Author Thread: Take a Ris
Admin

Take a Ris
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 07:49 AM

But the Lord said, "Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel."

�Acts 9:15

Saul had no idea what had just happened to him. After hearing the voice of Jesus on the Damascus Road, he fell to the ground, blinded by a searing light that penetrated the sun. Then he was led to the home of a man named Judas (no relation to Judas Iscariot).

Enter Ananias, the unsung hero. God told him in a vision,

"Go over to Straight Street, to the house of Judas. When you get there, ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul. He is praying to me right now. I have shown him a vision of a man named Ananias coming in and laying hands on him so he can see again." (Acts 9:11�12)

But Ananias had his doubts. He said, "I've heard many people talk about the terrible things this man has done to the believers in Jerusalem! And he is authorized by the leading priests to arrest everyone who calls upon your name" (verses 13�14).

You can understand Ananias' reticence. Saul was a notorious hunter of Christians. Saul had consented to Stephen's murder. Yet God said, "Go."

Do you know someone right now whom you cannot imagine ever becoming a Christian? That is what it was like when Saul of Tarsus came to Christ.

Sometimes God will put a burden on your heart. You will see someone, and there will be a burden from God that you ought to talk to that person. Of course, if God says go, we can say no. God said "Go," to Jonah, and he said no at first. But eventually he went, dragging his feet.

Are you going to be a Jonah or an Ananias? When the Lord says, "Go," are you going to fight it? Or, will you be an Ananias? Just go. Do it. Take a risk.

By Greg Laury

View Profile
History
Take a Ris
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 07:50 AM

:ROFL: The name of this thread should be "Take a Risk"...sorry

View Profile
History
Take a Ris
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 08:57 AM

Why did he go to Paul?

View Profile
History
Take a Ris
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 10:28 AM

Who are the elect?

Our God Jesus said:

"For many are invited, but few are chosen:angel:." Matthew 22:14

Revelation 17:14 They will make war against the Lamb/Jesus, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings--and with him will be his called chosen :angel:and faithful:bow: followers."

2 Peter 1:10 Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election :angel:sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,

But you are a chosen people , a royal priesthood, a holy nation:angel: , a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light . 1 Peter 2:9

6 And He said to me, �It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.

7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things:angel:, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.�Revelation 21

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments:bow:, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.Revelation 22

So, who are the elect?

They are those who will not be crushed by their sins and safely land in the Kingdom of God. They are those, who are faithful, do God's commandments and holy:angel:!

God knows the end from the beginning. That's why He called them the elect and the chosen:angel:. He says the end/the result of their race of life.

All are invited to their Wedding but not all will go there. Not all are dressed appropriately in the clothes of righteousness:angel:.

They have many reasons not to obey God!!!

It means all Christians/unbelievers/people are invited to the Kingdom of God but now all will be able to enter there. Only a few (a small remnant -Isaiah 53-) will win the race.

Matthew 22

The Parable of the Wedding Feast

1 And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said: 2 �The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, 3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come. 4 Again, he sent out other servants, saying, �Tell those who are invited, �See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding.�� 5 But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business. 6 And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them. 7 But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. 8 Then he said to his servants, �The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy. 9 Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.� 10 So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 �But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. 12 So he said to him, �Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?� And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the servants, �Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and[a] cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.�

14 �For many are called, but few are chosen.�

2 Corinthians 11:2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure:angel: virgin to him.

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Take a Ris
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 07:43 PM

Bahira, you said.. "all are invited to the wedding but not all will go there"

so you are saying that every man is called right? and the ones that become his chosen elect are the ones who dont reject his call the ones who submet to him??

Is that what you meant? because that is way off from what james saya and what donna agrees with I am not sure what she thinks but this is what you think right?