English-Repent / Repentance

Greek-metanoeo

metanoe�: to change one's mind or purpose

Original Word: μετανοέω

Part of Speech: Verb

Transliteration: metanoe�

Phonetic Spelling: (met-an-o-eh'-o)

Short Definition: I repent, change my mind

Definition: I repent, change my mind, change the inner man (particularly with reference to acceptance of the will of God), repent.

3340 metano�ō (from 3326 /met�, "changed after being with" and 3539 /noi�ō, "think") � properly, "think differently after," "after a change of mind"; to repent (literally, "think differently afterwards").

Does a person repent of sin before trusting Yeshua or afterwards.

If a person is able to Repent of sin before trusting Yeshua then we have Salvation by 'Works'

When a person 'repents' Yeshua calls that person to be repenting of their 'Unbelief' of Himself,before trusting Him for salvation.

Mar 1:15 and saying, The time has been fulfilled, and the kingdom of God draws near. Repent and believe in the gospel.

Since sin is the result of Unbelief,we are then called to repent of 'UNBELIEF"

i.e.

Sin is like a dandolion;

A person sees the dandolion, wanting to remove the dandolion this person takes the dandolion and pulls the dandolion out and rejoices.

Yet in a few weeks the dandolion returns.

This time the person uses a chemical spray,which works for a short time,but the dandlion returns.

A landscaper is called and they tell the person that the dandolion roots need to be removed,once removed there will be no more dandolions.

Sin is very much the same,we see the symptoms,illicit sex,

drunkeness,drugs,greed,coveteousness,unforgiveness,hate,anger,bitterness,and every sin in Scripture known to man.

Doctors treat the symptoms of diseases,and throughout this life man deals with symptoms.

We think,because the symptoms are gone the problem does not exist.

Sin is as the dandolion roots,we deal with the syptoms/problem;

Yeshua deals with the root issues,

After Yeshua has dealt with the root issues,there will be no more outward signs of the inward workings of Sin.

No more dandolion roots,no more dandolions.

Shalom

Me

ps:

This is why i await the 'NEW CREATION'

For everything will not be dealt with in this life.

View Profile
History
Sin and repentance
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 07:09 AM

Not true the bible is a christians source''

View Profile
History
Sin and repentance
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 08:51 AM

The traditions of men, are man's opinion's of the bible.

First is hearing George, hearing of the heart.

Second is believing with the heart.

Third is mixing faith with that heard and believed and man's words will always believe his faith or unbelief

View Profile
History
Sin and repentance
Posted : 26 Nov, 2011 01:34 PM

Believers dead to sin

Romans 8 chapter

11, 12 verses

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

:glow:

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

:angel:

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. Acts 3:19 KJV