Author Thread: Put Your Heart into It
Admin

Put Your Heart into It
Posted : 30 Nov, 2011 06:50 AM

Pray without ceasing.

�1 Thessalonians 5:17

The prayer that prevails is the prayer that is prayed with intensity�the prayer that is offered continually and passionately.

Acts 12 opens with some tragic events in the life of the early church: King Herod had James executed, and he threw Peter into prison. Then we read, "Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church" (verse 5).

Think about what they were facing. James, the beloved apostle who was always there with John, had gone to heaven. It must have been a shock. They were mourning the loss of this great man of God.

And then Herod arrested Peter. It was the night before his trial and potential execution, so they were praying. But their prayer was not just a kick backed yawn: "Lord, help out Peter. . . . What's for dinner?" Rather, it was more like, "Oh, Lord, help Peter! Oh, Lord, deliver Peter!" In fact the word used in this verse for "constant" could be translated "earnestly" or "stretched outwardly." It is the idea of a soul stretching toward an earnest desire. It was praying with agony, with intensity.

The same Greek word is used in Luke 22:44 to describe Jesus' prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane, where "being in agony, He prayed more earnestly."

A lot of times our prayers are so laid back, so casual. Much of our prayer has no power in it because there is no heart in it. Yet the prayer that prevails with God is the prayer into which we put our whole soul, stretching out toward God with intense and agonizing desire. We need to keep bringing our requests to God again and again.

If we put so little heart into our prayers, we can't expect God to put much heart into answering them.

By Greg Laury

View Profile
History
Put Your Heart into It
Posted : 30 Nov, 2011 07:53 AM

Thank you for writing this. This is such an excellent message.

View Profile
History
Put Your Heart into It
Posted : 30 Nov, 2011 08:00 AM

Hi brother, it was written by Greg Laury.

I am writing in Chines-Jewish-Russian....:ROFL:

My English is poor

View Profile
History
Put Your Heart into It
Posted : 30 Nov, 2011 08:11 AM

Sorry brother.

The name of the author is Greg Laurie.

View Profile
History
Put Your Heart into It
Posted : 30 Nov, 2011 09:06 AM

If we put so little heart into our prayers, we can't expect God to put much heart into answering them.

*** :applause:...Thats a Truth for sure...thanxs sister...Good Word...Good Manna...Luv ya...xo

View Profile
History
Put Your Heart into It
Posted : 30 Nov, 2011 09:17 AM

Bahira, Good word as always from Greg:applause::glow:

View Profile
History
Put Your Heart into It
Posted : 30 Nov, 2011 02:04 PM

Great post Bahira!!

God says, "You will find Me when you seek Me with **ALL YOUR HEART!" which would also include are prayers.

Jeremiah 29:13

dljrn04

View Profile
History
Put Your Heart into It
Posted : 30 Nov, 2011 02:51 PM

Amen bahira.

:yay:

View Profile
History
Put Your Heart into It
Posted : 30 Nov, 2011 06:52 PM

Yet the prayer that prevails with God is the prayer into which we put our whole soul, stretching out toward God with intense and agonizing desire. We need to keep bringing our requests to God again and again.

I put my whole soul, stretching out toward God with intense and agonizing desire. And, God answers!!!!

Praise God!:applause:

View Profile
History
Put Your Heart into It
Posted : 2 Dec, 2011 10:59 AM

Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mat 17:21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

I do not need great prayer,or earnestness,or much heart.

I do need 'FAITH' in YESHAU,who is EL-SHADDAI,GOD the Son GOD Almighty.

I need faith in YHWHs power and in His being faithful to answering that which is according to His will.

It does not depend upon how much 'effort I' put into praying,for my effort counts as nothing to YHWH.

Remember,the Old Covenanr priests were to be wearing Linen clothing so as not to be sweating,for sweating was about human aceivement,not faith in YHWH.

1John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

1John 5:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Shalom

Me

ps:

Why do american people think that it is about what they do,instead of trusting the 'FINISHED WORK' of Yeshua

View Profile
History
Put Your Heart into It
Posted : 2 Dec, 2011 11:04 AM

George are you not American?