Author Thread: Racist Church Overturns Racist Ban...
Admin

Racist Church Overturns Racist Ban...
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 02:07 PM

Ky church overturns ban on interracial couples

After uproar, Ky. church revisits interracial ban

When Stella Harville brought her black boyfriend to her family's all-white church in rural Kentucky, she thought nothing of it. She and Ticha Chikuni worshipped there whenever they were in town, and he even sang before the congregation during one service.

PIKEVILLE, Ky. -- An eastern Kentucky church under a firestorm of criticism since members voted to bar mixed-race couples from joining the congregation overturned that decision Sunday, saying it welcomes all believers. Stacy Stepp, pastor of the Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church in Pike County, told The Associated Press that the vote by nine people last week was declared null and void after it was determined that new bylaws can't run contrary to local, state or national laws. He said the proposal was discriminatory, therefore it couldn't be adopted.

Stepp said about 30 people who attended church services voted on a new resolution that welcomes "believers into our fellowship regardless of race, creed or color."

The issue came up at the tiny all-white Appalachian church after the daughter of church secretary Dean Harville visited over the summer with her boyfriend, who is from Africa, and the two sang for the congregation.

Harville said he was approached in August by Melvin Thompson, the church member who crafted the resolution to bar mixed-race couples, and was told that his daughter and her boyfriend were no longer allowed to sing at the church.

Thompson has said he is not racist and called the matter an "internal affair."

Stepp said the Sandy Valley Conference of Free Will Baptists declared the vote on Thompson's resolution null and void during a meeting on Saturday.

He said he told church members on Sunday about the decision and proposed a resolution to promote "peace, love and harmony."

He said the resolution to welcome all believers passed with a unanimous vote.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 02:09 PM

This article can be found at this web address http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/04/2531145/pastor-says-hell-void-vote-on.html

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 04:57 PM

:applause:...bout time the Racist Overturns the Racists...in or outa Church...:yay:...Lets toast to it...:buddies:...thats Root Beer Folks...:peace:..xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 05:06 PM

Welcome ALL believers!:applause:

God has sees No Color and if man does; he better

ask God to help him not be a Racist. God does not

like Racist. :waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 07:55 PM

I wonder if any of the Arminians on this group noticed it

was a FREE WILL baptist church????

So we know that church has no Biblical grounds for not allowing people to marry someone with a different skin tone, AND they have no Biblical grounds for saying man has a free will.

And Miss ET, how about a post on black liberation theology churches?

Remember that hate filled church Obama went to for ten years?

In Christ,

James

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 08:18 PM

James said: I wonder if any of the Arminians on this group noticed it was a FREE WILL baptist church???? So we know that church has no Biblical grounds for not allowing people to marry someone with a different skin tone, AND they have no Biblical grounds for saying man has a free will.

And Miss ET, how about a post on black liberation theology churches? Remember that hate filled church Obama went to for ten years?

Ella says: Yeah James,you are on point... They have all the FREE WILL TO DO AS THEY PLEASE, BUT NOT AS PLEASING TO GOD...

You know its no harm if you posted soemthing on the black liberation theology either... I have posted on Black Liberation theology on this site before, I think it was here or another site, but no one even knew what it was all about... they, the BLT, as they call it, has been mighty quiet lately since Obama disassociated himsefl with our dear Bro. Rev. Dr. Jerry Wright, or should I say... Bro. Rev. Dr. Jerry WRONG, the black racist who is still stuck in the 1950's:ROFL:

I posted this inforamtion about these people because it is a hot topic in the media... but I will post on the BLT, and so can you or anyone else for that matter... tell the truth and make the devil SHAME!:yay:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 07:55 AM

I wonder if any of the Arminians on this group noticed it

was a FREE WILL baptist church????

*** SOOoooo...SrJames "Notices" FREE WILL ina Baptist Church ???....:rolleyes:...For one that constantly argues there is No Such Thing as "Free Will"...then how come ya "Noticed"....Go Figer...the Calvinists ALWAYS causing Seperation...Dont they know that JESUS already came to do cause Seperation...and when HE returns...its FINAL...Goats is Goats and Sheep is Sheeps...Be Blessed...and QUIT being Racist against Arminian's...GEEZZZzzzzz...hava a cup of Hot CoCo :yay: and Chill-Lax...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 05:55 PM

ET and GodsJude!

:applause:

Fight that :devil: with the Word of Truth!:boxing: