Author Thread: "what God has joined together let no man( in this case no woman)put ansunder"
sweetonjesus

View Profile
History
"what God has joined together let no man( in this case no woman)put ansunder"
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 07:37 PM

Hi all you guys out there, I am giving you just alittle history before I ask my question, so please bear with me.

I have been happily married for 32 years to who, I thought was my soulmate. We had just celebrated our 30 wedding aniversary by renewing our vows in church, with a pastor, bridesmaids, best men and the whole deal(this was my husband's idea). It was wonderful. Then just 2 years later he informed me he was leaving me. This was 3 1/2 years ago now. He left me for a co-oworker and my best friend(who stood up for me at our 30th renewal of our vows).

My question is why do men cheat on their wives, lie to them, play with their emotions, make the woman feel she is to blame by accusing them of being jealous/possessive, when all along they know what they are doing is wrong?

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 06:09 PM

Hi,

I am sorry you had to go through all of that, but if I had the answer to your question, I could finance my ministry alone for the rest of my life.

I wanted to say that men don't own the patent on this type of behavior, I know hundreds of men who have been through the same thing you have and more. Women seem to enjoy destroying men as they leave, just as men do. I think it is more of a secular thing, than a man thing.

I think, if you poll the divorced people on here, you will find that almost all have been through almost the exact same thing. I believe things like the renewal of your vows, or working out the problems, or getting more romantic, are signs that the other is no longer happy and are trying to stay together. But they always find someone else, and then it is worse.

Love and grace,

Leon

sweetonjesus

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 09:16 PM

Hi Leon;

Thanks for your advise, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. You are definately right it isn't only men who act in this way, women do too.

I also think that most men, not all men , have a problem communicating their feelings and emotions to us women. They find it difficult to express themselves, what they are thinking, how they feel about things, if they are upset tell us they are upset. I think men have a tendancy to tell women more of what they think we want to hear than the truth. Maybe men think that if they tell some of us women out there the truth they may hurt us. I for one, would rather hear the truth whether it hurts or not, then to be lied to or hear nothing at all to avoid conflict or confrontation. I truly believe that communication between two people is extremely important if they are going to build a good healthy relationship.

Thanks again Leon, for your reply, I will definately take it to heart.

Woman out there I would like to hear your opinions too.

God Bless and take Care.

LaVerne