend the truth, even if it is uncomfortable or awkward.

Then there are bigger matters, like sin. Maybe you see some compromise, some weakness in your friend's life. So you say, "I love you, and because of that, I feel that I need to warn you." Your friend might get upset, because people don't like to be criticized. And the kneejerk response we often hear is, "Don't judge me! Who are you to judge me? Doesn't the Bible say, 'Judge not, that you be not judged'?"

Yet the Bible tells us that judgment begins with the house of God (see 1 Peter 4:17). It even tells us, "Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?" (1 Corinthians 6:2). When we make an evaluation of a person's life, we are, in effect, judging them�and there is nothing wrong with that. What we are to avoid, however, is condemnation. When Jesus said, "Judge not, that you be not judged" (Matthew 7:1), a better translation would be, "Condemn not, that you be not condemned."

Yes, we should make judgments. Yes, we should make evaluations. But we are not in the position to condemn. We are not the judge, jury, and executioner.

By Greg Laury

View Profile
History
Forgive Forgive Forgive
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 08:48 AM

Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

� 1 Corinthians 6:2

Is there a place for judging? Are we to judge one another, and if so, on what basis? Jesus said, "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you" (Matthew 7:1�2). The Greek word Jesus used for "judge" means, "to separate, choose, select, or determine." In context, we see that Jesus is dealing primarily with motives. You cannot judge my motives, nor can I judge yours. We may have an evaluation of someone, but we can't see his or her heart.

The better translation of this statement would be, "Condemn not, that you be not condemned." I am to make judgments and evaluations, but I am not to condemn. Some people are hypercritical. They are just looking for people to slip up. They are quick to jump to conclusions. As one of my favorite preachers, the late J. Vernon McGee, said, "The only exercise some Christians get is jumping to conclusions and running down others."

Sometimes we are quick to jump to conclusions and quick to believe the worst instead of the best about someone. Jesus is saying we should not do that. So if someone says to you, "Well, doesn't the Bible say, 'Judge not, that you be not judged'?" your response should be, "Yes, but I don't think you understand the meaning of that statement." The reality is that Christians are to make judgments. A judgment is an evaluation, and we make them every day.

We are not in a position to see a person's heart, and we are not in a position to bring final judgment on someone. Our objective is to never to condemn and put down; it is to help and restore.

By Greg Laury

View Profile
History
Forgive Forgive Forgive
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 08:49 AM

For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

� 1 Corinthians 5:12-13

Judge not, lest you be judged. . . . We have all heard it. It is in the Bible, in Matthew 7:1, where Jesus said, "Judge not, that you be not judged."

But let's understand these words contextually. A better translation of the statement would be, "Condemn not, that you be not condemned." In other words, God is the final judge. He decides who gets into heaven and who does not. Greg Laurie doesn't decide that. You don't decide that. No one else decides that. We are not to condemn, meaning to pass final judgment.

But we are to judge, in the sense of making evaluations�even corrections when necessary�regarding fellow believers. Paul addresses this very subject in 1 Corinthians 5:

I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. . . . For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? (verses 10, 12)

Paul was saying that it is our job to judge those inside the church. But a lot of believers ignore this. They say, "Oh, no. Just be loving." But I would say that they don't really know what love is. Love cares enough to confront.

We are so into loving everyone, not even understanding what the word means, that we have lost our sense of discernment in standing up for what is right. We should do it with compassion, concern, and humility. Yet we should make the stand.

Bu Greg Laury

View Profile
History
Forgive Forgive Forgive
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 08:49 AM

Gal 5:13-14

13 For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Rom 13:7-10

7 Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9 For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Paul quotes four of the ten commandments (found in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5), and links them to the Mosaic command to "love your neighbor as yourself" (Lev 19:18).

Rom 13:13-14

13 Let us behave properly as in the day, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual promiscuity and sensuality, not in strife and jealousy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.

1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."

Prov 10:12 Hatred stirs up strife,

But love covers all transgressions.

1 Peter 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.

Gal 5:19-24

19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love , joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.

1 Cor 10:6 Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they also craved.

1 Cor 10:8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did � and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died.

1 Cor 10:11 Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

1 Cor 10:12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall.

Eph 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children

Eph 5:2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

Eph 5:5 For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Eph 5:6-11

6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them; 8 for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light 9 (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth), 10 trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord . 11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness , but instead even expose them;

View Profile
History
Forgive Forgive Forgive
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 08:50 AM

Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:1

Matthew 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this (love ) sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 22:39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

Jesus commands us:

John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

Galatians 5:14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

James 2:8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right.

View Profile
History
Forgive Forgive Forgive
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 08:50 AM

WE'RE BORN WITH A SIN NATURE -

Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 08:12 AM

I do not believe in it Donna.

Do you know why?

Jesus did not inherit sins of his mother....

Sins do not pass from generation to generation but only God's punishment.

Also God gave us free will to choose sin of a life free of sins. When Adam sinned, sin/crimes passed to our world and people started to sin. Why? Sin was not inherited but people chose to sin.

That's why Jesus was born without sins and our children do not have sins until they choose to sin.

Blessings!

Love ya Donna.

Page : 1 2