Author Thread: What's missing here?
Admin

What's missing here?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 06:53 PM

The Fundamental Beliefs of Reformed Christianity

In our day there are "many" Churches that call themselves Reformed, which are Reformed Churches in name only. Any Church can slap the title "Reformed" over its entrance. But the basic teachings of God-centered historical and Biblical Christianity must remain constant. They do not change with the shifting winds of time, or with the social, political or moral climate of culture. They forever stand as strong as the solid rock of scripture upon which they are built. The following are the general guidelines of the doctrines of true Historical Reformed and Biblical Christianity:

We accept without question that the 66 books of the Bible, both the Old and the New Testaments, are the divinely inspired words of God to man (Psalm 119:160).

We believe that the Bible in its original manuscript, is infallible, and thus the supreme authority for the Christian Church today (2nd Timothy 3:16).

We believe in one God, revealed in the three persons of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This God is sovereign Creator and Ruler of the universe (1st john 5:7; Isaiah 48:16), and upholds all by His power.

We believe in the personage of the spirit of Satan, and his present rule over unregenerate man (Luke 22:3; Gal. 4:3).

We believe in the fall and lost estate of man, which places him under the curse of sin. He is a slave (in bondage) so that he cannot please God with his good works, unless he is regenerated unto righteousness by the Spirit of God (Jeremiah 17:9-10; Romans 3:10-18).

We believe in the necessity of regeneration, or being born from above, a new creation in Christ Jesus. Every person who is justified before God, must be born from above (John 3:7).

We believe in God's irresistible Grace, that all whom God has chosen unto salvation, and all for whom Jesus Christ died, will be drawn of God, by absolutely no merit of their own, and be saved through faith (John 6:44; Ephesians. 2:8) of Christ.

We believe that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour (Acts 4:12), the God/Man who was crucified in our stead, that we might have forgiveness of our sins through His purging. It is in our wearing His robe of Righteousness, that we are accounted worthy to stand righteous (1st Peter 2:24) before God.

We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His miraculous virgin birth, and His fulfilling the prophesy of the coming Messiah (Isaiah 9:6; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:14; Isaiah 53;) to be Saviour of man.

We believe in the Sovereign right of God, in which:

"..He does according to His will in the army of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain His hand or say to Him, 'what have You done?' " -Dan. 4:35

We believe that God, before the worlds were made, has Chosen us in Christ, that we should be Holy and without blame. As scripture makes clear, "He will have mercy on whosoever He will have mercy, and whomever He will, He hardeneth." (Romans 9:18).

We believe in His realized redemptive death, and we understand the faithful truth that Christ did not die in vain for any man, thus He couldn't have died for every man or indiscriminately for all mankind. The wages of sin is death, and He died for the sins of His People who were known only to God from before creation. They are those who were pre-determined to be saved, for His own purposes. His death was sufficient for His people, that every sin that went to the cross with Him, was atoned for, providing a "real" true redemption of man from those sins (Matthew 20:28; John 10:15, 26; 17:9).

We believe that in Christ's Resurrection from the dead, in the spirit we were raised up with Him. And as He was raised without sin and without corruption, so we are risen without spot or blemish unto eternal redemption, His work being finished! God thus succeeded in saving all those for whom He died (Matt. 1:21), and not one was lost or in vain.

We believe in Christ's resurrection from the dead, His present exaltation at the right hand of the father, and that in due time He will come again and bring all of His saints with him, and so they will reign in life and glory evermore (Luke 24:1-8).

We all believe in the spiritual, indivisible (not invisible) Church, the Body of Christ that is bound together by the Holy Spirit. We believe that the "true" indivisible body consists only of those who are born from above, for whom Christ now makes intercession in Heaven. We believe in the visible return of Christ to this world for final judgment (Acts 17:31).

We believe in eternal security, where all for whom Christ died, washing away 'every' sin, cannot have that sin return wherein they could be lost again.

We understand the belief in man's ability to "lose his salvation," is not only an unbiblical doctrine, but also an illogical and indefensible one. For it is self-evident that "if" all sins were washed away in Christ's blood, we cannot come into condemnation for any bad works, or lack of works (sin). Else all sins were not atoned for in the first place.

In this, God is revealed not as an idle bystander, but as an active Spirit in all of nature and of the affairs of men, that He keeps His elect secure, and will not slumber (Psalms 121:3). Those who "truly" receive salvation from God are sealed (secured) by the holy Spirit and preserved in strength of His faith, that they endure to the end (John 10:27-29; Eph. 1:13; 4:30; 2nd Cor. 1:22). Not by their own merit, but by the meritorious work of Christ.

View Profile
History
What's missing here?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 10:36 PM

There's is no faith in the proclamation simply by the fact that they have manipulated scripture to produce their doctrine.

It is not of faith.

Void of Love as the father is love.

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
What's missing here?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 06:52 AM

amen PJ I was just commenting on awms post and I was just thinking real hard about the fact that saying God is the author of sin is blasphemy, and how small minded a thought is that says that is we have the opportunity to accept or reject salvation takes away Gods soverginty it absolutl does not, that thought puts God on the same level as man and his ways are not our ways, the fact that God gives us the chance at salvation and he is the one that put this plan into motion and that most will reject him and never truly become born again, this is still all his plan and in no way takes away from his soverginty because in his soverginty he put this plan in place.. (BIG DUH) so we are chosen but we become chosen after we are called ("many are called") then a few people will not rebel or reject this call and become chosen ("few are chosen") how can you misunderstand that! Even that one little peice of scripture that they quote all the time completly refutes what they are preaching! Becasue if God has chosen a few from the begining and he causes them all to endure till the end then why wouldnt it be few are called and few are chosen? UMMM in Gods sovergnty as they see it if he calls you then you make it but that is in direct contradiction to many are called few are chosen! HELLOOOOOO WaKE UP! Its as plain as the nose on their face but they dont love the truth so they have been sold a lie! They want to believe no matter what they do they are gonna make it but that one little verse refutes what they believe and they are the ones going around hollering it!

IF I am wrong someone please tell mee! Please explain in detail how many are called few are chosen fits into calvinist beliefs

View Profile
History
What's missing here?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 07:47 AM

Calvinist beliefs are simply a twisting of scripture to build a doctrine unto themself.

View Profile
History
What's missing here?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 11:01 AM

Let's get this out into the open right now.. I AM NOT A CALVINIST! So, wipe your mouth out with soap for telling that lie, PJ.

You [PJ] and ElishaBroadway, seem to be having a hard time with the WRITTEN WORD OF GOD!!!!!

Let me copy and paste it again:

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." [Isaiah 45:7]

Notice please, although you may not like it, that the scripture states, "I MAKE PEACE AND CREATE EVIL: I THE LORD DO ALL THESE THINGS!"

Now, if you want to call yourselves believers, you will simply have to reconcile that passage, as well as the next, with your views of theology:

"If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble? If a calamity occurs in a city has not the LORD done it?" [Amos 3:6]

Now, is this what is written in these passages?

Then do not state, PJ, that "this is something that AWM has stated"; I was merely reiterating what is already written in the Word of God.

If you do not like it, PJ and ElishaBroadway, you will simply have to get over it.

awm

View Profile
History
What's missing here?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 12:07 PM

Un wiseman where is it in this post that I said you where a Calvinist.

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
What's missing here?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 01:27 PM

awm I never said you were a calvinist, that would make you a christian and you have made it quite clear your not a Christian! And I dont have to get over anything , I told you I agreed with it, in its context! The Evil referd to in that scripture is not sin, but bad things like storms or deaths, I am full aware that the actualy word evil wasnt what wa written but it was some hebrew word and someone thought the definition was close to the word evil but it didnt say sin, if he had meant sin it would jave said sin! Are you learning disabled or reading impaired I said even to PJ it was there so we have to except it, I argued with one of my only allys on this forum in fact PJ is my only ally that is a man, so why are you attacking me! I feel so sorry for the woman you fool into being your wife (Lord forgive me) You are a mean hing minded destructive person! You only styarted that thread to start up an argument, I can tell by the tone or implied tone of your title! So please quyit just trying to stir up trouble and cause division AWM, becasue that is satanic! you have succeeded in dividing PJ and I on this subject and that was your intention to stir up strife not bring people to truth! Thats what Satan does and you have got your head crammed so far up your own hiney that you cant even see how youy allow satan to use you to cause doubt, fear and unbeliefe in others its withcraft and you are loving it! Makes me sick that you claim Christ but love division so much! GET A CLUE