Author Thread: Romans 8:28 The Promise Of
Admin

Romans 8:28 The Promise Of
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 09:28 AM

All things working together for Good is conditional:

To those that first love God, if one is walking in denial to the word of God you are not walkin in love towards God.

If you are part of another doctrine as is common on this site, this scripture will not work for you.

If you are walking in the flesh, this scripture will not work for you.

If you are not a tither this scripture will not work for you..

The bottom line of this scripture is this the reason so many are not walking in the light of this scripture is very SIMPLE.

THE TRADITIONS OF MEN MAKE THE PROMISES OF GOD OF NO AFFECT.

THE RECEIPENT OF THIS PROMISE MUST HAVE RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRIT with the evidence of speaking in tongues to even walk in the light of this scripture.

Verses 26 and 27 are the conditions to the promise.

You can not pray as you know not how to pray unless you pray in other tongues.

The good news is you get into fellowship with the father, as you repent of the unbelief and receive the promise of the spirit., and then be a doer of the word and you will walk in the promise.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 03:33 PM

Romans 8:28

(KJV) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

(KJV+) AndG1161 we knowG1492 thatG3754 all thingsG3956 work togetherG4903 forG1519 goodG18 to them that loveG25 God,G2316 to them who areG5607 theG3588 calledG2822 accordingG2596 to his purpose.G4286

(LITV) But we know that to the ones loving God all things work together for good, to those being called according to purpose;

(YLT) And we have known that to those loving God all things do work together for good, to those who are called according to purpose;

The better translation of this verse:

YHWH works all things together for the benefit of those called according to His purpose,these are those which Love YHWH.

First the word 'WORKS'

English-'Works'

Greek-'sunerge�

sunerge�: to work together

Original Word: συνεργέω

Part of Speech: Verb

Transliteration: sunerge�

Phonetic Spelling: (soon-erg-eh'-o)

Short Definition: I work together

Definition: I cooperate with, work together.

Word Origin

from sunergos

Definition

to work together

NASB Word Usage

causes to work (1), helps in the work (1), work together (1), worked (1), working (1), working together (1).

NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries

Copyright � 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation

All rights reserved Lockman.org

to work together

From sunergos; to be a fellow-worker, i.e. Co-operate -- help (work) with, work(-er) together.

So what are some of the 'THINGS' which YHWH uses in cooperation with His purposes to the benfit of His people.

Sin

Sickness

Death

Poverty

Trials Tribulations

Persecution(s)

Faithlessness ,or lack of faith

Discipline

Brokeness

Fear

These are just a few of the things which YHWH uses to benefit His people.

What then are these benefits,

To depend upon YHWH for the following:

Life

Love

Fellowship

Protection

Direction

Faith

Grace

Mercy

Wisdom

Comfort

Provision

Healing

Being brought to an end of trusting myself,to trusting YHWH.

Things just do not work themselves together for the benefit of the people of YHWH.

For things do not have wisdom,nor the power to be working themseleve together,nor are things Omnipotent,Omnipresent,

Nor Omniscient.

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Just look at your own lives,what were some of the things YHWH hass used in your lives to bring you to Himself;

And to make you as you are.

Shalom

The Gardner

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 03:42 PM

Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 03:33 PM

Romans 8:28

(KJV) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

(KJV+) AndG1161 we knowG1492 thatG3754 all thingsG3956 work togetherG4903 forG1519 goodG18 to them that loveG25 God,G2316 to them who areG5607 theG3588 calledG2822 accordingG2596 to his purpose.G4286

(LITV) But we know that to the ones loving God all things work together for good, to those being called according to purpose;

(YLT) And we have known that to those loving God all things do work together for good, to those who are called according to purpose;

The better translation of this verse:

YHWH works all things together for the benefit of those called according to His purpose,these are those which Love YHWH.

First the word 'WORKS'

English-'Works'

Greek-'sunerge�

sunerge�: to work together

Original Word: συνεργέω

Part of Speech: Verb

Transliteration: sunerge�

Phonetic Spelling: (soon-erg-eh'-o)

Short Definition: I work together

Definition: I cooperate with, work together.

Word Origin

from sunergos

Definition

to work together

NASB Word Usage

causes to work (1), helps in the work (1), work together (1), worked (1), working (1), working together (1).

NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries

Copyright � 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation

All rights reserved Lockman.org

to work together

From sunergos; to be a fellow-worker, i.e. Co-operate -- help (work) with, work(-er) together.

So what are some of the 'THINGS' which YHWH uses in cooperation with His purposes to the benfit of His people.

Sin

Sickness

Death

Poverty

Trials Tribulations

Persecution(s)

Faithlessness ,or lack of faith

Discipline

Brokeness

Fear

No George the father does not have any working agreement with Satan

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 03:44 PM

George you completely went somewhere else.

Yes things do work together for us when we are obedient George, and when we are not doers of the word we deceive or delude ourselves, very simple.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 06:57 PM

Awm and Donna are right. The verse IS written to God's chosen people.

I think PJ is seeing this verse as conditional upon obedience to some rules that the author did not mention.

Since you are a member of a pentecostal church, and plenty of them are bound up in legalism I wonder if there are any other rules we have to follow so that God will bless us?

For instance I live in the St.Louis area, home of the headquarters of the UPC.

They have a list of rules they give out to new members called

"the articles of holiness"

They are just man made rules but if one is to be holy according to them then:

1. Women must wear dresses and not pants.

2. Men must have short hair and NO facial hair.

I am sure you can guess the type of "don't's" on the rest of

the list.

I also think that Romans 8 is conditional, and it is conditional because it only applies to God's people.

If you are trusting in Jesus for your salvation,

then it applies to YOU.........!!

In Christ,

James

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 10:38 PM

James your response has nothing to do with the post and completly deny the truth.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 10:56 PM

Rom 8:28 But we know that to the ones loving God all things work together for good, to those being called according to purpose;

Rom 8:29 because whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be the First-born among many brothers.

Rom 8:30 But whom He predestinated, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Rom 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

The result of verse 28 is found in verses 29-31

vs.29:

These 'THINGS' are used of YHWH to 'CONFORM' me to the image of Yeshua.

English-conform

Greek-summorphos

summorphos: similar, conformed to

Original Word: σύμμορφος, ον

Part of Speech: Adjective

Transliteration: summorphos

Phonetic Spelling: (soom-mor-fos')

Short Definition: similar, conformed to

Definition: similar, conformed to.

Cognate: 4832 s�mmorphos � properly, conformed, by sharing the same inner essence-identity (form); showing similar behavior from having the same essential nature (used in Phil 3:10; this adjectival form also occurs in Ro 8:29 in many texts). See 4833 (symmorphoō).

vs.30

Rom 8:30 But whom He predestinated, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Gardner

This is done completely according to the will,and ways of YHWH.

Mans s0 called free will in not involved here.

Vs.31

Rom 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Gardner

When these things happen a believr should not be surprized that they happen.

We should be concerned if they are not happening.

Shalom

The Gardner

ps:

PJ,When will you repent of your unbelief and begin trusting Yeshua to save you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 12:13 AM

Geoege I am not to repent of your unbelief, I know what I said and I know what the scripture declares How things work together for good for those that love him and are called according to his purpose.

His purpose in this context was that christians

The purpose being the Spirit helpeth our infirmities, for we know not how to pray as we ought, but the spirit itself make intercession for us, with groanings that can not be uttered.

It could not get any clearer for the spirit helps us to pray the will of God for the saints.

No man can not speak of a spiritual truth that he has not walked in,

No man can pray as this context teaches lest he has received the Holy Spirit and prays in other tongues.

Pro 18:13 He that giveth answer before he heareth, It is folly and shame unto him.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 12:09 PM

PJ writes:

"Wiseman loves to draw attention to himself that is far different than, procaliming the truth.

Romans 8:28 say's:

All things work together for those that love God

How do we know e love God".....?

[end]

YOU ARE 100% WRONG!

That [above] is not what it states, PJ! You took the Romans 8:28 scripture and are rearranging words so that they fit your warping of the scripture.

Romans 8:28 states:

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

I notice that you PJ deliberately chose not to utilize the first four words [AND WE KNOW THAT], and the remainder of Romans 8:28 [TO THOSE THAT ARE THE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE], choosing instead to take mangle the internal NINE [9] words, "ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THOSE THAT LOVE GOD", and left out completely the word "GOOD".

It is no wonder your theology looks like it came out of a blender; IT DID!:yay::boxing::rocknroll::ROFL:

awm

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 12:31 PM

Wiseman you might want to meditate on what you say, you have a strong habit of adding to and taking away from scripture, just as you do people's post.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 12:35 PM

What I said is very clear it is your corruption that is continually at work trying play truth unto yourself, I did not leave anything out.

I clearly brought the conditions of the promise, you have continually denied the promise and the truth's behind it.

Page : 1 2 3